The Star today has listed the highest paid Premier League managers, and it’s little surprise that Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola are the highest paid managers at a massive £13M each per year.
City are top, and United are second in the league table at the moment although both clubs have spent massive money on their players.
And managers are worth their high wages because they can have a significant impact on a team and more than any one player.
We pay Rafa £5M a year which is a good wage but he’s also worth every single penny of that, and you cannot really say that for every manager on the list.
Rafa Benitez – 8th in list at £5M/year – worth every penny
Here are the list of the top paid managers with Ronald Koeman earning more than Rafa at £6M per year – way overpaid given his record.
- £13M – Jose Mourinho (Manchester United)
- £13M – Pep Guardiola (Manchester City)
- £9M – Antonio Conte (Chelsea)
- £8M – Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
- £7M – Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)
- £6M – Ronald Koeman (Everton)
- £5.5M – Mauricio Pochettino (Tottenham)
- £5M – Rafa Benitez (Newcastle United)
- £3M – Slaven Bilic (West Ham United)
- £3M Craig Shakespeare (Leicester City)