Rafa Has Important Message For His Players – And For Fans Too

Rafa Benitez is trying to keep his players concentrating on the game at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon.

After getting a good point on Sunday at Southampton,  we would do well to pick up all 3 points at home to Palace in front of a sellout crowd of over 52,000 at St. James’ Park

And it will be interesting see if Amanda Staveley will be at the game with news today she is willing to pay £300M for the club with £150M available over the next two years for player investment.

But Benitez must keep the players focused and keep picking up the points.

And then if we do have a new owner by the end of the year – who knows  – we could do very well indeed in the Premier League this season.

Rafa Benitez – concentrating on next game

This is what Rafa has said in the Chronicle today when asked about all the rumors surrounding a possible Newcastle sale:

“I try to concentrate on football.” “And I think that is the best way.” “People can talk about all of these things that are happening, but for us every training session is similar.”

“We don’t have any influence from the outside.” “When we approach each game we are thinking about football.”

“That is the main thing.” “The problem is you can’t control what is going on outside.”

“Especially now with social media – it is almost impossible.” “It is almost impossible to stop players from tweeting or people talking about anything.”

“Even when people create their own stories, you can’t stop that (Rafa – honestly – I’m innocent!) .”

“So we have to be sure that your team and that the people who are working with you understand the only way to be successful is to concentrate on your football.”

“That’s what we are trying to do.”

That’s a great message from the gaffer.

Rafa’s as good as any manager in keeping his players’ feet firmly on the ground and just concentrating on the next game.

We’ll be disappointed if we cannot pick up all 3 points against bottom of the table Crystal Palace on Saturday.

These are the games we must win.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:53 PM

Don’t listen to Ed Rafa, he’s as guilty as they come 🙂

• Jib

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM

I think the news is way behind the reality
    Getty now have new permissions for their NUFC foto stock
    Mikel Merino signed a 5 year contract last week
    I think a transfer of ownership of NUFC
    is at the dotting the “i’s” and crossing the “t’s” stage

• Mindshaft

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Will be a tough game on Saturday but very winnable – basically shut out Zaha and Townsend and they have very little.

Elliot needs to improve his kicking and maybe lose some weight , he looked slow as fek on Sunday

• martoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Veltman – From previous not quite sure what I’ve done to rattle your cage but creepy???
    Put these words in order ‘kettle black calling the Pot’ 😀

• Ron Knee

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:19 PM

“A Conservative MP who will miss a Commons vote on welfare policy on Wednesday night to officiate at a Champions League match is “doing a good job” in his role as both a parliamentarian and a referee, one of his colleagues has insisted.

“Douglas Ross, the Tory MP for Moray since June, will not take part in a debate and vote on universal credit because he will be running the line at the Camp Nou in Barcelona as the home side take on the Greek team Olympiakos.”

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Ibiza,
    I didn’t think I was being an arse, what difference does it make when he’s put it up for sale, maybe the land wasn’t available before, who knows. Why try and rubbish a story on speculation.

• hibbit

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM

could the land/development be being sold with all the necessary planing and development orders already in place ????

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:14 PM

hibbit,
    I’m not sure, all that student accommodation in Newcastle seems to be going up no bother.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Jail…Your last line sums it up for me. “Why try and rubbish a story on speculation”.

This is a good news story for those of us who desperately want rid of Ashley (even those who didn’t I presume, but for some it will carry some concern). The story you refer to is also just speculation (although granted, as time goes on, it does appear to tie in nicely). People are allowed to feel as they do and comment on it.

It doesn’t tie in with what you think, you don’t like Jesper, so instead of debating a point, you try to ridicule him. Being an arse.

I still don’t see where Jesper says it’s unlikely. Surely you don’t have an issue with people not trusting Ashleys intentions, which is the case I believe Jesper is making.

Don’t wish to fall out with you over it and would hope you’d pull me up on something if you felt that way.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:19 PM

hibbit…From my understanding, yes, that could be the case.

It could also be a slam dunk piece of land, with no real worries about obtaining permissions and any buyer has to buy it as is…first come, first serve, or to buy out an option before one expires.

There are endless scenarios, including some where he would need to move quickly.

• lesh

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:19 PM

Ron Knee

Can we assume that Ross’ll have Davis or Johnson available as fourth official to offer an honest and impartial opinion when required?

It’s good to know that our elected members are justifying the £80k a year salary they’re paid

• Ron Knee

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:21 PM

lesh

No Universal Credit for them!

• lesh

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Ron

And presumably Ross’ll be running the line on the right wing?

Or even the party line?

Aye ok, I’m off.

• lesh

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Ron

It’s disappointing that Ross and his ilk are prepared to hear and ignore stories of folk being thrown out of their homes while he’s pi$$ing about!

• Veltman

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:32 PM

It’s always chuckling to see when some fight on here at times ha ha..

martoon – you haven’t rattled my cage at all.My initial post was a compliment.Ignore them.They were trying to make me look like abusive…Mugs 😀

• Ibizatoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Veltman…Is Joe Kinnear giving compliment lessons?

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Lively on here……………

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM

Ibiza.
    I’m not trying to ridicule him, I made my point, I never accused him of posting nonsense either.

• Ron Knee

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM

“Manager Ronald Koeman says he has the “total support” of the Everton board, despite a poor start to the season.”

No need to worry then!

• beermonkey

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM

good evening gents
    do we have new owners yet

• Rotonda heights

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:48 PM

veltman

is asking martoon if he’s found a husband not a tad inflammatory. as for creepy, as someone said, coming from you very ironic.

• Bambams

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:58 PM

‘Twitter’ ( I know….) is stating that Stavely met with Newcastle officials on Tuesday and is looking to use the middle East to buy the club.

One Twitter (aptly named) has gone as far as stating he has heard ahem…. that the sale has been agreed.

I know it’s Twitter and there are some quotes from the FT and Chron but it’s still nice to read even if it’s made up….I am still smiling

• Ibizatoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Jail…I think you’re insulting my intelligence.

“Jesper,
    He’s trying to buy a company, not building a she’d!”

“Jesper,
    If it had of just presented itself six months ago would it not have just presented itself then or would it have had to presented itself six months before that as well?”

“Jesper,
    Like I said before, if he’d put it up for sale six months ago, would you not be asking why he never put it up for sale six months before that.”

For what it’s worth, he’s asking why the sudden urgency (not sure why we’re talking about 6 months, the announcement was just made and Christmas is about 2 months away), when typically property deals are in the pipeline longer, Jesper asks this as someone with some knowledge of property (being an architect) however, not UK based, so he was asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Anyway, I’ve said what I wanted to say, you don’t have to agree, I’ve no axe to grind or points to score.

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:03 PM

poo emoji

• Bambams

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:04 PM

There is a request in the Chron that fans are to take there black and white scarves on Saturday ‘ To make the stadium awash in black and white’…..

Just sayin

• Bambams

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:05 PM

There….Their

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:07 PM

23rd should be fun

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Ibiza,
    Nobody knows what’s happening. Sparky has been good enough to provide us with information we’d have had no chance of hearing otherwise.Jesper is scrutinizing the scenario, I’m commenting on it, why’s it upsetting you?

• GeordieTwo

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM

Some feisty goings on today on here lads. As for Amanda Panda, you may have to up your bid sweet lass!!! Huzzah!!

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM

Bambams

Got my scarf ready mate 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM

And there are new goings on. As Senior Official Club Journo I will always bring you lot the story first. Here is an exclusive interview:
    G2: “Amanda, it’s an honour to interview you for the first time. Can you tell us your thinking about the club?”
    Amanda Panda: “Ta G2, it’s great to be here. Well, I like the club very much. And you have a spicy meatball of a manager in Rafa. I may just up my bid because I’m very excited about the opportunity to work with him.”

• GeordieTwo

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:13 PM

I know what’s happening Jail mate. Don’t worry things are going well behind the scenes. Money is changing hands…. Oh, errm possibly I shouldn’t have mentioned that…..

• Bambams

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:14 PM

Shirebrook

I never doubted you mate…..

I must admit I haven’t seen a better sight than St James’ Park with the team winning, lights on and the scarves all over the stadium.

So I can see why groups want to showcase what our stadium is like when the Geordies are roaring !

It’s unique in my biased opinion

• GeordieTwo

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Jesper is doing a tremendous job working quietly to examine the situation from all sides. He brings the Danish view which is very out of the box. And then there’s Ibiza who is overwhelmed with grief that he is not back home at this crucial hour helping me with the whole situation vis a vis accurate news coverage. Harrumph….

• martoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Veltman I guess there is a backhanded compliment in there somewhere! For the record I’ve been married to my WIFE for 37 years – I’ve entered my third life sentence may be that explains my change of tone 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:18 PM

beer,
    It might be a bit special in there on Saturday, looking forward to that just a bit.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:18 PM

I believe you are scoring points by the way Ibiza mate. I have it at 16-13 in your favour over Jail, going into extra time….

• Veltman

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:20 PM

Ibiza – why don’t you send both of them packing to the south 😀

• GeordieTwo

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:21 PM

So how are things proceeding now as far as the old tax dodge business goes? Is Lee finished shredding and burning? I just hope he’s thorough. Mike hates nasty surprises at his court hearings……

• Ibizatoon

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Jail…Upset is probably putting it strongly, I thought you were being an arse, so said so. I’m now responding to you.

Of course no one knows what’s happening. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Has Jesper claimed to know what is or said that what Sparky has said is untrue (I’ll save you the effort, he hasn’t, in fact, quite the opposite).

Are you worried that Jesper asking questions will stop Sparky giving us info? If not, again, I don’t understand what purpose your comment has.

Read back what I’ve said Jail, it’s that you’re not commenting, you’re being an arse. If I had said the same thing as Jesper, you wouldn’t have responded to me the same way. At least I don’t think you would Jail, hence my post to you.

If you truly don’t believe you try and give Jesper a hard time (whether deserved or not is another discussion) then we might as well just stop right now.

1 2 3 5