Newcastle Keeping Tabs On Impressive Young French Striker

The Sun is reporting today that Newcastle are interested in FC Martigues’ 19-year-old striker, Nordine Ibouroi, according to the Sun.

He is one of the players Newcastle scouts are watching, and he’s currently playing in the fourth-tier in France.

Stoke, Saint Etienne, and Cologne are also interested in the player according to the Sun.

Other clubs are said to be getting interested in the player because of his excellent performances so far this season.

Nordine Ibouroi – FC Martigues’s 19-year-old striker

If Newcastle do sign the teenager, he would become one for the future and coached by Rafa and his team and hopefully become a first team player at the club.

That’s the hope.

There are basically two types of players Rafa is after – those that go directly into the first team squad and the younger players who usually join Peter Beardsley’s Development squad.

It will be interesting to see how many younger player we sign for Peter’s squad in January.

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Repost
    Yorkymag from previous

I may be missing the the point, but the main issue with this deadline malarkey, and before I go on I am not suggesting that I am a business know it all, because I am certainly far from that, but I believe it’s nonsense purely due to the fact that Ashley is a billionaire, as of cash sitting in the bank ready to spend he admits that he doesn’t have that much, his wealth are his assets, but even so a short term loan or a bridging loan i would expect to be easy for him to get, let’s face it any lender would feel safe about getting their cash back, so this idea that this supposed deal would fall flat without a quick sale of our club doesn’t wash with me.

So I am really missing the point.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Smiley poo emoji!

• Veltman

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Watched the Southampton replay again.
    Thought Shelvey had a great game.
    Always present in the middle, passing and distributing the ball like a proper midfielder.First time saw him touching the ball numerous times in a single game.
    Apart from his Gung hoo and being a mug at times, he is an important an player.Let’s hope that form getting consistent throughout.

• one fine day

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Be even more interesting to see if mr beardo is still in a job in January if we do have a new owner .
    Great player but it ended there for me sadly and polishing el gordos hoop on a regular basis just turns my stomach to be honest .

• Tsunki

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:58 AM

Spoof it depends on how credit worthy Ashley is ATM if he’s extending personal loans himself to NUFC and his assets are wallpapered to SD and other stock then a “bridging loan” may not be an option, or if it is, not a very good one financially as he may not want to pay a chunk of fees to a lender for the privilege.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:58 AM

ofd,
    Accusing Alan Pardew of being a great manager after he broke the record losing streak for the third time put me off him. What a shame, absolutely loved him as a player everywhere he went.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Would he not get mates rates at w@nga?

• toontaff2

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:04 AM

I must have had to much caffeine! Slow doon!
    Nearly read that Jail loved Alan Pardew, as a player 😮

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Tsunki

As I said, I’m no business genius, but I would imagine any bank would jump at the chance of offering a bridging loan to a billionaire, surely they would perceive it as being easy money, if a billionaire with all his assets to put as a guarantor can’t get a loan then what chance do we have.

If he wants or needs that cash he will get it, whether that’s through selling us or not, and in all honesty I think most of us would know that.

I’m not saying that sparky is wrong in as much as he needs the cash by a certain date, I’m not saying he is right either, but I do not believe that it can nor will affect the selling of the club.

For me Ashley has stated that he wants a quick sale, he has possibly 5 who have signed a non disclosure, I feel that he is trying to whip up a quick fire auction so he can get as much as he can, and as yet I have not came across anything concrete to suggest otherwise.

• wynsleap

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Just read your Health Update Ed. Sounds like some positive news. Keep your chin up and keep fighting which I know you’ll do as ever.
    Here’s hoping you’re going to get a further morale boost around Christmas with Amanda visiting us as Father Christmas laden with gifts.Hopefully happy times for us all.

• martoon

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:22 AM

one fine day @4 – His cause will not be helped by the fact I think his team have lost all their games this season. Like most say great player, great bloke but not so sure about his management/coaching ability?

• Tsunki

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM

Spoof it’s not whether he could get it but whether it would be economically viable, plus a sale kills two birds so to speak

• one fine day

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Jail ,
    Same
    The player I most wanted to be even in his first spell prior Liverpool .
    Hard to have any respect for him these days .
    Surely with new owners everything will change and mediocracy will no longer be the norm.
    Here’s hoping anyway .

• hibbit

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM

everyone has the right to be cautious / apprehensive when Ashley’s involved

but its him that wants out , what ever reason he’s selling and soon

• hibbit

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:44 AM

what ever the reason he’s selling and soon

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Tsunki

You could make the same point about deferred payments, having all the cash at once would enable a one off payment for this alleged land that he wants, however he is prepared to miss that opportunity if necessary, serious this must sell by a certain date malarkey makes no sense to me, if he is so desperate for cash up front then why offer a deferred payment.

Now I can guess what your reply will be, the first instalment will cover the land price, we don’t know that, we have no idea what any deal will be, sorry but there are far too many possibilities with no facts to suggest selling us and buying some land are linked, sorry but I cannot accept that selling us could be put in jeopardy due to Ashley being desperate for the cash by a certain time.

• one fine day

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:54 AM

Martoon @11
    yeah worrying that our future crop are in his hands .
    Have to say was suprised Rafa kept in on when surely he must have had better people wanting the role .

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Sparky’s third party could benefit if Ashley doesn’t purchase the land, so how does this party know that Ashley has to sell the club to finance the deal, obviously this third party is a business rival so Ashley is hardly going to inform his rivals of his financial standing is he.

I am not doubting sparky as for me he does come across as being genuine, but, and I apologize to sparky for this, but this third party friend of his is talking utter nonsense, their is more chance of having a snow storm in hell than what their is of Ashley telling his business rivals what his financial state is.

Hopefully we can now put this to bed and move on.

• posada

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:13 AM

If we get big hitter owners to go with our support it would be great.
    These pundits and Sky TV would have to change their outlook of NUFC.
    For years we have been the crazy club from the North that never achieves it’s potential.

Football for them is about the London clubs and those major clubs in the North West.
    If we threatened their cartel they would hate it.

• hibbit

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:23 AM

people are getting caught up in Sparkey’s information the lads put it up in good faith from information he has at hand he doesn’t deserve this forensic scrutiny you either believe him or you don’t
    i’m sure a lot of us are very interest in the little snippets he posts

• sparky55

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Spoof

What makes you think Ashley has told anyone what his financial position is?…I never said that and why the fcuk would he? Don’t look at the land deal in isolation…there is more than the land deal at stake here and it doesn’t matter if you’re the wealthiest man on the planet or a small fry billionaire like Ashley, banks will only give you a LTV loan of 50% max, so if he’s looking to buy land costing a quid, he’ll have to stump up 50p in cash or put a guarantee against his share portfolio or stump up a PG…so it all depends on how big the deal is.

When it comes to funding the other things he’s doing at the same time as this land deal, if he’s borrowing money against his existing assets to buy what he wants to buy, most banks will only value his share holding at 30% of it’s value today…because shares go down as well as up.

I guess what I’m saying is, no matter how wealthy you are if you want to buy something nowadays, you have to have skin in the game and that skin in the game now has to be in the form of cash or a guarantee on your shares or a PG against everything you own…so he obviously can’t do all he wants to do without raising some additional cash which is why he’s selling the club

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:51 AM

The time is right for him to sling his hook, a little glance down the road should tell him what will happen when we’re relegated again and is he prepared to keep “lending” us 50M which he’s got no chance of getting back. He’ll never get a higher price than now unless he’s willing to back Rafa and the last two windows showed he’s clearly not.

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:53 AM

Sparky

As I’ve already mentioned, it’s not yourself I doubt, as hibbitt has just said you were given some info and shared it in good faith, it’s not you it’s this third party who I doubt.

I’ve just read your post no.21 and as well worded as it is it is all speculation and as you rightly say why would Ashley tell anyone of his financial status, he wouldn’t, so how can you or more to the point anyone assume that Ashley has got to sell before December 15th to fund this alleged land deal, you said it yourself he is unlikely to tell anyone about his status yet you then give reasons why he is selling, suggesting, that it is too subsidise other deals, in all honesty I do agree with you in as much as that he is selling to fund other deals, if not then why would he sell, and yes it may well bve for this alleged land dealbut to suggest their is a sell by date is unfounded speculation

• toontaff2

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Small fry billionaire 😆
    I wonder where that puts me in the food chain! Paedocypris progenetica, according to google!

• AncientC

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Just been trying to catch up on the blog, but heck, there has been a lot of contributions over the last 2/3 days. Good to see the blog back to a healthy state again. It seems to be as I guessed, there truly was a lack of interesting subject material that people were becoming bored of rehashing. Lack of anything notable happening plus international breaks = the plague for blogs. Good to see Bobbybee back, if that is him using the Christopher Asprilla name, excuse me if I have that one wrong. The more opinions the better.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:55 AM

hibbit,
    It’s not like sparky is some fly by night poster either. Unlike that mikeasleyisamackem who appears every transfer window with absolute bollix. This story tied in very nicely a few days before the announcement was made, maybe Mikey reads the blog and seen that Sparky had let the cat out of the bag forcing the announcement 😀

• Rob1971

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM

Spoof what difference does it make about the date? simple fact is Sparky mentioned that Ashley was going to sell the club way before the clubs official statement came out, he was right about that, that’s the only thing that matters that Ashley is wanting to leave, the reasons for him doing it, who cares, he is going.

• Reilly

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:00 PM

the land deal and the selling of the club will be seperate deals.
    the timing makes them look connected.

• AncientC

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM

If Staveley does buy the club, I wonder if we will hear the usual excuses in the transfer window. Best to keep the powder dry because you can get better deal in Summer or Winter (pick whichever one is further away for greater effect), or, Staveley is only acting like the club has no money to get a better deal on players… only for the final days of the transfer window to turn out to be a disappointment.

I would absolutely love it if we won the FA cup with Staveley—Ashley then being forced to pay that £20 million he promised the players.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Spoof
    sparky’s information makes perfect sense in the scheme of things and fits with the information released by Ashley’s lawyer. I understand you expressed your doubts based the idea of why not get a loan, which is a reasonable thing to suggest. But (and I’m also a very amateur accountant) loans need to be repayed and deposits are often needed. A bank could lend me the money to buy a house, but if I can’t afford the repayments with my ‘free’ income then I’m going to have to sell things or default. Obviously you are welcome to your own view and to express it on here, and it is apprerciated (can you feel a BUT coming), but I would just like to express my appreciation to sparky for the information. It made complete sense to me and gave me confidence that the sale was going ahead.
    Sometimes people put info on here that they have heard and get hounded to the point they feel they will not do it again. This is a shame, in my view, as I enjoy reading the ‘insider info’. Mostly I am refering to all our transfer window ITKs, used to enjoy reading those posts, regardless of accuracy. Now we don’t really get them, as they get dogs abuse for sharing what they hear.
    I say this in the hope that we can be aware of how we respond to ITK info, and not get into any abusive exchanges. Spoof, let me make it clear I do not think this is the case here; there is just a discussion going on.

• Jib

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:07 PM

Not to rubbish Sparky’s input
    BUT
    this is Ahley’s activity this year so far:-

January
    American sportswear chain The Finish Line Inc disclosed that Sports Direct had bought a 7.9% stake in its business.
    march
    Agent Provocateur, the high-end lingerie chain popular with celebrities, entered administration on Thursday and was immediately snapped up by Mike Ashley , owner of discount retailer Sports Direct.for a rumoured £27.5 million
    april
    Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct has seized control of US retailers Bob’s Stores and Eastern Mountain Sports in a $101m (£78m) debt deal.
    The billionaire tycoon has acquired the chains by buying up the debts of their parent firm Eastern Outfitters, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in February.
    july
    Mike Ashley, has added a near 26% stake in the struggling video games retailer Game Digital to his string of high street investments.
    Game Digital said Sports Direct, controlled by the billionaire, had acquired 44m shares, amounting to a 25.75% stake.

He is clearly high street , online and USA focussed

Not surprising he can’t be arsed with us any longer

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Rob1971

What sparky brought to the blog was getting cast as being a date for a sale which could be read as sell by that date or their may be no sale at all, that was for me wrong, all I’ve none is to doubt the accuracy and the origins of this info, now I do believe that sparky was given info, but I do not believe the importance of the info, read Reilly at 28, that’s my view as well and I’m convinced that people have added two and two together and came up with five, if you or anyone believes that a sale could be in jeopardy if not concluded by 15th December then fine, but I don’t.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Spoof
    It was Ashley’s lawyer who released a statement (after sparky) which said the club was up for sale until christmas. After christmas the club was not for sale at any price. I read it in an article on hear, if you want to check.

• Wayayman

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:18 PM

Spoof (and Sparky55)

This info from Sparky was a while before anything materialised in the press and Sparky has never come across as a wum or someone who needs an ego boost so I’ve taken it at face value. Seems to be playing out.
    Re the finances for the London property deal (I live down there) and i think that any property deal in London that Ashley has his chubby sausage-fingers in will be worth an absolute fortune. It’s entirely possible (and probable) that this particular deal is costing hundreds and hundreds of millions so it does make sense that even Ashley needs to sell to free up capital, not least when he himself said his wealth is all tied up in assets. Could be that he needs an extra £300 million on top of what he’s already raised. Especially in a city where a 2 bed flat costs half a million quid.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:18 PM

here

• NUFCadon

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Seen on Twitter apparently a £300m formal offer has been put in from the Staveley Party. No idea if there is any truth in it

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Some negative characters on here. He’s selling and it’s gonna happen soon!

All we can do in the mean time is get behind the lads on Saturday as it’s gonna be one hell of an atmosphere.

Good times are coming!

• Wayayman

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Also Spoof, if a deal has been agreed (the property one I mean) then it’s not unlikely that the seller has put a time limit on when the buyer has to come up with the cash by. That’s not unusual at all in business.

There’s quite a lot of massive property deals doing the rounds down here at the minute.