Newcastle Winger – We’re Confident – We’ll Keep Fighting And Attack Teams

Newcastle have got a decent 11 points from their first 8 games of the season with 3 wins and 2 draws, but it was a pity we suffered two defensive lapses at Southampton last Sunday to only draw 2-2.

It’s a game we should have won and in the end, could have lost.

But that’s water under the Tyne Bridge now and next up on Saturday are bottom of the league Crustal Palace.

Palace got their first goals and points of the season against Chelsea last Saturday in the 2-1 win.

And they played a lot better than in previous games – so it will be a good test for the Magpies.

Christian Atsu – we’ll fight and attack teams

Christian Atsu had a good game down south as he kept running at the Saints defense and with his skill caused them trouble.

This is what the 25-year-old Ghanaian winger has said today as reported in the Chronicle:

“I think we deserved to win. It was unlucky that we drew 2-2. Now we are focused on the next game. It was difficult.”

“We knew they would have more possession, but we wanted to hit them on the counter. Two times we got them, and scored two goals.”

“It showed that we were a threat to them throughout the game.”

“It happens in football. It was unfortunate that they scored late, but this is football and need to forget and focus on the next game.”

“We will keep fighting and try to attack teams. We have Crystal Palace at home in front of our fans. We’re confident.”

“I’m very happy playing for Newcastle. I want to improve each and every game. I want to score and to assist more.”

“I know my level, so I need to keep working hard and try to help the team.”

Atsu has been in good form since his permanent move from Chelsea last summer, after spending a season on loan with us last season in the Championship.

He has managed to become a starter this season and at his best is very good but sometimes is too easily pushed off the ball.

Something that Rafa and Christian will no doubt be working on in training.

A win on Saturday against Crystal Palace is what we need.

Nothing less.

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:18 AM

I’m not a fan of Atsu, he is quick but for me his end product is generally poor, I would much rather his place go to either Murphy or preferably Arrons, but it does appear as if Atsu is one of Rafa’s favourites so he will probably continue to get the nod.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:19 AM

George Caulkin now reporting Steveley HAS sighed an NDA – and she is now frontrunning for a speedy acquisition.

If so it sounds like she has her mind set and this could be something! Let’s hope Ashley doesn’t screw it up with his greedy over – valuation. 305 million is likely the best offer he is going to get within his own set timeframe to sell.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:23 AM

GPLF
    Aye, hopefully he knows this and the higher valuation was just set as a bargaining chip.

• sparky55

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:29 AM

SPOOF

For the avoidance of doubt I informed everyone on the blog 4 days before the public announcement that Ashley wanted to sell before xmas and the reasons why.

I didn’t make up the date of the 15th Dec after the announcement to suit the announcement…it was 4 days before the public announcement because I was privy to some information because of relationship I have with a third party that will benefit if Ashley doesn’t complete that particular land deal by that date.

You don’t make up stuff like that because there’s quite a few people on here would take the p!ss for the rest of my days if it was proved to be bollox.

I know what I know and I shared it with the blog

Hibbit knows what he knows and he shared it

Take it for what it is and enjoy the ride because change is just round the corner

• hibbit

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:30 AM

keep the faith lads Ahsley’s defiantly going

• martoon

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM

I’ve asked this a couple of times but nobody has ever answered – do you think any sale price would include the repayment of Ashley’s loan?

• sparky55

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:58 AM

Martoon

I’m sure to a large extent it will but Ashley is the shrewdest of negotiators and he knows his walk away figure and has told the world it’s up for sale and offered terms because he wants as many bidders in the hat as he can get to give him more chance of getting what he wants.

He’s spinning quite a few plates here…there’s more than the club sale and the land deal I know about at stake here and everyone will know what plates he was spinning soon after because no doubt there will be a raft of announcements made soon after the completion of the NUFC sale

I’d look out for…

Bigger stakes in the big retail chains
    Buying back SD and delisting it.
    Property deals
    Larger stakes in sports manufacturers like Adidas and Puma.

• martoon

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:07 AM

Cheers sparky55 – I remember when you first told the blog about your mate’s land deal and Ashley. As Jail says if the sale goes through it has to be one of best ITK information ever seen on this blog!

• Spoof

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Sparky

I asked where this date came from and I received only one answer so I responded to the answer given, if you have a different answer then fine I’ll respond to the answer given, however if the answer given is heresy then without being disrespectful I will reserve my opinion on it.

By the way, I would never ridicule you if it was proved to be wrong, I always move from subject to subject and leave the past in the past, but I do know where your coming from with that thought.

In all all honesty I have my doubts, but heyho that’s how it is at times.