Rafa Benitez – The Potential At Newcastle Is Massive

Rafa Benitez has just given his press conference for the game tomorrow at home to Crystal Palace and as we expected Rafa is merely concentrating on the football and has his players only thinking of picking up all 3 points against Crystal Palace.

That game will be a lot harder now with Palace having played so well last week in beating Chelsea 2-1 and deservedly too.

But we really hope we can win this game – if only so that pundit Paul Merson is not correct in his 1-1 prediction for this game.

These are the games we should be winning against lower level opposition at home if we want to finish in the top half of the Premier League in May.

Rafa Benitez at his press conference

This is some of what Rafa has said today:

“We talk about football. I know the history and opinions. Let’s be sure we prepare set pieces, tactics, what we can do in the game.”

“My position is simple. I am the manager and I concentrate on football. I have to be sure my players think about three points.”

“We have a good team with young players and they are improving. I am positive in terms of what we can achieve.”

“The fans, the club, the potential is massive. If we do well on the pitch, everything is easier.”

“Palace have played some good football. They did really well against Chelsea so they will have confidence, but no game is easy.”

“Crystal Palace create chances and have been unlucky with results. It will be a difficult game – we have to try to put pressure on them.”

A vast majority of fans – 4 out of 5 – think we can win this game tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 pm.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Crystal Palace?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Hope so and then we should be well positioned in the league table.

Here’s where we are the moment.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
9Brighton12016
10Huddersfield12-915
11Newcastle12-314
12Leicester12-213
13Bournemouth12-313

Howay The Lads!!

Comments welcome

• Ron Knee

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:55 PM

“Dwight Gayle unavailable due to calf injury. Haidara back in training. #nufc”

• AncientC

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:01 PM

Personally glad to hear Gayle is out. Give me a raring to go Mitrovic over a crestfallen Gayle any day.

• bettyswallocks

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Hibbit……..I really think Ashley has got it in his mind to retain the advertising for SD and will be strongly looking for a buyer that will accommodate his agenda. I hope I’m wrong as it would be great to be rid of the tacky hoardings once and for all.

Ibiza……. I agree with you that Ashley’s policy of spending the bare minimum and using the club to advertise his main business has been transparent for a long while now. I didn’t put a date on when we became aware of it. I was just trying to make the point that it would be such an anticlimax if he doesn’t now sell that the backlash would be immense.

• Mister Tuff

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Could be quite amusing if Staveley doesn’t turn up for the match tomorrow.
    All sorts of inferences will be suggested.

• davetoon

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM

I’m glad palace beat Chelsea. Now people expect them to beat us so we won’t be taking them lightly. Think we will win 3-1.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Shoulders…I think all toon fans would agree on that point.

Betty…Fair enough on the timescale point. I was possibly being a little cheeky. Still not sure I agree with you about a potential backlash, too many don’t feel they should or can do anything and I don’t see how this situation would change that viewpoint.

Anyway, back to positive thoughts, he will be gone, he will be gone, he will…be…gone.

• davetoon

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:11 PM

As for selling the club. Won’t believe it til its done. Until then its just a puff of smoke from the chronicles ahole.

• Ron Knee

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:22 PM

“Benitez, though, did say he had approached his managing director for an update but to no avail.

“He went on: “I spoke to Lee Charnley (about the takeover) and he told me he had no news on that.”

Charmless in the loop as usual!

• RUNAWAY777

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:25 PM

Hibbit i did get my heads up display unit by excelvan have a quick look someone put video on youtub, tomorrow the toon to win 3..0 and 4..0 should get a decent price as iam down on results so need a decent win.

• bettyswallocks

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Mister Tuff……. I hope you’re not suggesting that the inferences should Amanda not turn up , will in any way shape or form be derogatory or offensive . You of all people should know better than to incite inappropriate behaviour.

• loonie-toon

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:08 PM

Speaking of merson
    Former Arsenal man and England international Paul Merson played 65 minutes for Welsh League football club Caerau FC on Wednesday night.
    Lol