Additional funds will be available for Rafa Benitez in January if Newcastle are sold by then.
But nothing much will change for Newcastle in the transfer window other than we should (will) have the cash available for our first choices in each of the positions the manager wants to strengthen.
The Chronicle are reporting Rafa held a meeting on transfers with his coaching staff on Thursday last week.
Various targets were discussed during the meeting, and it appears that an attacking-midfielder, a striker, and left full-back are the positions Benitez want to strengthen at the beginning of next year.
Cenk Tosun – striker target?
This is what Rafa said when asked what his plans would be in January if we have a new owner by then – as reported in the Chronicle:
“First of all, you have to look for the best players in the market.”
“Afterwards you think of the second, third and fourth options – but not because you have a new owner or not.”
“You have to take into consideration a player might not want to sell or a club may not want to sell.” “We are working on different names and different levels.”
“It is too early but we have been working hard. We will have the targets identified.”
“I was talking with Lee this morning, and anyway I was telling him I don’t need to know all the details because it won’t change anything for me on a daily basis.”
“The exact date I found out the club was for sale I don’t know, but it doesn’t change anything.”
“They told me they would announce something but it’s not a big issue.”
Rafa’s transfer plans all seem to be in place for January – whatever happens by then.