Rafa Could Shock Us With These Two Signings In January

It’s starting to look like Rafa Benitez does not have the confidence in two of the strikers he has at the club at the moment – Alexandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle.

Rafa will continue to strengthen the side in the following transfer windows, and he already says he has his targets identified and the scouts are watching them regularly.

A weakness at Newcastle is still that we don’t  convert enough of our chances – otherwise this season we would be even higher up the league table than the 7th place we hold at the moment.

Rafa will target at least one striker in the January transfer window with German-born 26-year-old Galatasaray striker Cenk Tosun said to be the number one target.

He will cost up to £17M, and Bundesliga club Wolfsburg have already reportedly put in a bid of £9M for the Turkish International striker.

Danny Ings – 25-year-old Liverpool striker

But Rafa could also bring in another striker in January, and it appears he is keen to sign Liverpool striker Danny Ings on loan and he has been a long target of Newcastle.

Danny hasn’t played much at all since he signed on at Liverpool over three years ago and has but 12 appearances with 3 goals.

If Rafa can persuade the striker to come to Newcastle for half a season in January, we could have both Tosun and Ings at the club.

In that case one of either Dwight Gayle or Aleksandar Mitrovic will likely be sold, and we think both strikers will attract interest if they are made available.

What do you think?

• dannitoon

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:41 AM

Rafa will not bring a player who has been injured for 2 seasons to nufc… definitely not on loan so he can regain fitness…

• RonVanDam

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:41 AM

Anyone think Tyrone Mings of Bournemouth and Lascelles would make a good CB pairing?

• corkypants

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM

RonVanDam I thought mings was a left back but yeah I like him he’s a good player

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:52 AM

I’d be more than happy to see Lascelles and Lejuene grow in to a steady pairing. Shame about Clarke but what a great option if he’s prepared to wait for his chance.

• corkypants

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Also Steve Cooke and Ben Mee are both cracking defenders.

Steve Cooke last season had the most headed clearances in the prem and most blocks

Ben Mee had second most headed clearances most interceptions and best pass completion for a defender

According to sky anyway

• corkypants

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM

I agree Jail Lascelles & Lejeune could be immense

• cyprus

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Jail
    I’m jumping to the conclusion that you are undermining me!

That could be right or wrong, and that’s why one shouldn’t jump to conclusions. The brain is always looking for short cuts…

Now, to your point. Why the hell would I want the lad to fail!? To prove a point? What point? Same goes for the manager. I don’t deify him, but then again I don’t do that for anyone (well, ok, HBA… Kidding).

I want my team to succeed, above all, whether MA, Amanda or anyone else owns it. Or Rafa manages it. And definitely I want all players to shine!

Come on man.

• cyprus

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:04 AM

So, you might ask, what was my point?

Here it is:

Play Mitrovic and Murphy.

Whether this is a good or bad suggestion is definitely up for discussion.

But willing someone to fail to prove a point, no. I might suggest that that is not the case for you.

• yorkymag

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:34 AM

I think these rumours are rather pointless
    Should the takeover go thru ,which I Believe it will,
    We are going to be shopping at a different level to these two .
    I think ,and others will not agree ,but I think we can look forward to our first £30 million player in the January window
    Who now there’s a question Daniel S could be one or even Marcus rashford
    I have no idea but this is the type of player we can expect

• wynsleap

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:58 AM

yorkymag – Marcus Rashford?
    Careful lad, the media police will start to call us deluded again.

• padthemag

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:03 AM

Marcus rashford for £30m lol ?