Rafa Benitez held another upbeat press conference yesterday when he talked about the game at Burnley on Monday night and how his players and the team can still improve.
There was some news yesterday that Amanda Staveley had tried to buy Liverpool for £1.5B, but the Fenway Sports Group owners turned it down last month and then the story was rubbished by the Liverpool Chairman yesterday.
Maybe the bid was only for £1B?
Rafa also said yesterday he was committed to Newcastle United and wasn’t interested in the Everton job vacancy.
Rafa Benitez – happy at Newcastle
Dutchman Ronald Koeman was sacked on Monday with Everton now in 3rd bottom place in the league table with just 8 points from their first 9 games.
This is some of what Rafa said yesterday as reported in the Chronicle about the Toffees job and about staying at Newcastle:
“I read in the press and heard people talking, but I am happy here. I am concentrating on this, I don’t like to talk about rumors,”
“The reality, obviously, is that my family is in Liverpool, but my past was Liverpool.”
“Everton is a great club. I’m not saying I’m interested, I’m saying I’m happy here and want to concentrate on Newcastle and try to do my best here.”
“No, nothing to say about the takeover. I said before that we are not talking too much about that and I think some players have said the same.”
“We are not talking about that, we are just concentrating on trying to prepare for the games.”
Things seem to be moving ahead with the takeover and Staveley is backed by money both from the Gulf and from Chinese investment.
Next up for Newcastle are Burnley away on Monday night and hopefully, we can win that game.
Howay The Lads!!