Newcastle Fans Have Their Say On Tonight’s Burnley Game

If Newcastle can get all 3 points tonight, then we will go above Liverpool in the league table with 17 points from our first 10 games.

And that average – if maintained – could see us end up with 65 points for the season – that would be amazing.

And fans seem fairly confident we can get the win at Turf Moor with more than half thinking we can come back with all 3 points.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

It will be a tough game, but if our lads are resilient and can wear down a good Burley side we can get the win – but a draw in this game would also be a decent enough result.

Mikel Merino – can he score again?

Here are some typical comments from Newcastle fans on the game tonight.

Here’s the man who can get us the win tonight.

• Jib

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:17 PM

Shay Given is at a talk-in at nine bar
    Thursday evening hosted by fatty Lowe
    Maybe some inside info divulged
    Seamus still has contacts within the club

• jamesnufc86

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:19 PM

Would LOVE to see this

Elliot

Yedlin Lejeune Lascelles Mbemba

Hayden Shelvey

Ritchie Merino Atsu

Mitrovic

• Optimistic Panda

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:30 PM

I heard Bladeuser is Rafa, that’s why he hardly posts now,, to busy

• Munster Mag

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:32 PM

Wud like rafa to give mitro a chance. He has more mobility than we think and Joselu is a poor finisher. We might need him defensively too. Burnley claim to be one of the fittest teams in the prem so it will be a good measure of our fitness too. Jail you’ll be glad to see that rafa is supporting Perez, as I have done on here in the past week or two. 🙂

• Optimistic Panda

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:37 PM

Munster

Rafas hardly likely to say he’s 5hite but all I’ve got

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me if Diame and Mitrovic get back in tonight can add some physical presence in the middle! Will be an interesting battle tonight !

• jayphoto

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:01 PM

interesting game tonight, really similarly matched sides.. I think our defence edges theirs but not by much but we’re very similar in regards to both probably having a few players that aren’t quite good enough but grinding out results through preparation, organisation and tactics, neither being used to having much of the ball either.
    I don’t see it being a draw, or a classic, be a 1-0 either way I think..

• Munster Mag

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I think rafa likes him panda and with good reason. I was saying a long time ago that Perez closes down very cleverly, running smart angles and causes players to think twice about their pass because of this ability. He likes his teams to defend from the front and Perez does that. What he makes of Joselu is anyone’s guess. I wud like to see mitro given more chances but he can’t be doing enough in training or something. I’d be surprised if we win tonight but hoping for best. Am predicting Clarke and mitro to feature from start, with rafa to surprise us, with merino still on bench. Wud love to see shelvey and the Spanish Rolls Royce paired together. Atsu could do with a better game tonight so let’s hope for best.

• jayphoto

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:06 PM

interesting to see which striker makes the bench, I think Joselu is nailed on to start..can’t see either gayle or mitro happy to miss the 18..
    Also wonder if Jakob Murphy will start.. Rafa started him away to Swansea and this is a similar game, Atsu wasn’t particularly great against Palace. Important to remember that whilst we won, there was a lot of poor performances against palace, Perez, Atsu especially ineffective

• jayphoto

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:11 PM

@Munstermag – I think the huge thing for Rafa is trust. Trusting players to play to the tactics etc, remember Mbemba apparently ignoring tactics last year and he didn’t play for months.. I think Joselu is similar to Mista who rafa had at Valencia, didn’t score many, worked hard off the ball and linked up well and I think Rafa trusts him to stick to the brief. Mitro for me the far better player, but theres no way hes earnt any trust, continuously does stupid things..Gayle , tbh I don’t think rafa rates him at this level, talk back in march that the club had told his agent they were open to him moving on and tbf hes been pointless so far when hes come on…

• martoon

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:24 PM

I like Joselu – good work rate and gets quite a few ‘flick-ons’. However saying all that I would like to see Mitro start – I just think he would work the Burnley defence a lot harder and Perez works well with him. However knowing Rafa it will probably be Joselu starting with Gayle on the bench and Mitro nowhere!

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM

It’s obvious, ketsbaia is Rafa Benitez on this blog. Thank me later 😉

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM

I like a few on here want to see mitro starting today but don’t see him doing so. If gayle is injury free then I see him being picked ahead of mitro on the bench. Tough game tonight either way, a draw would be a good result but saying that, their home form hasn’t been great compared to their away form.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:32 PM

This is our derby too if I’m correct. Nothing like getting one over our neighbours!

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:35 PM

New training implemented at the ground today.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:37 PM

What’s going on? Everyone has ran off from the blog.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:37 PM

#justiceforcolback

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:38 PM

#returnofthejack

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM

All in favour of petitioning the return of jack colback aka ginger pirlo, remain silent.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM

What’s the record for consecutive posts?

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:42 PM

I don’t know what it is but I reckon I’m going to smash it Jeff stelling style.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Not Jeff stelling lol, Richard keys!

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM

This must be a record? Might rename myself blog king. You peons can just call me king.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM

I hear that when you’re king you can do whatever you want. I’ll be having all your lunches if it’s better than mine.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:49 PM

This is post 14 ;););););)

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:50 PM

😉 😉 😉

• hibbit

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:50 PM

ronaldo aarons i believe is 13

• Munster Mag

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Stuff u Ronaldo!

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Not any more hibbit…not anymore!

• Munster Mag

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:53 PM

Bank hol here, just getting the halloween decorations out ?

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Think tonight we will get a big game from atsu.

• Munster Mag

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:57 PM

Jay, interesting points there, you always have an interesting take. Totally agree ré trust. When u see mitro playing for Serbia, rafa looks incorrect but in fairness, they play and set up differently to us. Wud love Joselu to get a decent goal though, a bullet header maybe 🙂

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:04 PM

Other than the past 2 matches where he has been poor, I don’t think Joselu has been that bad. He just looks short of confidence and has been increasingly getting worse since the Stoke game. Think it would do him some good to be taken from the starting 11.

In a way this match could be a similar game to an away match in the championship, small, tight stadium with good atmosphere against a team that works so hard all over the pitch and can be very effective it certain situations. The defend much better that championship teams though. I’m a big fan of dyche as a manager.

• JackBall

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Ronaldo,

Fun video. Funniest part may have been when Clark went down, but perhaps lucky he didn’t get hurt.

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:17 PM

I remember Pardew used to criticise the Scottish league, funny how things change and he’s looking to get a job up there.

Jack
    Yeah it’s interesting to see training vids and how they get on, spirit seems good. We could see a few unintentional reflexes by players to catch the ball tonight mind!

• Mindshaft

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:23 PM

I too would give merhino number 10 with maybe Gayle up front tonight , we are going to need a killer pass tonight and someone to run behind defence , Perez , Joselu nor mitro are that person

• JackBall

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:26 PM

I was thinking the same thing. May be an extra handball or two.

• Tsunki

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Hate to burst any aspiring record-breakers bubbles but I’m sure those terribly fine folks at guineas can confirm that i once did something like a 21 post stint some time back I think, dark days indeed and I’m not proud of it but there you are. Belfast will confirm it because he did his best to infer i cheated and it was null and void. 🙂

• Tsunki

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Wherever he is. Has Belfast unwittingly got on a boat by mistake or something?