Paul Merson Disappointed In Newcastle – Predicts Surprise Result For Saturday

Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson took Newcastle to win on Monday night at Burnley for the first time this season and we didn’t know whether to take that as good news or bad news at the time.

Newcastle did not play well in what was a poor game at Turf Moor and Paul has come out and said he was disappointed with Newcastle in that game.

He wasn’t the only one.

But the news is that Paul still takes us to win at home against Bournemouth on Saturday so that may be another red flag again for the Magpies?

Paul Merson – still predicts 2-1 win for Newcastle

This is what Merson has said about the game on Saturday:

“I was really disappointed with Newcastle on Monday night in their 1-0 loss at Burnley on if I’m being honest, the only plan they looked like having was Jonjo Shelvey.”

” It was a game you thought, ‘go and try and win here and kick on,’ but it did not look good to me.”

“Bournemouth got a good result at Stoke, but I am going to go 2-1 to Newcastle.”

Three in four Newcastle fans think we can win this game and it will, therefore, be a shock if we cannot get all 3 points from this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Bournemouth?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

But it will be very tough to beat a good and well organized Bournemouth side who played well in their 1-0 home defeat by Chelsea on Saturday.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Thanks Paul, kiss of doom again??

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:35 PM

I’ll come back when the bus stops.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:36 PM

JohnJ

And re Len White again, I did reply to your comment several stops ago.

But Don’t know if it was the same game, but I remember him hitting one into the net so hard it rebounded from the metal back post back into play that most of the ground didn’t realise that it was a goal, it did stand though.

• Toonces

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:42 PM

Previous thread… I don’t know what we would say that Ings would be certain to get goals for us. He can’t stay on the pitch. His injury record is atrocious. It is unfotrunate for him, not his fault, but his poor injury record means you can’t count on him.

Cenk Tosun would be a different story.. certainly seems to be in a different class than what we have now but he is unproven in the prem. I think it is a risk worth taking if we could get him but he is not a guaranteed lock to hit the ground running and may need time to bed in.

All said, we need goals, there aren’t a lot of options. I think that Mitro has some of the goals that we need. I’d sell Gayle, bring in Tosun. No to Ings, but only because of his injury record.

• Ron Knee

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Merson strikes again!

• Munster Mag

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:53 PM

Ed, that was a stupid click bait artcle a few back. Where does Rafa suggest he can play two up front. Also, his politicians answer was just that – a politicians answer. “Mitrovich is fine” . I appreciate he has to be careful but…..either way Rafa needs to wise up here and give the guy a chance because there is no way that Joselu can do as well as Mitro over, say, 10 games . I know Jail will wet himself that my comment looks “anti rafa” – its not – but spade a spade etc . That was a joke performance the other night. I know the man needs money spent and would love a proper striker but Mitro’s record warrants a chance, surely?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:06 PM

I’d rather bring AC back than sign Ings.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:07 PM

Let’s see if I’ve broke the blog again. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM

Munster,
    After Shelvey let us down he gave an interview saying he was bollocked and he apologised and promised to knuckle down. Before we start talking about wising up and poor management. How do we know that Mitro never told him eff off and there was nothing wrong with the challenge when Rafa tried to speak to him about it?

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:22 PM

??q? uo p??oq??? ? ?nq ? ???? ?s?? ??? s? s???

• ilovetoon8788

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:38 PM

We all want mitro not because we know he is world class or anything. But because joselu upfront is like playing with 10men. He offers nothing. Loses the ball, slow, poor passing and horrible decision making skills. It has been painful watching joselu.

Just give mitro a chance rdy. He can’t be any worse than joseloo.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:42 PM

Abrahams in the England squad. Commentators on Talk sport saying Chelsea were daft for letting him go out?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Len White story
    Billy Scrimshaw = sadly no longer with us was a apprentice at Newcastle when Len White was there.
    The apprentices were training with the seniors at St james’s when White burst the net with a 30-35 yarder – cheeky Billy walked past him ‘keeper must not be any good if you can score from there’
    When the session was finished Len white walked over to Billy with a net bag full of balls – right son come with me tipped the balls out 30-35 yards out then told Billy to get between the sticks.

Wham bam all/most of the ball’s flew past Billy into the net – Billy recalled he hit the balls so bloody hard he never saw them as they flew past him.

Len walked over to the goal with the net bag and right young man you can pick all the balls out the net and put them in the net bag.

• Munster Mag

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Jail this is getting a bit ridiculous. Of course we don’t know if there is an issue between them , so why do you have to bring this up as a defence ? Its like Rafa is your brother. Look I think he is a great boss and we are punching above our weight to have him, but I will criticise if I think it’s fair. We need to try something else and Rafa is notoriously stubborn and this may be preventing him playing a guy with more goals per game than the Joselu , rejected by Stoke. I don’t go with the ” Rafa favourites / Spaniards / own buys ” some people suggest may be the issue. Its just that I thought we were poor and Mitro could not have been worse.

• Average_Contents

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM

THats us screwed then….

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Len White
    153 goals 269 matches for NUFC
    We could do with him now

• Munster Mag

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Jail, at it again man. Yes Abrahams is doing well. Yes we would like him. Yes Rafa was right to go for him. Why don’t u just come out and say Rafa was so right for trying to get him. And I’d agree , but why not just say Rafa was dead right instead of trying to tacitly praise him??

• nut meg

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:11 PM

EGB @ 3
    I can’t recall Len White hitting the back stanchion but can remember Ivor Allchurch doing it at the gallowgate end…hit so hard it confused the whole crowd as to what actually happened…a cannonball of a shot if ever there was one.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Anyone Remember Arthur Bottom, he had possibly the hardest shot in football, played for us 11 times scoring 10 goals in the process and helping us avoid relegation in 1958. Him and Len would be a good pairing now.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:30 PM

nut meg

Pretty sure that Len did it but it were a long time ago, so I could be wrong.

• Ron Knee

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:34 PM

The first match I watched was in 61. Was Allchurch playing for us then?

• nut meg

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:35 PM

Bill..aye I can remember Arthur Bottom…signed from York City I think. White Eastham & Allchurch ..didn’t come much better then them three forwards.

• nut meg

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Ron ..Allchurch played from 58 till 62

• Ron Knee

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:43 PM

nut meg

Thanks. I might have seen him play then.

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:47 PM

Sum owld bastids on heor like
    😀

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:54 PM

I’m watching a replay of Spurs vs RM from last night
    When their 3rd goal went in and the camera panned to
    the home fans I recognised the look of joyous disbelief from
    an evening at SJP when we were 3 up against Barcelona at half
    time.

• Oldgit1

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM

@ Jib what are you suggesting.

• Oldgit1

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:59 PM

Thought most of the posters are old. Even Ed.

• nut meg

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:59 PM

I remember White, Eastham &Allchurch were rated the second best inside forward trio in the first division, second to Man.Utd I think.For any younger people numbers 8 9 10 we’re what were called the inside forward trio.

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Anyone know what the outcome was from the
    communist party congress regarding buying
    businesses from the foreign devils ?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Allchurch, Eastham, White and Gordon Hughes, who was a bit like Summerbee, on the right wing.

Only problem was Punton on the left who was hopeless, although Bobby Mitchell was still around if I recall it correctly.

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:27 PM

The odds have really shortened on John O’Shea taking over at Wearyside . The bookies have heard something perhaps ?

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Bobby Mitchell used to manage the Lochside back in the day

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Good evening fellow bloggers. Hope you are all well.

Will Mitro start ahead of Joselu this weekend? I for one hope he does

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:07 PM

?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Shire…do cows fly

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:10 PM

It’s like a retirements home in here with all that nostalgia…guyfawkesfacewithanscondanose? emoji

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:10 PM

flyver gris – du idiot

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:14 PM

Jib…buy a dictionary like any other normal person who wants to translate something…

• Jib

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:17 PM

I have to say Everton look a lot better
    vs Lyon at Groupama Stadium than