Exclusive Report – Newcastle Line Up 27-Year-Old Defender For January

Anderlecht defender Kara Mbodji is interesting Newcastle and some other Premier League clubs according to an exclusive in Turkish Football.

The 6ft 3ins tall, powerful player can play at center-back or in central midfield (attacking or holding), so he is a versatile player who has been capped 49 times by Senegal and moved to Anderlecht from Genk in the summer of 2015.

Last summer he signed a one-year extension to his contract to keep him at the Belgian club through 2021, even though there was interest at that time from some English clubs.

The other Premier League sides said to be interested in the player are Leicester City, Swansea, Crystal Palace, and Brighton; there is also interest from Italy and Spain.

Mbodji is priced at what seems a reasonable £10M, and it will be interesting to see where Rafa would want to use him.

It seems likely the manager will want to bring in another center-back with former Anderlecht defender Chancel Mbemba likely to be sold in January or next summer.

Kara Mbodji – Anderlecht center-back

The exclusive report is that his representative Ediz Balkan has had talks with a number of Premier League clubs.

This is what Balkan has said to Turkish-Football:

“Kara has attracted a lot of interest from Premier League sides, we held talks with representatives from those clubs in London last Sunday.”

“There are six or seven clubs from the Premier League in talks but I can’t reveal the offers right now.”

“There is also interest from Italy and Spain while the big three in Turkey have also held talks.”

“The next round of talks will Belgium we will have a better picture of what the near future holds for Kara.”

Anderlecht are said to want to keep Kara and not sell him in January, but money talks.

And Rafa would prefer to bring players in during January so at the very least they get acclimatized to Newcastle and the Premier League for next season.

They can also help us finish mid-table in the Premier League in May.

Rafa has a positive story to tell to any player who we approach to join Newcastle United in January or next summer.

One point in the story is they can play for one of the best managers in the world and in front of a 52,000 sold-out stadium.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Jib

As they say in the A team, what you talking about fool?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:50 PM

Olggit1,
    If we’ve got eight CB’s and no strikers in the U23’s, why do we keep getting jumped 6-0?

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:09 PM

There is a definite ganging up of bloggers on this site, with the normal suspects rounding up on a particular poster/s. Not nice to read.
    Starts with expat, then Mr tuff, tusunki, with jail for Ashley hovering around.
    This lot already drove bobbybee off the site although he did have a melt down and made some silly accusations, which no doubt he regrets. But I for one would like him to come back as at least he wrote about football.
    There are a few posters that sometimes make me blow a casket but have decided to ignore them. No doubt I will get some negative comments, but after reading Dr Ed health status he is a true legend and am sure the behaviour of some posters on his site must be disheartening for him.

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:11 PM

Oh I forgot about O P wondered why he hadn’t joined in.

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:14 PM

Totally agree Jail for Ashley, I know he uses some of the centre backs in midfield to give them playing time.. To many square pegs in round holes come to mind.

• hibbit

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:15 PM

Oldgit1
    no question he was a great player and no one can ever take that away from him
    but he’ll never be a great coach/ manager at any level total ill equipped for the job, might know how to do it just cant put it across on the training pitch as record shows
    any other club he would be long gone

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Oldgit,
    Who’s ganging up on who and why do you always seem to bring my name in to your snipers when we very rarely have much to do with each other. I asked you a valid point on your theory of us being shite because we’ve got no strikers, why post an answer like that.

• hibbit

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:27 PM

Oldgit1
    this time round Beardsley’s been in charge for 8 years not just this season

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:27 PM

Sorry Hibbit, but have to disagree, he can Only play the hand dealt him. Recruitment has been a disgrace especially for the under 23s and below for years now. Hopefully RB will sort this area out in due time. It’s got nothing to do do with his ability as a coach. He is held in high esteem by the big man, I trust his judgement rather tthan yours mate

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Oldgit,
    The big man, are you talking about Mike Ashley?

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Oh sorry jail for Ashley did I rattle your cage? Thought it was obvious even to you that having two strikers out on loan, the two remaining are obviously not good enough. Doh
    Now get back to your snide remarks it’s the only thing your are good at.

• hibbit

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Oldgit1

“He is held in high esteem by the big man”
    not sure that’s true mate but i’m sure we’ll find out soon enough

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Ok Oldgit,
    If that’s what you’ve come on here for carry on pal!

• hibbit

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Oldgit1 = Jib ????????????????

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:38 PM

I let you work that one out on your own JFA. I have no time for Ashley and will not discuss him on this site. Ten years wasted comes to mind.

• chicousa

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:39 PM

I see Mitro scored again for Serbia today. And for all the matches he has played for his national team I don’t recall ever seeing him get red carded…

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Wow a goal against China !

• chicousa

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Jib,
    True the competition was not the most daunting! 😀

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:44 PM

@ Hibbet Jib is big enough to look after himself, no connection. He does liven up the blog though, and helps people with comp issues. Etc.
    Btw I stuck up for you recently but obviously not appreciated. You are going to need all the friends you can get if the takeover goes pear shape lol
    In you I trust.

• hibbit

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Oldgit1

if it goes pear shaped so be it
    i’ll issue a groveling apology and leave the blog never to return

i’m that sure

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Chico
    were you OK with all the fires ?

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM

Would hate to see you leave mate, I’m sure you are right. You bring good vibes to the blog, thanks for your info.

• lesh

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:56 PM

There’s been some attention given to various emoji (poomoji etc) and according to Ed, we’re interested in signing one – Kara Mbodji.

• lesh

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:58 PM

Hobbit

Stop attention seeking, you know we all love you to bits – take over or no take over.

• chicousa

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Jib,
    Yeah, we were fine here, just lots of smoke in the valley. Tragedy the loss of life and property down in Napa and Santa Rosa areas. Good news we are now getting some much needed rain.

• lesh

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:00 PM

** Hibbet,

My previous post shoud’ve read Hibbet not Hobbit!

• hibbit

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM

lesh
    i answer to both no problem here

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:03 PM

Chico
    Good to hear
    I thought about you when it was reported here

• Mister Tuff

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:05 PM

What is not nice to read is the foul abuse/ gutter language/ suggestions of being a homosexual.
    I note there is no comment about that – conveniently forgotten – same suspects coming out to cause a ruck for no apparent reason.

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Tuff
    I agree
    It’s awful

• geordiesteve520

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM

@ Jib, from previous post.

Sorry to burst your bubble Jib but I’ve never met Pedro (unfortunately, as he’s a full-on hero of mine), nor am I old enough to have a son able to walk yet, let alone play football. I played football with Ben for years, through town, county and Boys club teams, until we left on football scholarships to the US and went our separate ways; our paths met again as BUSA representatives and, I have seen him occasionally at St George’s Park when I have taken my youth teams to matches there. Not all of us fit into your skewed little view of the world and have managed to broaden our horizons past the Team Valley. Oh and by the way, it was John Murray and John Carver who told me I wasn’t good enough for NUFC, at 16, they rated a lad called Michael Carrick more, suppose they were right…

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:16 PM

@ Mr tuff, do you ever talk about football related, or are you on a quest. Get over it. I have.

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:18 PM

Between 27th and Xmas we will see new owners. Trying to narrow down the dates more but my source can’t give me a certain date at this moment in time. They’re also putting there neck on the line as he’s signed an NDA.

That’s as much as I know at the minute. I’ll await the snide remarks and getting branded a WUM. No skin off my nose no matter what you think. I’m Just passing on the news

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Oh and almost forgot…………….

Smileypooemoji

• lochinvar

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Shirebrook
    Ok so it’s not specially the 27th but being a reasonable sort of guy and having waited this long for the new dawn I dare say I can live with a few more days while the deal is finalised.
    More concerning is your note that HE has signed a NDA and not SHE. This is a concern unless Amanda has delegated the matter to one of her minions. In that case I still live in hope.

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Thanks ShirebrookToon, much appreciated update, keep up with the updates and ignore the so called snide remarks. Majority of us on this site are grateful for any information you and Hibbit can give us.

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:34 PM

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Big Al will probably play on
    Tuesday 14 November, 11:00
    Munsu Football Stadium, Ulsan
    vs South Korea
    We play ManYoo
    17.30 on Saturday 18th Nov
    I cannot see him being selected by Rafa

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:44 PM

If you look at some wards and phrases whats others say there could well be a few on here with multiple second identitys for when it gets to hot for them hope the one that said i will not be hard to find hope he keep his ward so i can stick his head rite up his arse.

• chicousa

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:49 PM

These matches are just friendlies for Serbia. So maybe the Serbian manager will play their #2 striker and send Mitro home early! And Rafa will “certainly” start Mitro and keep Gayle in the number 10 spot for Manure match! Right?!!! 🙂

1 2 3 5