This Is One Newcastle Player Who Doesn’t Mess Around

Alan Shearer interviewed Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles for the BBC’s “The Premier League Show.”

And Alan likes what he heard from the young Newcastle captain who is a born leader with a determination to improve his game which can only help him in his future career.

Jamaal gets on very well with manager Rafa Benitez because they seem to have the same very high standards and believe in hard work on the training pitch and during games.

Rafa had told Jamaal to keep an eye on the players during the training sessions to ensure they are giving 100%.

And we had an altercation between Jamaal and Mo Diame several weeks ago which ended up with Jonjo Shelvey – the innocent bystander in this particular case – breaking a finger.

Jamaal Lascelles – Newcastle’s no-nonsense captain

Jamaal told Alan Shearer this during his BBC interview:

“I just didn’t like what I saw,”

“I don’t care who I upset. If we fall out, we fall out. If it comes to blows, it comes to blows.”

“I’ve got to do my job and that’s why I wear the armband.”

“I guess I can be a bit hands on but I’m still learning.”

“I’m only 23 I’ve got a long way to go in that sense.”

After the incident, when Rafa was talking to the press he mentioned these things tend to happen in training and that he has seen a lot worse.

The players made up and of course, all is well back in the Newcastle dressing room.

But Jamaal is still doubtful for the game at Manchester United a week tomorrow after he had to come off in the second half against Bournemouth suffering from an ankle injury.

The ankle is still swollen so it’s hard to identify the exact damage but it’s doubtful he will be ready in time for the game at Old Trafford.

Comments welcome

• Mister Tuff

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM

woah – Jib starting the abuse already. Be worse later on when he’s supped his cheap cider. But he’ll then play substitute Jane.
    Jib – I noted you took a couple of pops yesterday which I ignored. You clearly need a thrashing.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:35 PM

If Beardsley is good at his job as one or two suggest then we have to question the ability of the people scouting these young talents, or is that not allowed either.

The whole development set up needs to be looked at!!

• Jib

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:38 PM

Mr Tuff
    As they say in Jamaica

Cack mowt kill cack

• Oldgit1

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Just abit of insight of Peter Beardsley as a coach, I have been privileged to be able to watch the under 23s in training and have found him to be a very hands on coach.
    If you look at his squad he has 33 players of which 8 are centre backs, he has only a couple of strikers with Armstrong and Tony being sent out on loan.
    He has to work with the hand he is dealt but I do suspect there will be a major clear out of these players in the next transfer periods.
    Don’t be surprised there will be a strong Spanish inclusion to the under 23 s.
    It would be nice if people can support him rather than lambast him, this guy is a loyal servant to the club, a legend as a player, and someone who has great knowledge of Newcastle.

• catchy in norway

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM

beardsley is my all time favourite player.
    and i feel sorry for him as a coach because like all coaches at his level , they now are just baby sitters to rich kids.

on a football Level i bet there isn’t 1 kid who is anywhere near his level in vision or execution that he has ever coached. yet most earn more money than he ever did.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Jib – you cannot even get Jamaican patwa (patois) right – what a divvy.
    It should be ” cock mouth kill cock” (watch your mouth it can get you in trouble).

Please retire your ventures into linguistics – you usually mess it up. Come to think of it that applies to
    your efforts on here in regards to football. Change your game man before it’s too late.
    Ladies rugby or wrestling suggested.