Harsh Verdict On Newcastle Star Left Out In The Cold

Malcolm Macdonald doesn’t hold back on his opinions, and he is true to form in his latest column for the Chronicle.

We’ve known in the past from his comments that Malcolm doesn’t rate Aleksandar Mitrovic who has played only 3 times (with 2 goals) for Newcastle this season.

And the former Newcastle striker is not as surprised as some of us the 23-year-old striker has not played more this season – especially since we have only scored 10 goals in 10 Premier League games.

Aleksandar Mitrovic – scoring against West Ham

Malcolm has severely criticised the player and even his character in the Chronicle; this is some of what Macdonald has said:

“I’ve spoken and written about my frustration regarding Mitrovic before and I know some people take offense at it.”

“But my frustration with him is that he has some of the natural attributes which should make him a force to be reckoned with but he just does not use them.”

“I know there’s a support for him in the crowd but they really are responding to his antics, not his talent on the field.”

“I think he plays the crowd better than he plays football with all the raised fists and trying to gee up the crowd.”

“Alan Shearer did not carry on like that after he had scored 50 to 100 goals for Newcastle. In fact, he didn’t get up to those antics when he had 200 goals in black and white.”

“Mitrovic isn’t anywhere near that level but the way some talk about him, it’s almost as if he is the answer to Benitez’s prayers and the manager just doesn’t realize it.”

“He should be dominating centre-halves but instead he still allows himself to be wound up by them.”

“Considering how long he has been a professional footballer – and how long he has played in England – that is just not acceptable.”

“To be honest, I regret the day Newcastle bought him. If you had £13M and gave it to Rafa Benitez, he would buy a much better, more complete forward.”

It’s true that Aleksandar was brought in during in the summer of 2015 before Rafa arrived at the club.

And Mitro has not improved too much since he arrived on Tyneside and his antics are a concern on the field and the fact he can get himself sent off.

Mitro is not consistent, and sometimes he looks great, and in the next other game, he doesn’t seem interested.

But we are still surprised he hasn’t been given a chance this season by Rafa, given the other strikers we have.

He’s scored 9 goals in his last 11 International appearances and 2 goals in 3 appearances for Newcastle this season.

It does look like Rafa will sell the Serbian International in January, if we can bring in a replacement.

What do you think?

Comment welcome.

• toontaff2

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:33 AM

Sorry, Jeremy, old boy 😆 NOT!
    I think all politicians are lying scumbags, including your pal! Maybe you should take note of ED’s blog rules and stop spouting political nonsense – along with the other comrades – just a thought 💡

• toontaff2

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:38 AM

Regards to all attending Remembrance Day parades, today!
    15 years in the forces, myself, but more remembering my father, today – WW2 RAF bomber command vet. Was 10 stone when in forces, so uniform wouldn’t fit now, anyway!!!!
    I do find the BBC etc over the top now it is trendy to honour the vets – and keep reading articles about Europe being peaceful since WW2 – guess Bosnia did not happen????????????? And Putin does not count?

• toontaff2

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:40 AM

Glad to see all this poo emoji stuff has stopped! Jeremy was not amused 😆 smileypooponyourpoopemojiparadeemoji

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:54 AM

MAGCAR

From the previous thread, thanks for your reply and I really just wanted to underline some misconceptions.

Suffice to say, each to their own but to take blogs seriously is something the likes of Tuff and myself take lightly. Some posters aggravate, manilpulate and attempt to influence others unnecessarily just to attention seek which tends to annoy the begeebers out of the more sensible and informed of us.

The weather here in Melbourne has been a beautiful warm and sunny 26 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. In the village I live in, we have a gorgeous tapas bar right on the beach where I have spent the afternoon drinking copious amounts of savignon blanc and eating fresh seafood that was swimming in our pristine waters yesterday.

Suffer you northern hemisphere snowbound shiverering winter buggers…….lol

• ronaldo aarons

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Think McDonald has been on the drink again. Talking as if we bought mitro as the finished article when he was only 20. Far from it so he’s talking nonsense.

• hibbit

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:08 AM

expatmag

beautiful clear sky this morning with a temperature of 2 degrees and ice on our pond……….. LOL

bloody freezing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• toontaff2

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:11 AM

Have not seen SuperMac for a while, but he is usually to be seen walking his dog, often in Northumberland Park – A sincere gentleman – always pleasant, gives his time to speak to one and all.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Danming verdict from McDonald there
    It really does seem like that some people think that the stupid Benitez hasn’t realised that Mitro has 2 in 3 this season or 7 in 11 international goals. There’s a reason he’s not playing him, it might be frustrating for us but we have to give the manager our full support. He’s the only hope we’ve got.

• toontaff2

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Lord Hibbit, get your servants to remove the ice or maybe some of the keyboard warriors on here could stand next to the pond 💡
    I hope your moat is not frozen 😆

• Jib

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:15 AM

ronaldo aarons
    Supermac is not the best journo in the world
    But he was a top flight striker
    He also managed Fulham and visited SJP
    with one of the best sides I ever saw there/
    He knows more about the merits or otherwise
    of a player (esp a forward) than you and me
    put together.
    Joselu has his critics but at least with
    him playing we end up with eleven men
    on the pitch which gives you a fighting chance
    in this league
    Mitro the Chavs champ

• ronaldo aarons

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:16 AM

Support the manager by all means but it doesn’t mean we have to agree with every decision. He makes mistakes too and football is about opinions after all.

• hibbit

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:16 AM

toontaff2
    let the dogs out first thing and that was there first port of call Labs love water

• lochinvar

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Expat
    So kind of you to tempt us with your Southern Hemisphere vibes.
    Not a patch on walking the dog on Cresswell beach last night as night fell, drinking copious mugs of hot tea as my nads had frozen, then for supper eating fresh fish that had (probably) been swimming in the North Sea with chips and mushy peas all served up from the mobile scan van. Temperature difference with you about 30 degrees. Oh how we live.

• ronaldo aarons

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Jib
    Did I criticise him as player? Just because he has played the game doesn’t mean he can’t be wrong or we can have differing opinions.

How many reds has mitro had with us, google it since you like doing that. 2 I think, maybe 3. He hasn’t been sent off for Serbia but yeah mate, guess with him playing means he is likely to get sent off lol since it happens all the time apparently.

• lochinvar

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Hibbit – you have a pond ?
    Is that the one at Cragside or Wallington ?
    My how the other half live.
    We’ve got an icy puddle on the drive – does that count ?

• Tsunki

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:28 AM

I’m sorry but anyone who disagrees with Supermacs nail-on-the-head assessment of our Mad Serb should stick to subbuteo. I think this is also rafas assessment btw. Best that can be hoped for is that his spell on the sidelines either goes some way to improving / selling him.

• jimmysmith

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Mitro’s a bit of a knucklehead and can’t be trusted to lead the press or even run at all at times. I’ve come to accept that as the reason he’s been marginalised. We defend from the front, and Joselu and Perez can do it well. Gayle is less good at it, but I suppose he’s better than Mitro, so in the search for goals, he’s next cab off the rank.

• Tsunki

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Btw it was an unseasonal 32 degrees here yesterday, short sleeves and icy mojitos to keep cool and an afternoon of tapas by the wear in Durham as we watched the flamingoes wading. True story.

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Lochinvar

Winter has some compensations mate but I have been living here too long now to want those aspects described above. My 2 Border Collies love swimming in the warm sea as I sip on a freezing coldie……lol

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:49 AM

TSUNKI

Bollox

• Jib

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM

ronaldo aarons
    At your suggestion I did a contrast and compare
    I did it between Mitro and his hero Shearer
    Mitro 4358 mins played 109 matches (37 as sub)
    29 goals
    Alan 41143 mins played 328 matches (8 as sub)
    284 goals
    quite nicely balanced AS played 10 times longer and has
    10 times more goals
    however
    AS 34 yellow cards I red card in 18years of senior football
    AM19 yellow cards 4 red card in 5 years of senior football

• martoon

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:50 AM

What Supermac say is right and I you were deciding whether to play Mitro or Shearer there would be no question. However the choice is Mitro or Joselu and personally I’d give Mitro a try he can’t be any worse!