Newcastle Fans On Twitter – Excited About Amanda Staveley As Likely New Owner

Newcastle fans have taken to Twitter to talk about the potential takeover of Amanda Staveley and her consortium of investors.

While it may not be true that a deal has been agreed between the two parties, things are still forging ahead – and that’s got to be good.

The next news if the takeover is to be successful will be an announcement that a deal in principle has been agreed between the two parties, and that would include agreement on the price.

This seems to be getting very close, whether or not the news of a price agreement on Sunday from Asia, was true or not.

And it would be hard now for Mike Ashley to pull out of this.

Amanda Staveley – new Newcastle owner?

Newcastle fans are starting to realize how things could be if somebody like Amanda Staveley was the owner of Newcastle United.

Absolutely terrific and of course she would get somebody in to run the club for her and work closely with Rafa.

Here are some typical comments from Newcastle fans and some comical ones too – as per usual.

Ian – Amanda would get somebody in as Chairman to help Rafa run the club. It could be Lee Charnely but probably not.

Hope this is true.

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:17 AM

From 2 threads back – as Essex says missed bus again 🙁

magscar

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Jib@4

thanks for that link enjoyed seeing the highlights again.

Some noticeable differences to modern game

back passes to keeper (legally) picked up

late tackles not always carded

proactive referring by Gordon Hill

Leighton James staying on his feet in box rather than seeking a penalty

ball thrown away not carded.

AND just as now the magnificent support from the black and white scarf waving, chanting hordes stretching high up into the Sheffield clouds ( to pinch Mac’s phrase(?) .

If only we could have carried that into Final we might have had a chance. Little did I know that match v Liverpool was to be the first of much heartbreak following NUFC

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:20 AM

Name from past (for me at least) amongst tweets one Ian Cusack ? – a regular contributor to “The Mag” in it’s magazine format days when it was a good read pre-Internet.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Smileypooemoji!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:25 AM

magscar,
    The Mag as any type of credible source done it for me when they published that bloke in the pub told me story about Rob Elliott. Was it not them that done the one about the guy who knew Mike Ashley as a kid, something to do with a barbecue.

• martoon

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:42 AM

I’m still puzzled that despite the NDA’s we seem to hear about every move that Amanda makes but none of the others – I still wonder if she is a decoy for the real buyer?

• nut meg

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:43 AM

missed a few buses but never mind..

nut meg
    Nov 14, 2017 at 10:41 AM
    magscar, while on superstars MM clocked 10.9 secs..an Olympic qualifying time for that year..aye he could shift !!

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Jail

I stopped getting it regularly when I gave up my ST in Gallowgate in 2007 so not in Toon much . Didn’t agree with all content but not much NUFC stuff to read and nothing out there in fanzines back then to rival it.

Do not like Internet version much but I did notice when I dipped in to an article on Sunday in an idle moment that a “Jeff from Benwell” had posted on it – small world!

• Jib

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:01 AM

I see agent Bruce wants to reunite with Diamé
    at Villa.
    Mo did a job for us when needed last season
    I fear the Championship is his level
    I hope we get some decent dosh for him

• hibbit

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:01 AM

martoon

think the others are a figment of bishops imagination
    there are only two bidders

• Rotonda heights

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM

ed

you say hard for ash to pull out now!! This is Ashley we’re talking about

• lochinvar

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:06 AM

Just to highlight the contrast in local fortunes I see that the favourite to be the Mackems new Manager is

Paul Heckingbottom

Ironic really considering the last half spelling of his surname.

Knock knock – who’s there ?
    Paul – Paul who ?
    Paul Heckwe’rebottom

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Jib,
    I think Diame did do a job of sorts, I think because he can be so much better it makes him look very poor when he has a bad game, I suppose that’s the difference between a great player and a good/average one, the great ones are a whole lot more consistent.

• Jib

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Jail
    Diamé inferred a couple of times that he struggled
    with the training at Benton and he clearly had fitness issues at times.
    It makes one wonder if Bruce perhaps doesn’t train his sides hard
    enough.
    His former sides Hull and Sunlun both had big fitness issues when
    he managed them

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:23 AM

loch,
    Why on earth would anyone want to leave the relative safety of a job with no pressure to jump on a rapidly sinking ship, they’ve got no hope at all. Ellis Shorts only strategy seems to be administration. I’m not sure why he doesn’t try to sell for even 10M, surely he’s going to lose everything if they enter administration, I’m not sure how it works, can anyone enlighten me.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Not that I care what happens to them but as I’ve said before, if Fat Sam had any decent principles he’d offer to go back and pull them out of the shite, so that rules him out of a return then.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:35 AM

Jail

Think Short is just trapped and doesn’t want administration but won’t put money in to resurrect club although they are in increasingly dire state. Stupid spending on older players with little sell on value, switching managers every season with them wanting new players has eventually taken their toll.

Not getting 6 points of us finally did for them and it was always going to be a nightmare except the more deluded of their fans thought it was just Moyes and a decent replacement would have seen them emulate us!! Some also thought they had the better squad than us last season!?

Hard to feel sorry for them

• Jib

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I think basically Ellis Short was conned by that
    Irish consortium – Drumaville – fronted by Niall Quinn

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:39 AM

Dwight Yorke on Talksport as I was driving back home says he wanted job. serious? That could have been final nail in their coffin and another drop.

It is a strange division with unfancied sides going great and sides I fancied like Fuham ,Sheff Wed to do well are struggling!

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Nutmeg

Yeah remember tha. Was that same series KK was on and came off a bike in a terrible fall or mebbe a later one ?

• Jib

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:44 AM

There is a certain amount of poetic justice.

The world and his dog knows that from
    Allardyce down , the gannins on of Adam Johnson
    was recognised and ignored because of his importance
    to the squad.
    Just 2 years down the road and since Harvey Weinstein
    there’s no way now that Sunlun would have got away
    without a points deduction.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Martoon

You make an interesting point even though I am happy to go along with hibbit and Shire it is odd that all press is about the Stavely bid?

Could be that is the one that is oly one out in open for whatever reason and Press with nothing else run with it but no denials anywhere and how is getting into it public arena? I suppose NDA may cover only the finances and books?

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Jib@20

yea those shenigans just cost them a CEO pay off. Surprised at time PL did’t take more of an interest in it but may have been scared of having to relegate them if they took action?

• martoon

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:56 AM

magscar @ 7 – I wondered if Ian Cusack could be IanToon?

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM

Martoon

If memory serves he lived local and Ian toon is down south but you never know. Ian like me seems to indulge in the occasional article length post and some did suggest in my early day on here that I would be better off on Mag lol.

Mind would be saying something if they didn’t want you as well 🙁

Nver tried though as many regulars on there are even more rabid than on here 🙂

When I had a 6 month or so sojourn from here about a year ago dipped in there and Chronicle comments from time to time for my fix but poor reading mostly.

• martoon

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM

Gotta love a bit of optimism from nufc.com:

“If you’re looking for some solace stats-wise, then our most recent outing on BT Sport ended in a 3-3 draw against Manchester United at Gallowgate, our last away game shown live on that channel was a 1-0 victory at Bournemouth and our latest visit to Old Trafford that ended 0-0 was also shown live by BT”

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Martoon

we need all the optimism we can get. It is the opposite side of the coin to – we haven’t won on a Monday night for donkeys. Those seem to endure but the “up” ones don’t 🙁

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM

You rang

• martoon

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:29 PM

magscar – I’m enjoying our private conversation 🙂
    I’m too lazy to write full articles but just like to chip in with my two pennies worth! I used to quite like the comments section in the Chronicle but recently it seems to be the same people with quite extreme views. I know the blog can be similar but you do get a wider range of opinions.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Anyone listen to total sport last night?

Was that young Ciaran calling in?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:34 PM

martoon,
    There’s no such person as Ian Toon, he’s a figment of carls imagination.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Martoon

I do dip into a few online comment areas as I live away and it gives a flavour but ( not being controversial) they are often a majority of seemingly angry posters and not always like the views of those I come into contact with at Match. Depends what time I have on my hands 🙂

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Martoon

Have to go out again shortly so catch up on private conversation later haha

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM

I might ask Santa for a copy of Rafa’s way, I’m surprised I haven’t read it yet, to be honest since I got that audible app I’ve hardly been reading at all.

• north east lincs toon

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM

We’re potentially getting a multi billionaire and owner to replace Ashley and sunlun are getting Paul hecky wow how karma levels it self out

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM

nel,
    Aye, if only they hadn’t of laughed at us we might have gone easy on the plane we send over when they finally go down.

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Let em rot I say. Got no simpathy for em.

Who’s laughing now!!!!

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:01 PM

Sympathy !!

Fcukin phone!!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:08 PM

Shirebrook,
    You are exceeding greatness with your smileypooemojis!

• Jib

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM

A Xmas turd
    Now I’ve seen everything
    😀

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:20 PM

Jib,
    That’s not a turd, it’s a smileypooemoji!