Mourinho Praises Benetiz After The Game – Rafa’s Very Experienced And Very Intelligent

For the game yesterday against Newcastle it seems that Jose Mourinho went out of his way to be kind and even complimented the Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez.

During his press conference for the game, Jose said that he had always had huge respect for Rafa as an excellent manager and his criticism of him had never been personal.

But we remember that Jose criticised Rafa’s wife long ago, for allowing him to put on weight and that seemed to be personal to us.

Oh well.

And to give some credit to Jose, he knows Rafa was unsuccessful; at both Inter-Milan and Real Madrid where Jose had some great success – but he didn’t bring any of that up.

Maybe he’s impressed with the loyalty and guts Rafa had shown by staying at Newcastle when we were relegated.

And with very little money the Spaniard has still created a decent side.

After the game, Jose was also complimentary to Rafa who had Newcastle organized and produced an excellent first 30 minutes when we were 1-0 up, and it could have been more.

But we couldn’t keep it up and that coupled with some poor defending and some undoubted class from the Manchester United players – especially from the returning Paul Pogba – saw the Red Devils eventually win the game 4-1.

Rafa Benitez and Jose Mourinho – before the game

Ater the game Jose Mourinho was still complimenting Rafa as he had this to say:

“We didn’t start well,”  “But I don’t blame my players. I blame in the positive sense. I blame Benitez.

“He’s very experienced, very intelligent.”

“Their team was very well organised. They started very well, creating us problems. We couldn’t play sometimes in our defensive areas.”

“But the goal was like a wake-up call, and the team reacted very, very, well and very strong.”

We just couldn’t keep up our good form early on – but what’s really worrying is the poor defensive play, with all of our four back culpable for some of the four goals.

Rafa’s right when he says he has to improve the quality at every single position on the Newcastle side.

We hope he gets to do that in the January transfer window.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Jazzy,
    I think everyone understands that, even yesterday’s match comments weren’t at their normal histeria levels.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Welsh – sorry to hear about your old man. Keep a hold. Solace can be achieved by believing they’re in a better place.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM

Thanks Mister Tuff.

• ronaldo aarons

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM

I doubt mourinho would have been so gracious had they lost lol.

• AncientC

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Mourinho must have been thinking at 1-0 down, “oh no, not this guy again” looking over at Benitez. I know others disagree, but I think the defending was poor in comparison to normal standards. The back line playing to its potential, and who knows…

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Shire/Jazzy

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t a clue who may or may not be ACTUALLY taking us over, so if any beans have been spilt it tells me nowt other than strong rumours that seem to be common knowledge.

• jazzyp

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Jail

I hope so buddy because Im praying for this Takeover.
    Another 10 year tenure from the Fat controller will send me over the edge

• jazzyp

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM

Essex

Afternoon pal

Let’s just hope the Takeover happens sooner rather than later mate, Because boy do we need it

• Oldgit1

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM

@ welshie Really sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences mate.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:50 PM

Most managers of winning teams tend to be complimentary towards their losing counterparts so i doubt if Rafa will take much solace or be overly impressed by kind words.

He’ll be more intent in rectifying what went wrong.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Oldgit1

Cheers mate.

• Mag52

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:54 PM

Good championship team losing out to a good premiership team by a score that the premiership team didn’t wholly merit.
    It illustrates how vital will be an injection of quality in January.
    Pleased for Gayle, a natural scorer who will get more in this division if given the chance.

• sing in the corner

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Well, that’s that game out of the way, and some results of teams below went our way to limit the damage. The game came a week too late for us. Pogba coming back after a knock and playing like that was just unreal.
    Never mind, on we go.
    Really hope Merino has a good week training and can play against Watford. Hayden’s predictable suspension leaves us with Diame or Saivet most likely coming in?

• AncientC

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:58 PM

jazzyp, from previous, where did I take something personally? I can assure you I have no jealousy towards anybody having inside information, the more the better in my view. If you come onto the blog and insult people calling them amateur accountants playing with bean counters, what do you expect?

Is that how it works, somebody gets some inside info, insults the rest of us trying to get an angle on things, and when we pose a legitimate question, it’s jealousy and shooting the messengers? Are we not allowed to ask if somebody seems like they know something about the books?

I can tell from your use of expletives etc than one of us indeed does need to grow up.

On the flip side, if you are indeed the source where Shirebrook is getting his information from and you do know something, I would genuinely appreciate you sharing. Nobody is going to get jealous etc… well not I. I am civil to those that are civil.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Mag52,
    An inform Gayle could be the answer to our prayers, hopefully if Rafa has decided on a 4-4-2 we might even see a bit more of Mitro. It would be interesting to see them paired together. Looking forward to the game on Saturday it is surely very winnable. I hope WBA don’t sack Pulis before a week Tuesday.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:05 PM

I do believe that Rafa ought to take a serious look at Adam and Ivan, come January especially if he isn’t going to get this semi mythical war chest.

Probably worth taken a chance with some of the younger players, especially when you see other youngsters playing for England, are ours that much worse.

• jazzyp

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:06 PM

Ancient

Mate I made a simple observation to Shirebrook that’s it regarding what information he shares on here.
    I have no interest in getting into childish debates on who is and isn’t right and merely pointed out that you alone bit on the comment.
    On more important matters I hope your Dad gets the send off he deserves tomorrow Welshie.
    My condolences buddy

• Online Guy

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:09 PM

Welshgeordie9

Take it easy mate, you will be amazed where you get the strength from on the day.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Thanks both.

• Farmer Albert

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:21 PM

Were you trying to get “an angle on things” when you stated that the accounts are “jigged”? No, it was a statement, not a question. Not even, qualified by any possibilities/maybes. And not your professional opinion, as you don’t seem to be a professional accountant/lawyer.

You also state no-one could possibly know anything about the club. Strange when you think you know that the accounts are “jigged”.

I’m not “in the know”. But I know three things. The club don’t produce their own accounts, they pay a firm of accountants to prepare them. I know the name of the firm. And I know the name of one of the accountants who works for them, spending over a week in a box at SJP going through financial records every year.

Are you saying he, and his colleagues, have done anything dishonest? If so, prove it.