Newcastle Fans Take To Twitter After Heavy Defeat – Point Out The Positives

Losing three games in a row is not good but when you look at those three games – defeats against Burnley, Bournemouth and Manchester United – we could have taken something out of those games.

But it was poor defending and not taking our chances that were the things that cost us.

That’s an area we have to tighten up on, but there were also many good points to take out of the game yesterday.

It’s not all bad news as we played very well for stretches yesterday against one of the best teams in England.

Here are some typical tweets today.

• Veltman

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Black and white armpit
    Welcome back.Long time no see 😉

• martoon

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM

I think 4 2 would have been a fairer reflection of the game. Also did I imagine it or did Rafa say new owners are not going to come in and spend £100m? 🙁

• Veltman

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM

Don’t know what happened after 30min but I was impressed by the display and we looked dangerous.Where does Pogba coming from? I thought he wasn’t ready and match fit.When they scored the second, changed channel as I knew it will be a cricket score after that.

• Munster Mag

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:50 AM

Losing merino and lascelles is a nasty blow. What’s the prognosis on them? I was listening on the radio when lascelles was injured and they thought it was ludicrous that he stayed on or was allowed to stay on? Is that fair to rafa and Co? I think it was lawro who made the comment so….

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Martoon
    class told in the end but first half if our decision making in front of goal was better ie Murphy should of passed to Gayle instead of having a shot plus Hayden when he got through at the end of the first half had shot towards the near post or squared it to Gayle. But all in all I thought we played well – Man Utd excellent tho going forward defence shaky.

Shelvey was my MOM followed by Yedlin, Murphy did ok – BUT I thought Ritchie had his poorest game in a TOON shirt and Hayden after his booking (misses next game) disappeared out of the game in long stretches. Also joselu started brightly but he also faded quickly

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Veltman,
    4-1 isn’t a cricket score?
    Munster.
    Did you not already condemn Rafa for not subbing Lascelles earlier, now you’re using radio commentary from two weeks ago that nobody can possibly listen to again to paint him in a bad way. Of course in your backhanded way though.

• Ninjacent

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:03 AM

I am a lot happier with thus performance rather then the game we lost

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Charlie,
    We were up against it from the off, to concede the second when we did was decisive, mentally crushing.

• sparky55

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Been saying it for months…Hayden not premiership class and is our weak link in Midfield.

Also think Yedlin wud be a better winger and I’d play Ritchie on the other wing or as a no 10 and I think Atsu is a better impact player but to be fair to the lad he works very hard for the team and defends well which seems to be more important than flair for Rafa.

I’d be playing something like this for a 442

Goalie (nowt between them)
    Gamez Lejeune Lascelles clarke
    Yedlin Merino uncle Fester Aarons
    Ritchie Mitrovic

or this with a 3-5-1

Goalie

Lascelles Clark Lejeune

Yedlin Merino Fester Ritchie Aarons

Mitrovic

• Ninjacent

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:11 AM

I am a lot happier with thus performance rather then the game we lost to Burnley, if we had went in at half time either at 1-1, 2-2 or 2-1 one up the boys may have treated the game a lot different and the scoreline would have been obviously a lot different. Rafa analysis of the game was spot on, he took the handbrake off leaving us more exposed and we became so much more creative then I’ve seen this season. Ritchie was playing against Pogba, the size and speed is total mismatch. Proud of the effort, need to get a win before December kicks in now though as we have 3 monster clubs to play.

• sparky55