Aleksandar Mitrovic Starts Making The Case To Leave Newcastle

Aleksandar Mitrovic did get on at Old Trafford in the second half on Saturday, and that was only his fourth appearance this season for Newcastle as he seems out of favor with manager Rafa Benitez.

That’s even though we are finding it difficult to score goals and it’s a bit worrying we are starting to concede goals that could be avoided.

Mitro has been a big star of the Serbia side in World Cup qualifying games and he’s scored 9 goals in his last 11 internationals for his country – so he is a hero back home.

He is almost a certainty to make the Serbia squad for the World Cup in Russia next summer, but he also wants to be sharp and wants to play games this season.

But let’s face it – his career seems to be going nowhere at Newcastle.

Aleksandar Mitrovic – in Serbia’s colors

He hints in this interview in the Chronicle today that he may have to leave Newcastle to get playing time before the World Cup.

Here’s some of what he has said:

“I’m patient but we will see.” “My patience is almost to the end, so we will see.”

“I want to play, I want to be on the pitch, I’m patient, but we will see.”

“The World Cup is a big thing for the whole country, for all the Serbian players, for my family and for all people in Serbia.”

“If you want to do something there, you have to be ready.” “If I want to be ready, I have to play games and to be on the pitch scoring goals.”

“The support of Newcastle fans is what’s keeping me alive.”

“Since the beginning, I don’t know why, but we have had a really amazing relationship. I love them, they love me.”

“Newcastle is in my heart and even if I maybe go somewhere else, Newcastle will still be in my heart.”

“I hope I will stay here but we will see what happens. I will always be a Newcastle United fan all my life.

Rafa could sell Mitro if he gets a decent enough offer and with his good performances for his country that could happen in January.

If we do get an offer, he will be sold as long as Rafa can replace him.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:12 AM

That’ll go down well with the boss mind.

• Slank

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:17 AM

I guess it’s all down to who is more eager / desperate to sell or to buy the club.

The initial bid in any transaction is rarely, if ever, accepted.

I’m sure PCP are not trying to buy the club for themselves but are representing Arab or / and Chinese investors. If Ashley knows or even suspects this then PCP will almost certainly have to up their bid as where there is wealthy Arab and Chinese investors there’s always a lot more money to be had and Premiership clubs the size of Newcastle don’t come up very often.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Surely Ashley knows that it would be foolish to not accept the 300M. If it was worth more with more buyers they would be here by now. The buyers are in the driving seat and are being more than generous by offering 300M when it is common knowledge what he has put in and what he’s had out of it. We are only worth this much now because Rafa is here, if he knocks us back for want of 80M that he cannot justify then he loses everything, he’ll have to put in 30M in January with more in the summer to have a slim chance of getting Rafa to stay, given his PL record surely he knows that another relegation is imminent without Rafa here making us worth around the 100M mark with no guaranteed of bouncing back. What a shame he doesn’t do logic though.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:20 AM

Slank,
    Read the above, he’d be a downright fool to hold out for more, a downright greedy fool.

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:26 AM

Well he’s accepted it but he’s got conditions about his advertising and his instalments

• Slank

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM

Jail

‘..Surely Ashley knows that it would be foolish to not accept the 300M..’

Ashley is if anything not a fool. He didn’t build an international retailer by being foolish. He is a past master of doing deals. He is sitting on a product of which there are only 20 in the world and nearly all of them are not for sale.

Whoever PCP are representing they will have the money to pay whatever Ashley wants as this opportunity to buy a big Premiership club doesn’t come around all that often.

Now that the offer by PCP is in the public domain it may alert others to the possibility.

• kimbo

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:20 AM

Ashley admitted on his Sky interview that he had used £250M of his money and no more. He has had free advertising for 10 years and I won`t be surprised if he has not taken money out of the club by other means, so £300m is a good offer if it is true. If he wants more than he is just being greedy and goes against his comments he made on Sky that “he would not stand in the way”.