Vast Changes Coming To The Look Of Newcastle United – Back To The Future

The Star is reporting today that Mike Ashley will make a clean break with Newcastle United if he sells the club to a consortium put together by Amanda Staveley, who leads the PCP Capital Partners financial group.

Since Mike arrived, he has put Sports Direct advertisements everywhere and anywhere the TV cameras go on a match day – even inside the ground where the players gather before they walk out onto the pitch.

With Sports Direct signs everywhere my wife, Madeline thought that Sports Direct was the actual owner of Newcastle – because of all the signs.

No, Mike Ashley owns Newcastle, and he also owns Sports Direct and has never paid one penny for the worldwide advertising he has received from the club over the last 10 years.

St. James’ Park – back to the future – looks very clean

Maybe Amanda Staveley should put a clause in her new bid and charge Mike for all that advertising over 10 years?

Maybe not.

Ashley even changed the name of St. James’ Park to the Sports Direct Arena for a while and that obviously really upset the fans.

We have put up a photo of St. James’ Park taken before 2007 – before the Mike Ashley era – and it looks very nice and very clean – thank you very much.

If Amanda Staveley is successful in her bid it will be the new Newcastle United.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Watford?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• hibbit

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:45 PM

been in Leeds this morning and there’s a lot of talk of Colback joining them in January

• Ron Knee

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:51 PM

lesh

It’s OK. I got a note from my mam.

• lesh

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM

Hibbit

Leeds’d be a good move for Jack given his desire to stay local. Anyway, you did Leeds and back in a morning by train? A minor miracle – it’ll be reported in the national news tonight!

And

Ibiza

There are suggestions that today might be your birthday. I shan’t ask how many as it’s rude to do so. If it is your birthday, is it the real one or the official one?

In any event, the island’ll be jumping at the weekend as hoards of revellers arrive to party with you. Make sure the ‘pharmacies’ are well stocked!

Have a happy birthday.

What with Hibbit’s success on the train and Ibiza’s birthday, they say good things come in threes so maybe we can expect to hear that Ashley’s agreed to PCP’s offer and is clearing the SJP fridges!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:02 PM

hibbit…to Leeds and back again in half a day 😀

…how was Leeds? Will they pay for him or is it just a loan?

• hibbit

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM

lesh
    No mate down on the train 1h8m very impressed and back in a Ranger 1h20m
    enjoyed the train ride can’t remember the last time i was on a train other then Metro

• hibbit

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:05 PM

jesperits
    only 60 miles from were i live

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Is it still Arriva? I remember when I moved to London there had just been a big train accident up near Hatfield and I think they switch to Arriva just after…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:09 PM

…you’re back safe and sound right Hibbit? I shouldn’t really be mentioning train wreck incidents if you’re still on a train…

• posada

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:10 PM

That image of the stadium shows just what massive structures the Milburn, North West Corner and SJH stands are.
    Could the East Stand be made bigger.
    There is some space at the back of it before you get to Leazes Terrace.
    Not a lot, but some.

• Average_Contents

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Wayaman (I think) from previous thread

Correct.

That’s what I meant to put at the end of the post, that’s what I think the major holdup will be.

Trying to sort out what he’s done would take time and a lot of patience. Unfortunately for us, it’s wearing thin (mine ran out 7 years ago) after being systematically abused for ten + years.

It’d be like wading through a minefield, doubling back, shuffling to the side, carefully extracting the cover hoping to find the trigger, only in this case the club assets. Then trying to put them all back where they belong. With the fcuking club.

Tsunki

Aye, small potatoes. I wonder why he’s trying to keep them though…..

Wonderingemoji.

YoungCnut

You’re nothing but a wum who’s been outed numerous times. Get a life.

• Average_Contents

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:15 PM

1 hour from leeds?

Surely not hibbit lol

Tremor detection activated….

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM

Doing party sunday and they have asked for all northern soul anyone been in to that nowt yet hibbit or shirebrooke on the takeover

• hibbit

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:40 PM

RUNAWAY
    the only good news i have is Ashley is still at the table .
    i wonder why ?????

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Do you get off on calling people ‘c**ts’?

Very charming.

The leader of that ‘rob’ investigation I.e… Belfast. Admitted he was wrong.

My picture is obvious proof that I’m not rob.

So. Quit. Being. A. Dumbass.

Thanks.

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:48 PM

Maybe he’s got to sell hibbit he knows if he hangs on he’ll never get anywhere near his price again so fat twat sell now.

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:54 PM

Afternoon

To be fair to young mag… When belfast posted the link to Rob Vollans’ facebook page, Rob was a little chubby, balding with glasses. Young mag has had a few pics of himself, and they all look more or less like his current one. Pretty sure he isn’t Rob

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Anyway.

Has he sold up and funked off yet?

• hibbit

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM

just been thinking and remember this is Ashley were talking about

if the the deal that PCP are offering is so bad and so low (as some news outlets are reporting )why hasn’t our hard nosed bull headed owner walked away ?????

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM

I mean has Ashley sold up and funked off, not rob vollans or young mag 😀

• Average_Contents

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:59 PM

A picture. On a blog. Is proof?

A picture of let’s face it anyone. On a blog. Where absolutely anything can be uploaded. Is proof?

Haha, good one.

What do YOU suggest I call you then? CnutyMcCnutface? WUM? Knobend? I’ll stretch to putting MR in front of those if you want.

Saddo.

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:01 PM

Lmao markaccus

I’m not going anywhere. This blog is great for passing the time and for news related to Nufc. Nowhere else better.

But that’s what happens when you live near Burnley and not in Newcastle. You rely on social media and blogs for interaction.

• Average_Contents

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:02 PM

God help us, the tree hugger is here ?

• Average_Contents

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:04 PM

That was meant to be a smiley. Honest lol.

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM

Average

I genuinely think you might have this one wrong, mate. Not trying to pick a fight. Vollans had 3 i.ds
    one was “take a chancel on me” another was “toon army from leeds” (or similar) and i can’t remember the other, but it was a final desperate attempt to hide after belfasts outed him

• Darlingtoon

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:11 PM

There seems to be a lot of tension between Average Contents and YoungMag…..sexual?

• NUFCadon

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:11 PM

Shire,

Have you heard if there are any statements due to be released either today or tomorrow?

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:12 PM

Here’s my instagram.

I know I don’t need to prove myself but you’re so wrong.

Markaccus is correct. I’m not related to those monikers at all. Just check for yourself. I’ll post a Newcastle badge just to show you up even more.

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:12 PM

• Darlingtoon

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:16 PM

Young Mag, there’s a lot of pouting going on in those pictures….I’m not sure whether they prove that you’re a genuine Newcastle fan or just in touch with your feminine side.

I’d also be interested to hear if Shire has any updates…

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:29 PM

Did everyone go to sleep 😀

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Why are the ad’s asking me if i am looking for love, or wanting to get in shape in CARDIFF? I am currently in Washington, not far from “them doon the road”

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Lol sorry I thought I should take a break

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM

I’m getting twitchy over the takeover now. there hasn’t been any news today at all. hopefully because they are now deep into negotiations.

• lesh

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:47 PM

Hibbit

The best way to make sure Ashley stays at the table is to nail his hands to it’s top where they’re visible.. At least it should limit any further damage and weakening of the Club.

And some football related footage of David Attenborough on his travels

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Wayayman

Just for you

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Hibbit

I’ve a feeling he can’t walk away now, too many false dawns too many other offers he’s rejected, he would end up stuck with us or having to take a massive hit on his so called investment in the future as it would all go pear shaped if he walks.

I’d reckon pcp hold all the cards if there’s no one else willing to bid.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Mark…it’s Ibiza’s birthday today…the festivities started at 3.30pm and music went on an hour ago…

…didn’t you get the memo?

• jane

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:06 PM

the SD advertising would almost certainly be replaced with other advertising as the new owner is likely to want to generate income through advertising so it is unlikely that the stadium would return to the old clean look of little or no adverts if that used to be the case.

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:08 PM

Who is ‘theoalcock’ on instagram? Lmao.

Just started following me. I know they’re from the blog. 🙂

• YoungMag :P

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:09 PM

Wait, is that you mark? Would make sense.

1 2 3 5