Here’s What’s On The Minds Of Newcastle Fans Today

There are comments today from Newcastle fans on the potential takeover, the home match against Watford today and the transfer window coming up in January.

Rafa needs to bring in some players at that time – whoever the owners are – so we can cement our place in the Premier League this season.

Then, whatever happens, we will at least have some big money to spend in the summer transfer window and Rafa can bring in some good players to strengthen the squad.

But first things first and we need a win against Watford today.

Here’s hoping.

Another dedicated fan below.

• ShirebrookToon

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:37 AM

Matchday!!!!!!!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:42 AM

Magscar…I know the saying, just don’t think it really applies here mate

• magscar

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM

jesper

thats ok . my take is given the apparent complexity of the issues to be resolved no news means they are at least still talking. news now would in my view be of the negative variety – each to their own i suppose 🙂

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM

Every now and then Wikipedia ask for a donation and I stick a tenner in as I use the site quite a lot and it would be a shame if it went down. The Guardian newspaper have started asking for donations to read their articles. Does anyone else give them anything?

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Shirebrooke will do one day mate cold morning up here but the suns out and dry.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Magscar…it also means Ashley is still our owner

• magscar

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:59 AM

Jail

Not a regular read of any of the online papers ( or even the printed variety) so whilst I occasionally go onto a Guardian article directed from Newsnow I don’t feel obliged to pay for the occasional dip in. If like the Tmes they block users who don’t subscribe then so be it. Mostly use Chronicle site if any and am plagued as others with adverts but is manageable.

Fed and watered so am going to scape car windsceen and get ready for trip North – gonna be a cold one 🙁

3 points will help on trip back as always though 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Yesterday was the yearly SOS day here where all procidings goes to “Red Barnet” and “Caritas”…

• lochinvar

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Now we know why he needs readies. The last four words in the quote have a resonance.

Sports Direct shareholders have criticised the retailer’s decision to ask investors to approve an £11m payment to the brother of founder Mike Ashley.
    Royal London Asset Management said the retailer had given “no evidence or detail explaining why” the sum was owed to John Ashley.
    It would vote against the payment as it was a “consequence of poor governance”.

• Chilwell Delight

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:09 AM

MATCHDAY!!!
    HWTL

Nothing Ashley is involved with seems decent and above board. Whilst I love reading the info from Shire, Hibbet, Sparky and such, I just find myself thinking that Ashley will do something to sour it all.

Fingers crossed for getting rid of his pollution once and for all………

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:14 AM

magscar,
    I think I could most definitely live without The Guardian so cheers for sharing that.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Jesper,
    Does Danish TV show all 3pm kick offs live like Australia and Nigeria do?

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM

And China?

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM

And Italy?

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Anyone know if our match is on any mainstream channels tonight? Or any of the big Middle Eastern/ Chinese channels?

• AncientC

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:32 AM

The best thing about ‘The Guardian’ is Will Self’s and Frankie Boyle’s writing.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:32 AM

Hibbit

Unfortunately the world we now live in everything has to be instant. Hurry hurry everything is rushed and done at a 100mph. If it isn’t people lose interest or find another way to occupy themselves.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM

ha, i just asked the same question. that’s what happens when you take 20 minutes to type

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Dilemma.
    Want to take my three year old to his first match. Means swapping my seat in the Gallowgate with my mate to sit in the library surroundings of the family enclosure and the risk that the three year old will be bored shitless and might want to leave?

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Is three too young for first game?

• AncientC

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:38 AM

‘Alan Pardew is set to be named the new West Brom manager and the former Crystal Palace boss could start work on Monday.’

The awkward moment Pard’s wants to ask to take over after the Newcastle game, but thinks to himself that would be out of order, so stays quiet.

• sparky55

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:41 AM

My mate has been bang on the money with every snippet he’s given us and when I was in London last week a lot of things fell into place….It’ll be done this coming week with official announcement early the week after.

REPOST FROM YESTERDAY….Just got back from the smoke and lots of people talking about the sale of Nufc and the money Ashley is borrowing to get all these deals done.

He NEEDS to get the £300 million in cash straight away to meet the LTV’s of the money he’s borrowing. Rumour has it he’s having to stump up 820 million in cash / PG’s to get everything done.

My mate is sticking with his intelligence that it’ll be agreed subject to final contract amends this coming week.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:42 AM

Jail

I took my nephew at a similar age, went 20 mins early to avoid a stampede.

He was amazed by the ground etc, ten mins into the match he was bored and it was a nightmare trying to get him settled. Ended up leaving after 30 mins, bit gutted, I don’t think it’s to young, depends what your son is like, you’ll know best.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Ancient,
    We could do without that as the twat does seem to have an early impact.
    Surely the powers that be have looked at what he done with the last Pulis team and where they are now. We were quickly relegated after he left and Palace are rock bottom. Charlton have never been the same since and Soton sacked him in the third division. There must be a serious shortage of qualified managers.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:49 AM

It’s worrying Benitez has said twice that our budget will be more or less the same whoever is in charge. Makes you think it’ll be another spend-what-you-earn type. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a group of people looking for a quick profit. The worst thing about these types is they don’t tend to have a long term plan, ie no investment at academy level and are content just to stay in EPL. Whoever it is, odds are they’ll be better than Ashley.

• AncientC

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Jail, personally, I am relishing the thought of Pardew being given a baptism of defeat. Sure, Pardew got of to a good start against Liverpool, and did well initially with Palace, but records like that are there to be broken… and who better to do it.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:52 AM

OP,
    His Ma seems to be against it and she’s nearly always right, be a right f oo ker if he did want to leave after half an hour though. I could have her on standby in Eldon square mind. It’s wether I want to give up my seat as well mind.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Probably too young to enjoy it, unless there’s lots of goals. He’ll probably enjoy the atmosphere more than the game. I was 9 for my first game and me and my cousins found it boring if I’m honest. Got beat 2-1 off Villa in January 1989. Think it was the FA cup. The gallowgate was empty back then. Must have been just before the fences came down.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Jail

If your luck is anything like mine was, the toon will score just as you’re leaving the ground and will win 3-0.

I was gutted, next day he sat glued to the Sunday morning MOTD, little git. Still haven’t forgiven him and he’s 19 now

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM

TNMW,
    Or Rafa being the agreed operator he is, is keeping his cards very close to his chest so all those players he’s after don’t have their agents hike up their prices.

• simon376

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Jail, took my friends son to a couple of friendly matches years ago when he was about 4, thought a safe one to tryout on. First game was fine and he loved it, 2 one a week later he was bored after about half n hour. Had my parents in Newcastle and called my dad to meet me at the gate, security guy let me walk out with him to hand the lad over then straight back in. Don’t think you can ever get an age right, but like you said, make sure your wife is in Eldon Sq and can come over as a back up

• posada

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Jail
    If you do take your son to the match try not to use abusive language.
    As at 24.

Cheers.

• expatmag

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:15 AM

JFA @ 12

Australia only shows 1 game live on free to air TV. Tonight, SBS are showing the Man Utd v Brighton game.

The pay TV company Optus, has the current premier league contracts havibg won it from rival pay TV company Foxtel a couple of years ago.

Not many have subscribed to Optus although I have and currently have an option to watch all games I wish.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Posada,
    I have thought about that when taking my five year old in to the Gallowgate corner where the language is hardly acceptable. But can you shelter them from everything, they’ll hear it eventually anyway. Really not sure about that though?

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Yeah, it makes sense to keep fans hopes down too. There’s always talk of 500m to spend on takeovers. And some end up like Portsmouth or Villa or us with Ashley. I’d be happy with just having a sensible owner. If we get anything more it’s a bonus.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM

expat,
    Did Foxtel not show all the games?

• expatmag

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:26 AM

JFA

They did but lost the contract to Optus who now show all the games. You can select which game you want to watch and watch replays of the others later.

Optus is better than Foxtel because the previews, half times and overviews and analysis are all done from the UK rather than the muppets Foxtel used to use hete.

• manni

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Download Mobdro has most 3pm kick off games, abit of a pain to find the newcastle games , just try all the channels till it turns up

• Chilwell Delight

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Jail, I would suggest a bit too young but again it all depends on the personality and actual interest in footie. I took my son (9) and daughter (7) on the Stadium Tour and they could not get enough of the place which was probably the best intro for them – not massively into watching footie at this age as they would rather be kicking the ball.
    Good luck

• hibbit

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM

jail
    take my advice don’t do it far to young plus its bloody freezing which will only make it worse !!!!