Karl Darlow Expected To Keep His Place At Chelsea

Rafa’s team selection for the game on Saturday at Stamford Bridge should be very interesting.

But we expect Karl Darlow to keep his place – you very rarely change your goalkeeper during the season and Rob Elliot has been a little off-form in the last few games.

We’ll have to see what Rafa does on Saturday but we have never understood exactly why Rafa doesn’t rate Karl Darlow.

Karl Darlow – should keep his place on Saturday

Karl’s not even sure he will be in goal on Saturday; this is what he said as reported in the Chronicle:

“The manager rotates quite often, so you have to be ready each week and I’m just pleased to be back and playing for Newcastle .

“I was happy.”

“I knew I needed to manage myself through my first game back after not playing for a while, but I felt good.

“I felt like I did all right, so we’ll see what kind of team he picks on Saturday at Chelsea.”

“It’s a big point and it keeps us going.”

“At 2-0 down away from home, the lads showed fight and courage to come back and play such good football.”

“We got the point and we could have nicked it right at the end.”

Karl was very good for us last season in the Championship after he replaced Matz Sels with Rob Elliot being out injured for the vast majority of last season.

It seems Rafa wants a more commanding goalkeeper and he may bring one in during the summer or even in January?

There were more reports yesterday that Karl is surplus to requirements at Newcastle – we cannot fully understand it and Rafa also tried to sell him last summer to Middlesbrough.

The plan then was to bring in free agent Willy Caballero from Manchester City but it didn’t work out and he joined Chelsea instead.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM

Hey you Taaffee
    goatmouf fool stop pickin
    on de Roger he got Dsylckseea

• toontaff2

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Well, we know all the skewels are closed – they have no grit! 🙄

• bettyswallocks

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Jib……You really are a dyslexic, illiterate, mysogynistic, immigrant, Nancy boy, cross -dressing puff with no respect for ethnic minorities.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Jib…… Forgot to include drunken!

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Sweatyone
    Harsh
    but
    fair
    😀

• Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:13 AM

I don’t think Jib’s been drinking this morning.

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:14 AM

…and disabled. Keep up Betty 🙂

• bettyswallocks

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Jib…….. STFU you foreign , patronising sycophant.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Tsunki…Good to see the blog healing itself. Truly beautiful to watch.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Betty

Is homophobia not represented in the ”puff” comment too, or were you being ironic?

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM

This site is quite funny at times.

I didn’t even correct Catchy’s
    spelling per se just told him he’d
    spelled honourable the US way.

Then he whines about being
    dyslexic
    which if you think
    about it is really weird on a medium
    like a blog which depends on the written
    word.
    It’s a bit like a blind man complaining to
    the council that he keeps bumping into
    trees while jogging in the park.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:25 AM

Ibiza

We’re just having a bit of fun with the member of mensa called Roger. You know what mensa is right Roge?

• expatmag

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:26 AM

JIB

You couldnt correct a shyte……tosspot

• Rotonda heights

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:27 AM

jib

That’s a classic, fair play, as analogies go, that raised a chuckle.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Jib…I don’t see it being like that at all. It was you who felt the need to comment on his spelling, so surely it’s you whinging to the council that a blind man keeps running into trees?

“I didn’t correct his spelling”, “just told him he’d spelled honourable the US way”. You’re right, this site is quite funny at times.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Rotonda…I honestly feel many on this blog have lost sight of the difference between a wum and an opposing view.

Nothing to do with Roger. Not sure what else he could expect with his post, but that’s where my agreement starts and stops.

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Hi Ibiza I see you’ve been distancing yourself from recent mayhem 🙂

• bettyswallocks

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Rotunda……. Jib is a raving puff in his own right but seems very intolerant of others in his group.

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM

It’s a tricky minefield to negotiate now, political correctness. It’s good of course that we are dragged by our heels into showing overdue awareness to issues such as casual racism and poking fun at powerless minorities etc. But the tendency for some individuals to stick the pc knife into every perceived jibe in the quest for pious points scoring is head-shaking at times

When i was young(er) there used to be sick jokes floating around about starving Biafrans, the Irish, Asians, Black, all sorts of stuff rightly deplored these days. But some would like to take things to the nth degree in order to appear as pioneers of equality. Jokes about dyslexia revolving around the humorous arrangement of anagrams are hardly bone-breaking victimisation. Humour depends at some point on there being a focal point, a stooge, a fall-guy who can shrug off any perceived slight in the spirit of self-deprecation and even recognition of the humour of their flaws.

Some would appear to favour banning sarcasm and satire altogether, at this rate I wonder how long it will be before people are imprisoned for being “shortist”, “baldist”or “stupidist”?

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:33 AM

Tsunki…I have indeed. I’ve been re-evaluating. It doesn’t bode well I’m afraid.

What was that post about earlier? Jespers comment was as shameful as what he was commenting on? Are you for real?

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:34 AM

I think Mr Tuff may have it right
    about multiples but branding
    the wrong folk.
    Jesper gets a general slap off
    the blog for his twatishness
    Then
    Whoosh
    Ibiza who hasn’t been seen for ages
    pops up – very weird

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:35 AM

It’s a bit like like being in the presence of kids or drunken people…there’s always a little bit of truth meant in what they say. So either a small group of people here are just using any derogatory language or behaviour towards certain groups of people because that’s just who they are or they are quite frankly just being a deliberate WUM! Which is it?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM

I think the group should stand-up so we can all look at them and me amazed!

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Tsunki…An interesting topic for the blog, if everyone will permit it (as it’s not to do with football).

I actually agree with what you say in a lot of ways. However, over time, you start to learn how said humour impacts on certain people. It stops being funny and is nothing but bullying.

When I was younger isn’t a benchmark for anything other than you’re own nostalgia. I don’t think anyone is calling for a ban of anything, just a bit of understanding, perhaps some empathy? Possibly too much to ask of the internet.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:39 AM

betty

ok, got it.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Well said Tsunki……….If we diffuse potential inflammatory , sensitive issues with a bit of ribbing and banter it can only be for the better. Tiptoeing around on eggshells so as not to offend is not the answer in any walk of life.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Jib…Hypocrite in chief.

Not sure why you’d find that weird. I’ve not been posting as tbh, I’m finding the whole way the blog interacts completely pointless. I have in the past got myself dragged into some pretty pathetic squabbles with people on here, so have tried to stay away.

I have been reading though and felt like i wanted to say something. Not for the first time. If you want to use that as reason to call me a multiple, please feel free, it wont be impacting on my blogging or lack thereof.

It’s just this blog used to mean a lot to me, as I think it does to many people. I’m just saying my bit, as no doubt others will to. What will be, will be. I just find it all very sad that grown adults with a mutual love of something have to constantly act in this way. I get some find it fun, this is just a differing opinion.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Jib…what is twatishness?

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Betty…But what does the constant Danish jibes achieve? What is the issue that you’d be having to walk on egg shells about? That Jesper is Danish?

That certain people find him negative? Then say you think he’s being negative. What does poking fun at his nationality achieve? He thinks people are being xenophobic, that’s the reality of what is being achieved.

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM

JIB

I left school in 1989, and school was torcher for me, I had so many great things i want to write but couldnt, and the main reason was people like you, teachers and other kids make you feel stupid because you cannot spell or read very well and you write like a spider has walked across the page with ink on its feet.

the teachers used to say to me, Mr Catchpole you have a good brain why dont you use it, they just didnt understand how it all works. I remember most things and can answer things verbally, but pen and paper nooo, i have never done one peice of home work or never writen an essay in any lesson, name and date at the top of the page.

People with dyslexia are big picture thinkers, and see what a lot of other “normal people” struggle to see.
    approx 8% of the population have it, yet between 40-60 % of all selfmade millionairs have it. which says a lot, in fact its kind of a super power because you have an amazing creative side. the reason for this is becasue of the connections in the brain, normal people make short connections between the axons and neurons in the brain, Dyslexics have these but also have very long concetions between other parts of the brain.

I Was lucky at school becasue i was GREAT at sports, and thats where i got my confidence from.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Jesper…Being a tw@.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Ibiza…… Are you Jesper in disguise?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Betsy…It’s all about intent…you should now that wouldn’t you agree?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:47 AM

My hair colour is more of a shitty brown now in my twilight years but it used to be very blond until my late twenties. Would you hear me carry on about blond jokes the way people do about gingers, it is a joke ffs, taking the mick out of Colbacks flaming red hair is nothing else but. If he was any good it wouldn’t matter what colour hair he had.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Ibiza…would be great if JIb had the vocabulary to explain it a little bit further…I am not sure how it apply to me

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:48 AM

I better correct this one before someone corrects me first…

*now = know

• count

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Betty has the mental capacity of a limpet. Try not to be too hard on him.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:49 AM

So Charnley must have been dyslexic when he hired McLaren, or drunk, or both.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Betty…You tell me. No doubt you have a fitting picture.

Catchy…Have you looked into dyspraxia? My brother recently got diagnosed with it and it’s really helped him deal with some of the issues he faces. It goes much deeper than dyslexia and quite a few people have both.

1 2 3 6