Rafa Benitez Praises Player Completely Committed To Becoming Better At Newcastle

Matt Ritchie is one of Newcastle’s best players and when he a little off form it can tell on the results at Newcastle.

Matt hasn’t been at his best lately, but on Tuesday he was back to his top form and set up both of Newcastle’s goals.

His second assist came from his free-kick which we thought was expertly placed so it either went straight in our could get a deflection.

It got the latter, and our players celebrated a great comeback from being 2-0 down to get a vital point.

In fact, that point moves us up two places to 12th place in the league table – and that’s after we have a single point from the last 15 played for.

Matt Ritchie – had a good game on Tuesday night

We now need to get some wins by the end of this year.

Rafa Benitez doesn’t seem to be too worried about Matt who is a top-class professional at Newcastle and works his socks off on the field in games and in training.

This is what Rafa has said as reported in the Shields Gazette:

“I think with him we have a player that will give everything every game.”

“As I’ve said before, some players can play bad or well, but it’s not the main thing. It’s that they try and try to do well and try to improve if they make mistakes.”

“Ritchie’s someone that wants to improve, and I’m happy with that.”

“He did really well for us – he has been doing really well for us – but if he has one bad game, two bad games or three bad games, it doesn’t matter.”

“You have to improve, you have to change things, and that’s it. He’s a worker, so he’s working every day and he has to manage different situations in different ways.”

“He has to just keep going. We will keep coaching him properly, but I’m happy with his commitment.”

Matt broke his wrist in the 3-0 defeat against Watford, so he is wearing a cast on his right arm.

We’ll do well to get anything out of our trip to Stamford Bridge on Saturday – but it’s possible.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• SecretSausage

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM

I heard the other day the takeover is definitely happening and it may as well be unlimited funds once we’re underway. I’m told it’s very reliable info.
    Anyway, we now move onto a rumour which is that we could hear some big news tomorrow.
    I’m getting excited but still scared to fully commit.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Great little player for us I think he has got 7 or 8 assists this season already !? This is despite us having a bad run of form in which he has struggled a little

I think if we could get some better quality around him especially up front then I think he produce a lot more looked much better when Mitrovic came on as he could pass it and knew it would stick

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:15 PM

Ed as fans we can also see when effort is being put in, and this will be applauded and appreciated as it should be the bare minimum from any player.

I wont even Fault Joselu on his effort, My problem is not with his ability, as from what i have seen he has ability, my problem is with his confidence, his lack of confidence is spreading through the team. If Messy was in the team players would pass him the ball with 3 players on his toes and you would still bet on him coming out with the ball, Joselu could have 10 yards between him and the next player to him and right now id bet on the other player get the ball first.
    give him the perfect ball in the box with time and space to hit it and he swings and the ball hits his other foot. it tells me he needs taken out for his own good right now.

RAFA must see this too

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:20 PM

LCBP,
    I read on .com the other day that he’d assisted eight of our thirteen goals. It was just before someone had posted “and why Rafa keeps picking Ritchie!!!”

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:20 PM

And Rouise is at the wheel with his/her foot on accerolater!

Ibiza

It’s just that so many are so many discussions turn turn into slanging contests and the protagonists just won’t let go.

I’m all for healthy discussion and even arguments and at times a few insults they are sometimes amusing but it often turns into more than that.

Few people seems to know when to think OK I may have gone to far there and as I said put the shovel down and stop digging.

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Jail

surely a winger is only as good as the forwards he supplies ?.

i rate him and have never once faulted him in any of our games, and others should also share the burden of scoring and creating.

its just sad most of his assists are from set plays

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:28 PM

@Jail and Catchy

Its just as well we have Richie as we would pretty much be dead and buried without his set pieces this season I have noticed in games recently where he has had a shot rather than pass it to a striker and I think this is more to do with confidence in his team mates being able to finish the chances

Was expecting more from Shelvey this season as well can hardly even remember him testing the keeper with a shot yet and he only has 1 assist

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:29 PM

On Darlow (or Karlow as Sky were calling him the other night…) I really don’t know why Elliot displaced him anyway. If we are striving to put away that hoof upfield from the keeper surely passing to defenders can’t be Karl’s weakness?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM

Essex…it is just that it’s so easy saying “it was all in good fun” when the spot light is turned back on those who claim it’s all in good fun and people are either just to touchy or pc!

…clearly when some people are having some “innocent” derogatory fun on other people’s expenses!

If it’s so important to those people to keep the blog running, then maybe they just like all of us should stay clear of content and language that would raise a red flag anywhere else in the society!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM

As Ritchie was placing the ball for the free kick I was willing him just to drive it straight into the box, I also just before the Clarke goal opened a can of Guinness which has worked for us before so I’m glad to have done my share towards getting that draw. I was going to open another one but the ref whistled for time, so sorry for that chaps I will try to do better for the Chelsea game for which I’ve predicted a win for us.

• DubaiMicky

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:31 PM

Jib, I agree but he’s not interested, he’s made his empire, the sons are the rivals – and one is always trying to get one over on his sibling – it’s what they do here.

Anyway, let’s see – both of them make Ashley look like a pauper – and they have ready cash.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:32 PM

Catchy…No joy with the email. Will have to set up another and let you know. Shame, lost a fair few emails and contacts on there.

Essex…Agreed, but that isn’t really what I asked 🙂 Was it everyone involved then? At some point we all just need to let it rest, but the topic today (for me) wasn’t just a matter of a difference of opinion, but how we address differences of opinion. It’s like groundhog day on here. Which I get has also been said a million and one times on here 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:35 PM

Tsunki…We can agree there. I’m not sure why Darlow lost out in the first place. Not that I have a big issue with Elliot, but I do prefer Darlow and he’s clearly got time on his side too.

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM

Ibiza

c4tchy@yahoo.co.uk

try send me one when you sort it out 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM

Ibiza

Yeah I get it, 🙂

I’ll heart your comment.

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Micky
    Aye I’ve just seen
    Majid is worth $11billion ffs
    The 2nd richest individual in the middle east

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:41 PM

can anyone remember ian woan smashing a free kick against us from the same area richie did

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:41 PM

I always wondered why Darlow felled from grace…the way he did!

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Essex…Thanks, I don’t feel so heartless anymore 🙂

In light of the point of your post, I wont beat to death who you actually meant. Maybe.

Catchy…Cheers. I’ll drop you a line.

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:45 PM

That’s nearly 2 billion more than Abramovich

• Macas

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM

Darlow made a number of awful mistakes last season and never commanded his area. I agree

• DubaiMicky

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM

Jib,

Which makes me think why would he need 2 other partners? Maybe it’s just him?

Funny isn’t it his cousin (not brother, my mistake, same paternal grandfather who had many wives), who runs the stealerships is worth “only” $4billion.

Bloody pauper LOL

• Average_Contents

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM

Ibiza

You know me, I don’t beat around the bush and fcuk no to the heating ya cheeky twat.

Sat in my car waiting on the lads to finish up on the sidings mate, bored sh1tless lol.

Kids are good. Lads just started muay Thai, thinks he’s van damme the little sh1t.

Obviously soft shite drives the kids everywhere but there are advantages, namely all the fit mums. Perverts paradise lol

• Macas

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM

*Elliot didn’t convince against Man U but was surprised to see him getting stick for the Yedlin own goal against Watford, no keeper would have saved that.

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM

looking forward to it 🙂

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:53 PM

said it the other day.. we should play woodman instead of both these 2. both are not top level keepers. the kid is 20, won more than both the other 2 so he is used to big games, he will learn fast

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Just reread my own comment 5, think I may just have evaded the grammar police.

Better keep it quiet though.

• Frank pingles come sock

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:01 PM

DubaiMicky

Is there any indication of if this will go through

Obviously if you guys are ahead in terms of what’s going on there might be a better indication of what’s happening now ?

• DubaiMicky

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Frank,

Who knows, but the guy I heard it from was involved in a (sadly failed) attempt to buy out Ashley a few years back.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Catchy…You’ll learn to regret that 🙂

AC…Oh come on now, don’t be so bloody cheap!

Sat on your backside…what a shocker!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:04 PM

Darlow did dominate his area on Saturday, the commentator actually said that during the match.

Thing is is that he’s still young for a GK and still learning and more importantly has a good reaction reflex.

Elliot is and has been a good (but not great GK) but seems to have lost his reaction speed.

There’s no contest for the GK spot and imo Darlow will become a very good one given his chances.

• Macas

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:12 PM

Essex – I agree about Elliot not looking as sharp as he did before his big injury, but I have serious doubts about Darlow being good enough.

• Frank pingles come sock

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:13 PM

Cheers

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM

I hope I havent started anything last night with my highlighting of Jibs indiscretion, I can actually remember piping up several times during my blogging sabbatical when I thought some of the flack coming Jibs way was out of order also.

It used to be a great place to interact with other toon fans in days gone by when Ibiza regularly posted, Jesper didn’t have to be on the defensive on most occasions and catchy had passionate mofo rantings that tickled me greatly.

The name calling during disagreements or starting to pipe up when there’s backing from the rest of ones clique appear online are pitiful to say the least.

I hope this comes to an end with Jib realising the errors of his way makes an apology and moves on.

By the way Jib, I’ve no beef with you as I stated last night, I just don’t like bullying and that’s what you appeared to be at with Catchy.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Repost.
    Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM

The dangers of allowing tossers to post their tosh and ill informed blockhead theories.
    We now hear that cancer is not a disease.
    I’d better send an email to Cancer Research UK and inform them of this – they’ve been calling it a disease for years. Silly Billys’.

• catchy in norway

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Ibiza

i promise i won’t 😉

Lascelles

thank you , but i’m not expecting anything from him, he doesn’t see that it’s wrong what he has done.

to me it shows the level of man he is, and how challenged he is.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Will we be sold, will we not be sold.

Wyrd bið ful aræd

• Jib

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Mr Tuff
    You pitiful wretch
    Dear god do you have to do
    your childish points scoring
    arguing over poor Dr Harrison’s
    ailments.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Nice try Jib to try to twist someone else’s ignorance as me commenting/arguing on Ed’s health. You are a despicable fellow.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:54 PM

There were instances earlier today when the word touché was used which I thought was quite inappropriate for this blog.

When I hear the word touché I immediately think of aristocrats or gentlemen (like myself) settling an argument with grace and good manners following the thrust of the rapier or foil.

However, most on here will not subsrcibe to such gentelmanly conduct or even the use of such fine instruments of fencing. I would assume the weapons of choice on here would be the cosh or blackjack (produced from an inside pocket), the knuckleduster (slipped on unobtrusively) or the stiletto (slipped down from a sleave of the users shell suit). There would be no shouts of touché – but utterings like “take that you c**t or “stitch that you t**t”.

I emplore you fellows to desist from using this word in vain.

(Jib – save you a Google search – I have listed some items above which are weapons. You will notice I have mentioned a stiletto – this is a knife and not the stilettos you probably possess.)