Newcastle’s Star Player Looking Forward To Playing At Chelsea

Mikel Merino is one of the most popular players at Newcastle, and the 21-year-old has quickly proved what a great player he can become for the Magpies.

Merino was signed permanently for about £7M from Borussia Dortmund, and we missed him when he was injured during our four-game losing streak.

The fact is we are a much better team when Mikel is playing with his strong physical midfield presence and his passing ability.

He’s a player who is always looking to drive Newcastle forward and is an excellent technical player who Rafa thinks will become a full Spanish International.

While Mikel was growing up in Spain, he idolized top Spanish players like Cesc Fabregas, who is likely to be challenging Mikel in the midfield tomorrow.

Mikel Merino – in action at West Brom

Mikel cannot believe he will be playing against Fabregas tomorrow and thinks it will be like playing in a video game.

This is what the talented youngster, with that terrific temperament and attitude, has said as reported in the Northern Echo today:

“Chelsea have some great Spanish players,”

“They have great players all over the field, but it is obviously the Spanish players that I know most about and have grown up watching.”

“I am looking forward to playing against Fabregas – he has been a great player for Spain and in the Premier League.”

“For a player like me, who is young and playing my first matches as a professional, it is incredible to play against someone like Cesc Fabregas.”

“You feel like you are in a film or a video game. It is amazing to be able to play against one of these players, but it makes me even more determined to improve myself so I can fight with them.”

“I want to show that I am at the same level they are, and deserve to be playing against them. Why not? Why not try to eventually get better than them?”

“My mentality is that I always want to try to get on the ball, even if it is at a difficult stage of the game,”

“That is the way I have always played – I always want to get more touches of the ball, and I always want to play hard and strong, with intensity.”

“This is the mentality we have to have.”

Newcastle were much better on Tuesday night at the Hawthorns when Mikel was back in the side.

And hopefully, he can make a difference at Stamford Bridge in what is one of our most difficult fixtures of the season.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:57 AM

BETTY

Not far off mate. I got my own fannie so to speak, Russian version and 22 years younger than me who knows how to serve…..lol……pass me another prawn pet

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM

HOBBIT

My goodness mate. I didnt get here until 1979 and the 5 oclock swill was long gone. We have become so much more civilised since and have a better class of alcoholic now……lol

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Hibbit

Apologies……not hobbit

• catchy in norway

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:28 AM

i think the peski Russians are interfering with the take over. god dam them

• toonincheek

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM

expat,

Your post at #1 above is a disgrace.

Have you no shame?

Can you not give a thought to those still in the northeast?
    Bo**ocks freezing?

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Cheek

Not at all.mate. You set your stall out, you take your chances…….for you lot, freezing is a part of life

For us lot, we just like reminding you lot of that…..lol

By the way…….1 up in the Ashes…….too easy

• Rotonda heights

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:59 AM

Australia

Expensive lifestyle

Living in Australia is more expensive compared to the US. It was named in 2015 as the world’s most expensive country. The house prices in big cities seem to be quite high. Sydney was ranked in 2015 as one of the most expensive places worldwide for a weekend getaway due to exorbitant hotel room prices. The price of food and utilities has risen dramatically over recent years and shows little sign of slowing. Most of the items sold in Australia are more expensive compared to the US. Food, branded clothing, home appliances and even cars are expensive. The food is two times as much in Australia comparing to the US and decent town house can cost you 500 thousand dollars.
    Expensive health care insurance

The private insurance is expensive in Australia. Also, ambulance services are not covered by Medicare hence a disadvantage when emergence arise

High skin cancer rates and obesity rates

The obesity rate is increasing in Australia and showing no sign of reducing. In addition, skin cancer rates in Australia are among the highest in the world due to high exposure to UV radiation sunlight.

Education is expensive

Education in fees in some of the private institutions is quite expensive for families. Without Australian residency, international students are hit with high tuition fees.

Travelling

Public transport in Australia costs more than anywhere else. Moving from one state to another can be quite costly and time-consuming Travelling from Sydney to Melbourne can take you around 10 hours but with a flight is one hour. Also, gas prices vary dramatically as you travel to rural areas.

Alienation

In Australia, sometimes you may feel alienated from everything. Australia is far from everywhere. It’s especially problematic for those who migrated from Europe or America’s. Time difference does not make life easier if you want to have a chat with your family on the other part of the world. The Australian cities are spaced so far apart that you may find yourself driving a half of a day to get to another city.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:06 AM

ROTUNDA

Yes, it is reasonably expensive but not compared to the UK where our salaries are infinitely higher.

Sydney is very expensive but Melbourne, which incidently, has been voted the worlds most liveable city for the 5th year in a row, is not expensive in comparison.

Health insurance is expensive but you only pay for what you get.

I was in the UK a couple of years ago. I found petrol, supetmarket purchases, food in restaurants, alcohol all infinitely more expensive than here in Oz.

As for property prices, they are high here although in comparison to the UK, not by much.

• hibbit

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:10 AM

Rotonda heights that’s a depressing read maybe it time to come home ??

heavy snow yesterday heavy sleet and rain this morning temperature 2 degrees prices going up almost daily and Britex just round the corner ??

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Hibbit

He has grossly over stated many of these issues and clearly has not spent time in Oz.

I have luved here now for 38 years and there is no way in hell I would return to the UK to live.

• hibbit

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:13 AM

expatmag
    i was last in oz in 79 in the port of Darwin

• Jib

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:24 AM

We seem with Merino Ritchie and the rest to
    have the start of a good squad
    especially this guy

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Hibbit

Nice city and greatly improved since 79

You wouldnt recognise it now

• Rotonda heights

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:38 AM

expat

I didn’t mention all the poisonous animals too!

I’m just pulling your plonker. I’d be somewhere like Oz or Spain in a heartbeat if I had the choice. I hate just hibernating for 6 months of the year

It’s just Sheila ‘indoors wouldn’t let me go for longer than a holiday!!!

I was born in Tanzania in the 60’s and when they got independence my dad and other ex-pat families had the choice of going to Oz, Saint Lucia or the UK. I still haven’t forgiven him and we still get post cards from the other families who moved to Oz saying it’s 90 on the beach in February !!

• martoon

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Jib @12 – Interesting Lacelles says he has a broken foot – I don’t think I’ve seen that anywhere before?

• Rotonda heights

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Jib

Lascelles does come across as an impressive indvidual on and off the field and quite an inspired choice as captain

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:58 AM

On about expensive just read that the London Mayor and the tax payer has had to bail out The Olympic Stadium to the tune of £20 million after this bunch of tossers rented it out on the cheap to there buddies than own West Ham
    Deserved to be relegated

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:04 PM

Rotunda

Mate…all the “nasties” here is all part of the fun. You should come out here. I could take you swimming with of Great White Sharks……an absolute sight never to be matched……and we have some big buggers down here too

• DubaiMicky

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:05 PM

@Charlie, The Golds must have thought what a result they got a brand new stadium for free in effect, sold the old ground, lined their pockets – and the or of London (who is worse than inept but hugely corrupt too), still pays the bill?

Now if everything is above board I’ll have Sunderland Association Football Club tattooed on my dick.

In big letters.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM

ROTUNDA

In fact, bring JIB with you. We can use him for bait……..lol

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Dubai
    The whole Olympic Stadium debacle stinks – got Boris muddy fingerprints all over it

• catchy in norway

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Norway is a strange country, its seems expensive, but some things are not that bad really.

houses in the city are expensive, but houses in the country side are quite cheap.

cars start of about twice the price, but the old the car gets, it gets more expensive compared to equivalents in Germany and uk,a 6 year old car ais about 3 or 4 times the equivalent.

fuel is a little more than the uk

furniture, white goods and electronics are not much more than they are in the uk .

food choices in the supermarket is not good, and food is quite expensive,, but thats because at least 1/3 gets thrown out.

clothes are expensive to, but shops like H&M keep them down.

the language though, jesus, thats quite difficult because of dialects, here were i live, potatoes are called jord eple (earth apple) but every where else its a potet. Ja means yes but here they say jow. its crazy talking to the older guys, its like propa pit yaker lol

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Half day Friday and the only thing that’s cold is the beer!

Still in a t-shirt, not even cold yet in the Toon!

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:36 PM

I’m having a BBQ this afternoon. Suns out get the burger buns out!

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Expat

100% those great whites would turn down the bait. Some say the smellier the better but in this case…

• catchy in norway

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM

my wife works in a supermarket and gets 197kr an hour, which is 17,56 pound PH

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM

Shire- any more info ?

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Oh and I hope you choke on those king prawns you twat. Smileypooface

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Interesting comments from Chelsea fans about Rafa in the mag :

“When he gets his starting tactics right his team’s are hard to beat but when he doesn’t they are seriously vulnerable because he doesn’t react well in game at all.’”

A few of them saying they will be abusing Rafa from the first minute hopefully he gets his tactics correct and we get a result !

• DubaiMicky

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM

At least the Aussies have “Kevin Bloody Wilson”, That f*c*i* cat’s back…. Or for now – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af7LwnA913g

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Frank
    Nothing at the minute

• Dragon64

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Shire
    Same here in sunny Dipton suns out bbq time snow nd burgers shorts and tee shirt loll

• Rotonda heights

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:48 PM

LCBP

Have to say i like the way chelsea played when rafa was there.
    i think a lot of their fans were won over when he won that europa league and got them 3rd in the league, taking over when they were struggling.

Plenty of people seem to want to continually slag off rafa, but won’t give him any credit whatsoever for anything

• Mindshaft

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Got some friends who moved to Sydney and they hate it, they are looking to move to Melbourne as soon as they can find a job – wages in Sydney are on below London but house rentals are actually higher, by the time you take healthcare etc into account you are worse off – I was there in the summer and they brought out some stupid law where bars have to stop serving alcohol at 01:00 a.m.
    I like Australia as a country but those aussies are worse than the worst charvers

• hibbit

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Rotonda heights @33

that’s definitely an affliction a lot on here have bought into

• Little h

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:56 PM

I’m ginger and paralyzingly scared of spiders so Australia sounds like Guantanamo bay to me… loving the winter conditions in the lake district… only time of the year my species take our tops off bring on the artic winds!!!

• catchy in norway

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM

Rotonda

thats very unfair, he gets huge credit for getting us back with the first attempt, and up until about 4 matches ago he also got huge credit for how tight we were, he gets huge credit for his dialog with the fans BUT the guy dropped Mbemba who was doing a great job at LB, so great that people were saying maybe he should stay there, but no he gets dropped for inferior players, and this love affair he seems to have with Joselu makes no sense at all, he has even changed the shape of the team to try and support him to no affect, when he brings on Mitrovic we look a different team. and for this he deserves to be called out on.

Sorry if you want to treat him like a god, i just dont understand that. esp from you

• Mindshaft

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM

Anyway I can’t see us getting anything out of Chelsea game but hoping we can somehow scrape a very lucky 0-0

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM

@Rotonda

I actually thought Chelsea were good to watch that season under him it made me hopeful that if we could get him cash for players similar to Mata we would be great under him

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM

Dame Edna Everidge was a top Sheila.

Canny looking burd