Newcastle Get Luton Town At Home In FA Cup 3rd Round

Newcastle last won the FA Cup 62 years ago when we took Manchester City apart 3-1 at Wembley and maybe we can win it again next May?

And tonight we have been given a decent draw against Luton Town at home and a good chance to get through to the fourth round.

Luton are currently top of League Two with 41 points from their first 20 games so they are a decent team and they will be confident of an upset.

Middlesbrough have drawn Sunderland at home and Liverpool have drawn Everton at home and they are two of the plum draws and both local derbies

Ties will be played from 5-7 January 2018.

Here is the full draw for the FA Cup 3rd round.

Ipswich Town v Sheffield United
Newcastle United v Luton Town
Millwall v Barnsley
Fulham v Southampton
Wycombe Wanderers v Preston North End
Norwich City v Chelsea
Gillingham or Carlisle United v Sheffield Wednesday

What do you think of this draw?

• c-dog

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:27 PM

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Somebody predicted this earlier in the day! Amazing!

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:32 PM

And yes I am wearing my Thong of Gloom and will continue to wear it until we get a win! I don’t care how long it takes and there will be no giving in to family whinging! And that’s final….. Harrumph!

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:33 PM

Middlesbrough vs Sunderland! Hee hee!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:35 PM

YoungMag

Never read a comic in your life, blimey I was bought up on them.

Wizard, Hotspur, Rover, Eagle to name but a few.

And (you should never start a sentence with an and) they were full length stories to begin with a good weeks reading.

You don’t know what you have missed out on. 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:37 PM

We’re going to fong Luton for the sweet Baby Jesus. It might as well already be in the books lads!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:37 PM

Should have had a comma after with.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:37 PM

I loved the comics as well Essex mate. Once we left England my aunt mailed them to me for years.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:38 PM

G2

I certainly hope so we owe them a good thrashing for The Heed’s sake.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Our top goal scorers will feast on Luton. Prepare yourselves for an amazing score line lads.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Well said Bill. It’s a sure thing.

• sing in the corner

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:40 PM

(Old) Posada has figured out time travel folks.

…Said an hour before the draw that we would draw Luton at home.
    That is outrageous !
    🙂

• GeordieTwo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM

We now wait anxiously for your prognostication posada mate. What will the final score be?

• c-dog

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM

Wish shire and hibbit were as god damn accurate

• posada

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:44 PM

I have the numbers for Tuesdays Euro Millions.
    As usual I won’t be buying a ticket as money corrupts.

I know who will be buying the club and will be making a big announcement about that at 10am tomorrow morning.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Posada

Nip ahead and get Fridays lottery numbers please, cheers mate!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:45 PM

Aah you got in before me there!! 😉

• jane

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:45 PM

“We will draw Luton Town at home in the cup.”

respect!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:48 PM

I buy tickets for altruistic reasons as a lot of it goes on good causes, I’d take a chance on the corruption aspect although at my age I’m probably beyond that possibility now. 🙂

• YoungMag :P

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:49 PM

I was brought up in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. Not sure if comics were that popular then. I don’t remember reading any anyways.

I do remember reading those Roger rabbit books though.

Posada

That is creepy my dude.

• kimbo

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Ashley’s £20million bonus is safe then.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:53 PM

YoungMag

2000AD, Judge Dredd, my son used to get them, still does and I still read them, brilliant stories and artwork.

Don’t think I’ll ever grow up! 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:05 PM

Did you get a new thing of doom for your birthday GT mate? 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:11 PM

*thing = thong

• lesh

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Essex

By the soonds of it, yi wa well off. Yi musta had that many comics thi wa even in the netty! Mind, thi wa hard ti read if the lantern went oot iv a winters neet.

Happy days

• Bambams

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Clattenburg didn’t come across very well there at all…..

Maybe he should of been a little wiser and said nothing, surely he would of realised it would cause controversy .

#limelight

• YoungMag :P

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Lesh

That was ridiculously difficult to read haha.

Essex

You say I missed out but I mean, I grew up watching movies and being outside. I still to this day hate reading, even if it is a book with pictures lol.

Having said that, I do spend quite a lot of time reading on here. Which is odd.

• Tinman

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:37 PM

‘Ahhh well, you know, we have players, not many players. We try hard. We want to win the cup, of course. But you know our squad, it’s not the size of Huddersfield, Burnley or Swansea you know… So ahhh, we tried hard. But today not enough. Well done Luton, they play with heart today…”

• Binney

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM

Can’t help but think that these last few poor results have slowed down the take over due to a real possible chance of getting relegated. If only due diligence was done a month earlier I think a deal would have been compleeted before now.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:11 PM

Binney,
    The situation will be truly hopeless if this doesn’t happen, I honestly don’t know what his casino gambling is like but he’s shite at gambling with us, an extra 20M spent in the summer and listening to Rafa’s advice would have seen us comfortably mid table by now with the take over conditions firmly in his hands, now whoever’s buying can make him squirm and play the long game. Idiot!!!

• Binney

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:20 PM

Totally agree, if we don’t get taken over we are going down. Extremely anxious times. News of a take over before Saturday’s game could really lift the roof at SJP and push on for a well needed 3 points. Here’s hoping…

• Binney

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM

A small peice of Sky earlier on the take over. Not sure who he is or his credibility. It’s anyone’s guess what’s going on behind the scenes.

• jane

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:27 PM

if the club is sold in January who pays for January transfers, Ashley or the buyer? this could be built into the negotiations but that is additional complexity. if the sale is therefore going to be completed before January to avoid this it will have to be announced soon.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM

Binney,
    It’s all hard to bear, we lose everything if he doesn’t sell, he loses a few hundred million, he won’t have to sell a jet or a mansion and won’t affect where he goes on holiday next year 🙁 . To make matters worse there are some goons on here who are intent on seeing Tony Pulis installed as manager.

• Binney

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:39 PM

I dread to think the calibre of manager who will be here next season if we go down. Clowns like Nigel Pearson would be the best we could hope for. RAFA will be away and who could blame him? I sense if this deal falls through he could walk by January.

Is Mike Ashley stupid enough to mess this deal up for himself, the club and the whole city of Newcastle? The answer is YES.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:40 PM

YoungMag

Aye it’s a bit like a kiddies comic on here at times. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:40 PM

Nap time!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Lesh

As it happens we did have an ootside loo, but couldn’t afford a lantern, had to make do with candles.

I bought my comics with my paper round money.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:43 PM

Phew, better make that a double nap.