Here’s One Positive Opinion Of Manager Rafa Benitez

Adam Armstrong is on loan to Bolton probably for the full season, and so far in 21 games played for the Trotters, he has scored 3 goals.

Armstrong has not been playing in his usual position of striker but has been used on the left wing by Bolton manager Phil Parkinson.

Bolton have got themselves out of the bottom three and are now in 4th bottom place in the Championship with a good fighting chance of remaining in the Championship this season.

In their last 9 games, they have 3 wins and 5 draws and only one defeat – at league leaders Wolves.

Adam Armstrong – in action against Leeds

Last Saturday they beat Barnsley 3-1 and that’s a (very) good 14 points from 9 games.

Adam Armstrong has been talking about his Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez in the Bolton official matchday program – this is what the local lad had to say:

“Rafa is a brilliant manager who has worked with some of the best players in the world.”

“He’s just got a presence when he is stood in front of you, you can’t help but be taken in by.”

“He’s a tactical genius and I see a lot of him in the gaffer here (Phil Parkinson).”

“There really isn’t too much of a difference in terms of their management styles and, having worked under him for a few months now, I’m loving it.”

“Nobody knows what the future holds or what might happen in January but all I can do is keep kicking on, working hard and giving my all for Bolton.”

“It was great to get that first league goal under my belt a couple of weeks ago against Norwich too.”

“I had felt that was coming for a while, even with me playing on the left. It’s not what I am used to but it has been working well in recent weeks.”

With not doing particularly well in his last two loan spells at Barnsley last season (6 goals in 34 appearances) and at Bolton this season, it’s probably doubtful Rafa Benitez will give him a chance in the Newcastle first team next season.

But Adam could still start scoring those goals for Bolton, so it’s premature to know what his Newcastle future is.

We hope Adam can make it at his hometown club – his contract runs out in June 2020.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:58 PM

Bambams

sit on it till you’re comfortable with telling folk
    by far the best way

• Bambams

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM

Hibbit

I have just spoken with my source, they are happy to state:

Mega, MEGA wealthy from Middle East and made money from oil.
    Add to that they are Royalty

Gents I have shared what I was told at 0900hrs on 07/12/17

I was informed at 1500hrs on 07/12/17 I could share with ‘mates’

Please keep this off Twitter and other social sites !

I have been 100% honest with you, I can vouch for the professionalism of my source – his source I cannot.
    But bearing in mind he is a family member …..I am happy to believe.

You can believe this or disbelieve it matters not to me. If I was on the other side I would be asking the same as Ancient and Others.

Let’s hope this happens !

• AncientC

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:13 PM

Good on you, Bambams. Thanks for sharing.

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM

Bambams thank you

Middle East Royalty made money from oil mega wealthy

that should make for an interesting night !!!

can anyone think of any candidates ???

• Rotonda heights

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:21 PM

Ancient

” just be able to pay for good advice and install capable people to run the club day-to-day.”

If only the fat man had applied that advice from the start. somehow couldn’t see staveley appointing a jfk once, let alone twice!.
    — – – – –
    Dubai Mickey was saying he had an idea who it may be

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:26 PM

AC, my answer to you went on the previous thread, do you want me to repeat it?

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:27 PM

Sultan of Brunei

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:31 PM

bob welcome on board
    great first post very intesting

• Ron Knee

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Brunei is in South-East Asia.

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:32 PM

interesting

• AncientC

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:35 PM

cleveleysbob, yes, got the reply after you alerted me to it. I see your point.

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Ancient and Hibbit,
    Thanks for the welcome and nice comments, was a bit nervous about sticking my head above the parapet, it can get a bit steamy on here!!?

• ashleysmate

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Frank#7
    The Sultan eh?…now there’s some meat to get your teeth into.
    As our possible fortunes are jumping from Ashley, to Stavely, then back again…..does that make us the Sultans of swing…… (well, I had nowt better to do)

• Wayayman

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:42 PM

Yep nice one Bambams, and thanks Bob for that earlier post.

Bambams I guess the real question is wether your source knows where they are at re the negotiations?

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Ashleysmate,
    made me chuckle, thanks for that, always nice to get a laugh on a lousy winters day.

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Wayayman,
    Cheers.

• Bambams

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:47 PM

Wayayman

I posted that earlier. No idea mate.

I was only told they knew who the backer was.

Timeframes of the takeover is Shire, Hibbit and Sparky remit …

Haha

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Bambams,

I hope this is right, I’ll probably wet myself with the anticipation of our potential future.?????

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:51 PM

It appears my attempts to be clever with emojis turn into question marks, C’est la vie!

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:52 PM

cleveleysbob

it will just be nice to have a future

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:53 PM

Hibbit,

Amen to that!

• Bambams

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:53 PM

cleveleysbob

Mate that will make a lot of fans happy. I was concerned sharing to be honest in case it caused someone grief. But he was ok with it.

I just hope his source is accurate, but if you can’t trust family who can you trust.

• JackButler

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Raffa and Pardew to battle it out for loan signing of Danny Ings.

Well Danny, do you want to play for a proven, massively respected manager

Or

A bang average market trader?

• Bambams

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM

At least we know why Rafa is hanging around !

• JackButler

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Bambams, you little tease you, if that is correct even the most dour, glass half empty, sky falling in blogger will be forced to crack a smile before getting back doom mongering lol

• Online Guy

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Late last night I told you of the man in the sand …and the sons of the man in the sand .

Nasser Al Khorafi family. Back of my mind I think Nasser tried to buy Liverpool, deal was all but done and he pulled out at the eleventh hour ..got to watch for that..

I’m told that they consider a football club as a plaything .. The Lavish Palaces come first..then the Yacht) then the footie team. Check his sons out ..fingers in lots of pies..Disgustingly rich.

The Fatha was into oil wells , owned a few ..the sons and a daughter now have all the Money..

• cleveleysbob

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Bambams,

I suppose that depends on your family, there are a couple in mine, I wouldn’t trust with my neighbours hamster, if they had one!

• Online Guy

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Nasser pegged.

• ashleysmate

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Great if the Sultan info is true….BUT…I can’t imagine him wanting to share his space with the Chinese ..can anyone?

• Jib

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:06 PM

• Bambams

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:11 PM

JackButler

It all fits when you think about it.

Stavely connections in the Middle East, Ash holding out for more, Rafa obviously knows the score and will know he will be backed, possibly even the ‘other’ bidders dropping out knowing they can’t match.

Time will tell if this is accurate, I always think it’s a good sign when sources allow you to tell what they know.

Again though time will tell

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:12 PM

just an odd little stat that might amuse some of our number crunchers about these face to face meetings

the venue
    tea/coffee
    light lunch
    £740+vat per meeting

and it’s the club that’s paying

• Online Guy

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:14 PM

The Sultan of Brunei once bought Newcastle United a luxury coach …by that I don’t mean a Football coach…I mean a Bus. I Recall KK taking the entertainers out there and possibly was a thanks for that from his Royal Highness ..

Little seeds…

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Online Guy

that coach sat at KK place by the golden gates at Wynyard for years never moved Kevin moved and it was gone often wondered what happened to it

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Yes your right it was a £250,000 coach but they couldn’t ship it over as they couldn’t get it insured.

All the players got £30,000 diamond encrusted watches and were guests of his during their pre season tour under Keegan

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:25 PM

It never got shipped over 100% due to insurance reasons ( I was a 16 year old YTS at the club) during this period and saw all the gifts they got from the sultan

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:27 PM

Darren peacock got a diamond encrusted huge mirror

• Slank

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:28 PM

If the hidden buyer is mega rich then he would have no qualms about paying Ashley’s asking price.

If Ashley knows who it is, which is a strong possibility, then the price will not drop moreover it could rise as there aren’t that many Premiership clubs up for sale and there are a lot of very rich arabs who are vain enough to buy a club as a trophy toy.

• hibbit

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:31 PM

The Sultan of Brunei already has business interests in newcastle he owns a large portion of northumberland street

honestly don’t see him as the buyer

• Bambams