Upbeat Newcastle Fans Swarm To Twitter – Takeover Deal Now Likely But Will Take Time

Newcastle fans have flocked to Twitter today after the news in the Sun that a successful meeting was held between Amanda Staveley and Mike Ashley on Wednesday night at the Paradise Indian restaurant in Hampstead.

The meeting was arranged by businessman Richard Desmond and we assume Amanda paid the bill.

But here’s a caution – nothing has yet been agreed and it will take at least another two months to close the deal – if it is to go through.

After some negative articles recently what the meeting does show is that both parties are very serious to make a deal.

And at the end of the dinner, Richard Desmond was pictured leaving the restaurant.

Richard Desmond – seems happy enough at the outcome

Here are some comments from Newcastle fans – they seem happy enough too!

Here’s the Sun article.

And finally words from Kevin Keegan.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Must be a top curry house, that bloke looks chuffed, or maybe he stuck Ashley with the bill

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Jazzy

With both parties meeting like this in the business world it’s fantastic, deals are mostly done by 3 people and most times without the owner, lawyers, accountants and negotiators are the first at the scene to get everything out the way and agree on a price, then simply after a deal is agreed the owners or representatives usually hold a meeting which in this case a meal ?

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Sorry there should a . After owners lol

• Our Toon

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Excellent news, looks and sounds positive. I’d imagine the fit and proper test will take longer than most believe it will. It doesn’t just come down to money. With different investors it’ll take longer. Let’s have a bid accepted though

• hibbit

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:41 AM

NezzaNUFC

the legal team have been meeting 2/3 times a week for the last 3 weeks is this the kind of thing you would expect ???
    there’ another meeting today

• Our Toon

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:43 AM

On Ings he’s not played a competitive game in over 2 years. Has had 2 serious injuries, the ings of Burnley would of been decent signing but the ings of today is a massive gamble

• hibbit

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:46 AM

so the key now is who the buyer is, and their history ??

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Hibbit

Yes there’s always plenty of meetings in any deal as to why owners leave it to the pros to sort everything out.

The meeting today could be the signed, sealed and delivered process which everything with be signed on the dotted line 🙂

• Our Toon

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Hibbit

Spot on, have to say o was starting to have doubts but this meeting has me buzzing. Hopefully a bid can be accepted before the new year and then we can find out the identity of the buyer!!

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:54 AM

If all good today Amanda will probably bring in her representative probably next week to look at the club from inside out and maybe the same week or the week after either the owners or the selected chairmen will meet and greet the press and fans for full confirmation.

• Bambams

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:57 AM

Hibbit

I have an action out now to get the name of the buyer. I am pretty sure I know who it is but don’t want to post on here if it’s not the one I believe it is.

I should know in about an hour….if they are happy for me to share it.

I always seek permission

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Hibbit and our toon

Think of it this way guy’s.

Mike is a gambler as we all know but he only takes risks behind the scenes but when he’s out in the open he serious about dealings and this meeting means he’s serious 😉

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Bambams

I heard the gentlemen is apparently in the top 5 riches people in Dubai?

I could be wrong though.

• Bambams

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Nezza

If it’s who I think it is…..

Not many richer, if any !

I am getting g carried away here, grinning from ear to ear.

Just give me some time. I know he has been asked if ok to name the backer. I am waiting to hear

• ashleysmate