Rafa Benitez To Have Transfer Meeting With Owner Mike Ashley Soon

Rafa Benitez has drawn up two lists of players for the January transfer window.

And which players he goes after in January will be decided by Mike Ashley and how much of Newcastle’s money he will invest at that time.

About  £19M net was spent in the summer to bring in six players – so you would have to think there is money available – it’s whether Ashley will release the funds.

Rafa Benitez must be under a lot of stress with everything that’s going on at the moment.

He doesn’t know how much money he will have in January or if and when we could have a new owner.

But the manager is very good at doing his job; he has a great work ethic and seems to love coaching players.

At least one of these gentlemen could soon be leaving Newcastle United

The Spaniard will keep his players concentrating on their jobs – playing good football in training and in the matches – and always giving 100%.

Rafa wants to have a meeting with Ashley so they can talk through what transfer funds are available to him this January.

That meeting is likely to take place quickly and Rafa can be updated on the takeover status at that time too.

This is what Rafa said as reported in the Chronicle:

“Not yet spoken about money. I think we will stay up, that’s my conviction. At the same time a good hand will help to bring someone in, and that will help too.”

“My main thing is to focus on the games.”

“We have to improve as a team to compete with the top sides, like we saw in the last games.”

“We have to maximise what we have and we have fantastic fans behind the team.”

“We had a meeting about August in May, and I am expecting that money we weren’t spending could be available.”

” Hopefully we can sit down and see exactly where we are.”

“Two or three players have been injured and we have not been missing ‘someone’, we have been missing two or three because they had been doing well.”

“The competition between players had been quite good, and to bring them back is good.”

“But at the same time, when you lose players then others can show you the level that they can reach or the potential they have.”

“It is normal, but that is the key when you talk about the squad.”

“It is not just 15 or 16 players, across the course of a season you need more players – and you need more players of the same level.”

“When you lose two or three players, you don’t want the level to drop so that you lose something, the level drops and then you start losing games.”

The transfer window opens in a short 22 days time, and presumably, negotiations can be started soon by Lee Charnley.

And an agreement may have already been reached between Amanda Staveley and Mike Ashley on the transfer funds for next month.

There could even be a loan from the consortium that Amanda Staveley has put together to eventually buy the club – to help bring in new players.

That would be good.

Wonder if Mike Ashley will be at the game today to celebrate Newcastle’s 125th birthday?

Maybe Amanda Staveley could also attend?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• toontaff2

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Shire, so that’s what Penfold’s been doing this week! 😆

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Expat

Russian imperial stout for me today, black forest Gateux flavour, tastes of dark cherries, beautiful.

I’ll wash my ham and peas pudding stotties down with several of those 11.8% bad boys.

Its still not cold, don’t listen to these wimps, although I’ve two t-shirt on this week.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Taff
    Aye and there’s now a shortage of straws at McDonald’s. Around 50,000 have been taken in the last week from the Northumberland St restaurant. 😆

• sing in the corner

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:27 AM

At first look I thought we were hosting a meeting of the Klu Klux Klan !!

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Shire

McDonald’s and restaurant don’t belong in the same sentence!

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Expat

Not to mention OP has got a fcuking panda suit on 😆

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:31 AM

OP

Ssssshhhhhhh don’t spoil it

• toontaff2

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Sing, I hope not – we’re all going to be wearing tea towels on our heeds, as JIB suggested!

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Shire

I’m Amanda’s panda

• expatmag

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:34 AM

SHIREBROOKE

I think the panda onesy used to belong to my daughter……lol

Russian imperial Stout……….not a patch on Baltika no.9, mate

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM

One side of those flags probably has SD on, the fans will also get a mysterious £5 deducted from their accounts today!

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Op
    Good lad. Keep her sweet lol

• Ibizatoon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:38 AM

OP…Nah mate, 10% off promotion today. £4.50. Bargain!

• toontaff2

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM

I wonder what’ll be left on the pink seats, next week, to commemorate a year without a home win 👿

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Op I wondered what the fcuk that was going on my account.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Expat

Northern monk, one of the finest little breweries to pop up in last few years.

Local lads making cracking beer, the head brewer has some palette on him. All the beers are to die for! Superb!!

• RUNAWAY777

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Just been out to set up for tonight and what a lovely day in newcastle can get to the match then work as only 3 miles away from the game happy days just need win now lads

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:42 AM

Ibiza

Aye but you forgot the 50p charge for not pre ordering.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Taff…Even that’ll probably be a stretch for Sunderland to pull off. Perhaps some IOU’s? Engraved on the seats of course. Who has the money for paper and pen?!?

OP…This is true, but let’s not forget, without Mike’s generosity, it would have been £5.50! Something you neglected to mention. Shame on you. You trying to make him look bad?

• toontaff2

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:44 AM

5-1, Runaway!

• Ibizatoon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:45 AM

Mind, I wonder if a mackem could spell, IOU?

• giimps

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:45 AM

Does this mean we will be able to compete with West Brom, Huddersfield and Burnley for players shortly?
    I don’t really care who it is that comes in, whether they take money out of the club or want their pound of flesh from us fans, if they market, build and improve the club to its full potential rather than holding us back for a decade I’m all for it, it’s a case of anyone but the slug.
    If it’s a Saudi prince or a consortium of billionaires as long as they improve us and invest we can become the club we hoped we could be again, I won’t care……..I just hope it happens soon, a divorce from the man who’s raped and pillaged our club for a decade on February 14th would be a fitting end , hopefully the new owners will preinvest before the final sign off to allow Rafa the best chance of success this season, before the real work begins in the summer…….everything crossed here lads

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Ibiza

Sorry

• Ibizatoon

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:48 AM

OP…I should think so. Good man 🙂

• DubaiMicky

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Well as Trump mentioned something about Jerusalem….

I know it’s not Saudi – but just imagine all the Toon fans wearing this headdress?

• DubaiMicky

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:56 AM

And just cos Bambams hasn’t replied – a shameless re-post….

Bambams

“I was told was Mega MEGA RICH Royalty that made money in oil.”

Then he can only be Saudi (I’ve being saying it was a Saudi for months), admittedly I did change my tune when I was told MAF was the main funder mind you – maybe the guy here is wrong?

Saudi has always worked for me due to the situation here and the Qatar blockade (UAE/Bahrain/Saudi won’t even allow planes going to Qatar to fly over their airspace, so a 40 minute jump from Dubai to Doha now takes 5 hours via Oman or Iraq).

Qatar also owns PSG and Saudi despises Qatar (they have a closed land border with Qatar – the only one Qatar has), they’re trying to break Qatar with no food imports etc. It’s all sabre rattling really, but I do not think that Qatar is behind this. Add the fact that the 2022 World Cup (no bribes there) have been secured by Qatar too and the rest of the Middle East has had it’s nose put out of joint by the upstarts in Qatar (who were broke less than a generation ago – and when i say broke I mean there was literally nothing there just 25 years ago.

If it is, I wonder what the owner will think of Geordie lasses.

• Bambams

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:01 AM

DubaiMicky

Sorry fella what have I not done