Can Newcastle Get First Win In 11 Games Against Everton?

Newcastle need a win and as soon as possible.

That’s after we have gone seven games and picked up just one point and we have only that single 1-0 win at home to Crystal Palace on October 21 in the last 10 games.

So a win is due and hopefully, we can get the win at home to Everton on Wednesday night – 7:45pm kickoff.

That will help raise the morale of Newcastle fans everywhere and the 3 points will take Newcastle up to 18 points from 17 games played.

However, it will not be easy with former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce now in charge of the side.

The Toffees have two wins and a draw at Anfield in their first three games under big Sam.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• jazzyp

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:20 PM

You’re clueless if you think the blame lies with Rafa. When given money last season, he did exactly what was needed and bought quality players who were perfect for the league we were in. Ritchie, Clark, Hayden and Gayle all superb.
    And this summer with the pittance he got he has signed Murphy who is coming good and Merino who will prove to be a snip. Admittedly the less said about Joseloo the better but he cannot be expected to things right all the time

• RUNAWAY777

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Iam more worried that mackem pickford might have blinder against us just for them down road lads

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM

3rd goal against Leicester.
    We were strung out with no shape like a pub team.
    2 CBs way behind the FBs and midfield.
    Positioning of Clark poor.

When ball is played to Vardy, Perez is 2 yards ahead of their player who scores.
    When Vardy plays cross in he is 5 yards behind their player who scores.
    He’s come on as a sub so should have the legs.

Atsu and Yedlin make no great effort. Where the hell is Manquillo.

Senoir players on an average 35K a week just not doing the basics.
    Someone tell me why is that the owners fault.

• toon kk

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:23 PM

We might have a better chance of winning games if Rafa started some of our best player’s instead of them bench warming. Also what’s with all the late response to making subs.
    We probably are the weakest squad in the premier league down to MA but Rafa ain’t helping.

• Nufc 4ever

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Now fat Sham is a legend in his own head I dispise the balloon head if ever a bloke gets a name for mediocrity its him he can not take a team forward. His buys for us Cacapa Smith A Faye Rosenall total crap .England manager what a joke Hope we can do the business .

• beermonkey

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM

shire

what are the chances of rafa getting whats on his list

suprised by zaha from what i have read he is lazy in training
    barkley started out well but seems to have fallen out favour i know some to do with not signing a new deal

is there no striker on his shopping list

• jazzyp

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Posada

I only blame the owner for Giving the managers a pittance to spend which in exchange brings in a sub standard player. Perfect for the Fizzy pop league. but not of a standard for the PL

• jazzyp

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM

Toon kk

So do you think Mitrovic will be our saviour on his past record at the club ??

I agree he should be given a chance.. if nothing else just for a sell on valuation, But he gonna miraculously start banging in the goals that keep us up

• Jib

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM

posada
    “some of our players are suddenly behaving like they don’t care and have a lack of commitment.”

A nice trite journalistic phrase

Unfortunately no resemblance to what is happening

We lost to an unfortunate own goal trying to get the winner
    vs Leicester

However there was no sign that anyone in the team
    was not caring or showed lack of commitment.
    Our players for all their shortcomings deserve more respect
    from so-called supporters.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:31 PM

Posada
    Hindsight wonderful thing maybe Rafa should of sent on Lascalles half way through the second half because our defence was s mess and needed someone to organise bollock them
    As I put this morning we are like a jigsaw puzzle
    Lots of bits, half built, bits missing, partly built, bits in wrong places and a manager trying to build it

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:31 PM

Jazzy
    I can see the lack of investment being part of this yes.
    Particularly if you don’t have a goal scorer. The players will get it into their heads that however hard they work they can’t win as we won’t score. That is part of it I think. Confidence goes down and the effort etc goes.
    Thing is though I’m starting to see bad things. lack of effort, not caring. Just as it was pre Rafa when lascelles made his now famous no-one gives a fig comment during a game.

There’s normally something going on behind the scenes to scupper morale.

• Tinman

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Every deed for Land needs to be signed in wet ink for the Land Registry to accept it.

Those who say E-Signature suffices are correct, it does suffice in every way legally thanks to the Electronic Communications Act 2000, however Land Registry still run a system which needs wet ink. Land Registry are currently trialling a database for online transfers and are looking to roll out the system next year (that means you can buy a house from the comfort of your own home).

So for those saying the lawyer is going out there to get a signature it is entirely possible.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Just voted a win for us, but there’s a lot of no win voters.

Sad really.

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Also cracks beginning to show re manager and some players.

Colback – written off.
    Mitro – never trusted.
    Ritchie – they say he fell out with Rafa on sat gone.
    Shelvey – if he can’t get in that team perhaps they have fallen out as well.
    Gayle – tried to sell him and then didnt pick him.

It’s not a happy ship I don’t think. Not the well organised team spirit stuff of just a few weeks ago.

Yes, I am guessing. But if something swims on a pond, it quacks, has feathers and a bill I normally assume it’s a duck.

• Nufc 4ever

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:40 PM

I have watched a fair bit of Beardsley in the dugout over the last few years and found him totally lacking he does not coach from the sidelines just seems to go through the motions . He has not improved many we knew about Roberts Barlaser Heardman for years no improvement .His teams have a losing mentality even if they win occasionally they still let 3 or 4 in.When and not if the takeover goes through I hope Beardsley is moved in a ambassador role

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Jib
    An unfortunate own goal. Perhaps. Credit to him for at least getting back.
    However, look at it on u tube or whatever. Break it down and look at it.
    Their players make a huge effort to get there.
    Do ours.

• hibbit

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Nufc 4ever
    i see Jesús Gámez has been in the dugout for the last 3 games !! you could get your wish
    Beardsley was a great player but he’s a very very poor coach

• toon kk

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:57 PM

Jazzyp
    No i don’t think Mitrovic would be our savior, but he’s far better option than sticking with Joselu. I would love to see him and Gayle working as a pair.
    Most of our best player’s were on the bench against Leicester. Baffled!! Atsu would be first on my team selection when fit.

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:57 PM

Charlie
    Agreed. Lascelles would have been a big call coming back from injury.
    Leguene is a worry. His lack of pace.
    Some defenders don’t have that, but their team mates have qualities that make up for it.
    We have two FBs who are not great defenders and seem to be there for their offensive qualities. Also, there was not much protection infront of him on Saturday.

• Jib

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Posada
    If you see knackered (min 86) players trying but
    failing to get back when an attack breaks down
    as not caring or lack of effort – in the words
    of the illustrious Mr Tuff
    perhaps you should try another sport

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM

Mitro/Gayle
    Rafa wouldnt dare try it now.
    Just incase it did work.

• toon kk

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:00 PM

There must be a dressing room rift with Rafa and cirtain players. Not good for the squad and team on the whole.

• NUFCadon

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM

for me, shelvey has to start against Everton. When he is out of the team we simply look worse. I seen some stats on Merino on the weekends game that were impressive. along the lines of most passes, most takles won, most headers won etc. there was 7-8 things in the list. When watching him I thought he tried hard but didn’t have a great game. funny how stats can give a different picture.

For me I think merino breaks up play better then hayden and would like to see him partner Shelvey. I know not defensively but we need some more creativity in the team. It was nice to see Gayle have a good game as well and would like to see him get a few more

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Jib
    Were their players not knackered.
    Perez came on as a sub.
    So did Atsu.

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Jib
    and it’s not the first time.
    It was pointed out a couple of games ago.
    This strolling back.

Not by me. By Shearer on MOTD.
    Perhaps he should have tried another sport.

• Bambams

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM

One of my mates who I have been sharing stuff with has come up with a little snipit of info

Allegedly he has been told that Stavely will be taking an office within St James Pk on Sunday ( yes I know) 17th December !

They don’t know why and they don’t know how far they are in the takeover.

When asked how reliable I was told this was the first time he had spoken to this source – got to have a first sometime !

Take into account fat man in Florida ! At this stage of negotiations……There is no way I would bugger off on holiday midway through buying or selling a house.

Just have that feeling chaps…..

• toon king

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM

bill
    I myself would probably mark us down for a defeat myself, if it were on the super 6 I’d have certainly gone for an everton win but thankfully they not part of this mid week super 6 therefore predicting a loss is not needed.

Based on rafa’s team selection in the last few games it’s no suprise really to see so many choosing a defeat, BFS is very defencive minded therefore we’ll find it very difficult on the attack, the amount of attacks we do have could be very low itself looking at how defensive rafa himself has us playing and then of course comes the problem as goal scorer. Joselu himself scored a goal at the week end which means he should have confidence in trying to convert what even chance is given.
    The other question is our back 4, lascelles himself is our best CB right now and should help improve the defence massively but the question is will rafa actually start him or is he gonna sit on the bench again like he did at the weekend.
    Also will he consider putting shelvey into the team or is he gonna continue to allow our current set of midfielders to remain on the pitch whilst those could have replaced them are still sitting on the bench.

• Nufc 4ever

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Hibbett

I would play Gamez before any of the full backs from Saturday because he defends first. Shelvey would be in my team simply that he can create . Diame Perez not up to it

• posada

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Jib
    I’ve looked at it again.
    Their player takes 10 yards out of Perez over a distance of about 35-40.
    That’s not a tired player struggling to get back.
    It’s someone who can’t be arsed.

• toon king

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM

My team for everton

__________elliot
    yedlin__lascelles__Clark__manquillo
    Richie___shelvey__merino___atsu
    ________mitrovic___gayle

Of course i think already their is very little chance mitrovic will start and not really that fussed if it were darlow or elliot. What’s really important is we see lascelles, shelvey and atsu all start. Pardew himself was given huge amounts of abuse for not both bothering to play HBA, why should rafa himself not get any abuse when he’s actually leaving atleast 2 of the fans favourite players out of the team

• Nufc 4ever

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:18 PM

Well I have been reading this blog for a long time and have now decided to put my own thoughts in. Being a season ticket holder for forty years I don’t live to far away from Hibbett. There are some good bloggers on the site and a fair few I dismiss after one line. I have seen a lot over the years home and away . The current squad do put the effort in but if you shop in poundstrechers this is what you get. Ashley has only helped myself as a fan with reasonable ticket prices that’s where it ends. The quicker he goes the better he’s like a leach on the club. All I want to see is my team to be able to compete in the division I enjoyed the championship because we could win. The takeover can’t come quick enough . I will always go to the game no one will ever get myself to boycott any game them so called fans wouldn’t go anyway . Looking forward to put y thoughts over on a regular basis. Ps I do miss Bobbylee thoughts hope he comes back

Logged in as Nufc 4ever . Logout »

Previous Post
    Next Post
    NEWS NOW
    As featured on NewsNow: Newcastle United news NUFC News 24/7
    SEARCH

Search
    ADS

POLLS
    Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player Against Leicester?

Darlow
    Rolando Aarons 0 1 1
    Isaac Hayden 1 0 1
    Mikel Merino 1 0 1
    Christian Atsu 1 0 1
    HEALTH UPDATE
    12th October, 2017

I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer in February 2017 and completed four months of chemotherapy in late July and will continue to have hormone treatment.

After having various cat scans and a full bone scan recently, I met with the medical oncologist yesterday for a review of my condition.

The cancer in the bones has stabilized and has not spread further, and my PSA count has decreased significantly to being less than 0.1.

I am still recovering from some of the side effects of the chemo treatment – mainly severe fatigue and exhaustion.

Stage 4 cancer is not curable so I will continue to have cat scans and bone scans every four months to ensure the disease is not spreading.

Hopefully, the hormone treatment will keep working for a while yet and then we will switch to some other treatments that have been developed over the last few years.

It is as it is – I accept it – and will do the very best I can under the circumstances.

Ed Harrison

COMMENTS
    The purpose of the comments is to allow Newcastle United fans and others to express their views on the news of the day concerning the Newcastle United Football Club.

In general, we’d ask you to be civil towards other readers and refrain from obscene language and any comments on religion, ethnic groups or politics.

The key to all of this is to be respectful to other readers in expressing your opinion.

Please let’s make this work – and let’s help the Newcastle United Football Club become great again.

That’s all we ask, and why we created this site in the first place back in 2007.

Ed Harrison

KACPER TYLENDA WEBSITE DESIGNER

One of our avid readers Kacper Tylenda from Poland was the person who came in during April, 2017 and redesigned this web-site from top to bottom.

We think he did a fantastic job to modernize the site with the roll-out on Thursday May 18th surprisingly smooth.

I am so appreciative of his help.

Kacper is starting his own business in web-design so if you want a website built or know of people who want to redo their sites in any way – here’s his portfolio.

• Nufc 4ever

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Only learning copied and pasted to much I will improve honest its old age

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Is the deadline for Ashley’s property deal on this Friday?

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM

As much as I would love to believe all this 17th December stuff i don’t think it’s true

No one working inside the ground has heard about this info and no one from the FA OR THE PREMIER LEAGUE have been contacted to start the ball rolling with the fit and proper persons stuff

• Jib

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Posada
    Nah
    Perez thought Lejeune was odds on
    to beat Vardy – he waited in midfield
    hoping the Frenchman would be
    launching a ball downfield.
    When Vardy robbed Lejeune and
    Okazagi went steaming past him
    Ayoze did bloody well to get back
    but unfortunately his attempted clearance
    ended up in the net

• Binney

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for the info tinman and bambams.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Posada
    I don’t think it was Perez not arsed
    More like where the f**k has our defenders gone ‘oh hell’ it’s me
    Lejuene is slow and had to try and catch Vardy when most ‘walkabout’ Yedlin goes missing

• Lindisfarne

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:33 PM

???

• Jib

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Frank pingles come sock

How the hell would you know

• GeordieTwo

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:35 PM

If Ashley is actually in Florida it doesn’t sound that promising. I wonder if Amanda has pulled back and told Mikey that she will re-consider in the summer if we are still in the Prem? I’m thinking this is more and more likely as the days go by now. Still hoping Friday Dec. 15th is the big day though. Another Mikey co#kup underway?

1 2 3 7