Rafa Reveals How His Players Are Slowly Learning And Improving With Experience

Rafa Benitez is trying to improve each of his players and therefore the Newcastle team – but recently we have been making far too many mistakes.

But Rafa is a patient man and he simply loves coaching and improving his players.

He has talked to the local papers today about how he points out mistakes his players are making.

They often don’t even realize they are mistakes until he points out the consequences of their actions in games.

We just have to hope that Rafa can turn things around quickly in the six games we have through January 1st and hope we can haul ourselves up the league table.

Rafa Benitez – explaining things to Jacob Murphy

It would not be good in January of we are in the bottom three becasue then it could be difficult to attract players to the club.

One thing fans cannot complain about is the effort and passion the players are showing for the shirt – and Rafa and all his players need support in these difficult times.

This is what Rafa has said today about his players as reported in the Shields Gazette:

“In terms of experience, and what I was expecting from the fans, the city, everybody – it’s fine.”

“I was surprised what we did in August, but I tried to explain why I was surprised, and when I talked with Lee, I think he knows my feelings.”

“And now it’s just trying to improve a team, where we have a lot of good players working really hard.”

“It’s just trying to give them advice and have a positive influence and hope they will learn quickly.”

“The other day I was saying to one player ‘look – this’, and he was saying ‘but it doesn’t matter’, then you see the clips and they go ‘oh’ and change.”

“They can’t see some things that you can see, because you have this experience. And then you try to give them this advice.”

“It’s like when you’re talking to your son, or in my case my daughter, but still she’s making the same mistakes.”

“So they need two or three times to understand.”

A win is what we need tonight against Everton.

That will help the spirits of fans everywhere.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Toon_Tom

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM

“slowly” being the defining word…

I have faith, will keep the faith, 2018 should be exciting with hopefully a new owner, new direction and with a stronger squad under Raffa.

• geordiemark

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:03 AM

so no news this morning over the possible takeover aye, it would be under wraps though, anybody says a word of it and bang goes there jobs, if everything goes ahead and rafa is given enough money to get the players he needs then ill back him but I still hold my doubts about rafa, the last 7 matches I cant forget about really

• Rotonda heights

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:04 AM

good old posada bringing everyone down again. it has to be said you are one miserable…………!
    bet christmas is a riot at yours.

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:07 AM

What I said about the takeover was on the business side of things on what actually happens when forming a deal with another party and just to clarify I made no mention of what is happening at Newcastle but just explaining what happens during deals.

As I’ve stated before and I firmly believe that Ashley and Amanda have already agreed the deal as to the events that’s been happening and current behaviour from Rafa himself.

No deal gets completed without both parties meeting each other on their own terms as this was on Mike terms hence the curry house, Mr Desmond probably got first inclusive rights as to why he fist pumped after the meeting but again though and remember these guys signed a NDA when prevents them from saying/ doing anything until the time is right.

Also I would like to include that even when a deal is done there is still other things that need agreed upon as to why situations like these take time to complete, even the rental right on the grounds can take up to a month to complete.

• geordiemark

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:09 AM

yeah I would agree with what you said there about takeovers

• hibbit

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:11 AM

what’s that all about you quoting simple simon the pie man
    if you have something to say spit it out don’t be hiding behind others you’re bigger that that surely

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:11 AM

Also I like to add that even though Mike is away on holiday he can authorise a representative to complete the deal as to Amanda is the representative of the buyer.

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Recent mention of Chris Mort….could he be our next chairman..CEO?

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Some of our bloggers sound like the happiest people in Happyville! :mrgreen:

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Where’s Shire hiding? 😆

• posada

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Aye, and some live in a fantasy world and don’t like reality to interfere.

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:20 AM

It’s called hope! 😮

• posada

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Firstly, my comments were not directed at you at all.
    It was more intended for the Mystic Megs.
    One comment from Rafa sent them into a frenzy.

Your comments seem plausible and on the face of it you seem to have some knowledge of these matters.
    Only thing is I don’t really need to know any of it.
    I’m going to the match tonight. I’m a supporter.
    If/when it happens I’ll find out soon enough.

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Sick as a parrot on Saturday, leaving SJP, but back again tonight, to make some more noise! I’ve predicted a 5-1 win for about 18 months, so it must be due 💡

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:23 AM

Don’t forget your flag, Posada!

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:26 AM

But what I’ve explained though is reality and not a fantasy.

I understand when people think negative because at the end of the day it’s Ashley and we know how he works, but you got to think though again as I’ve explained in these situations that it’s basically a win win for us fans because of for some reason the deal doesn’t go through Ashley will still have to invest largely into Newcastle and keep us in th PL because of if we are relegated again our value will drop significantly and Ashley will lose out.

• posada

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:27 AM

I left it behind my seat.
    It might still be there.

• catchy in norway

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:27 AM

gone are the days where every paper would have taken what Rafa had said about there could be some good news and the end of the game and ran a story about the club is being sold and the buyer is xyz, just to the breaking the story

I hope it is sold, but it’s very strange that there is nothing anywhere

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Posada, I gathered up 6 – Christmas decorations 💡

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:30 AM

No problem, and enjoy the match guy’s, I’m hoping for a win because I can’t stand Fat Sam gloating over us and Rafa for that matter.

• JackButler

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:30 AM

So is today the day when the finally get to dream of NUFC without Ashley?
    Dare we dream of an owner that has ambition? Someone who wants to run this club like a football club and not an expensive way to get free advertising for hit tatty end of line stock?

God I truly hope so

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:32 AM

BFS should make a decent sized target for the prawn sandwich mob 💡

• toontaff2

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:36 AM

There are still 11 teams with less than 20 points and despite all the fuss, Watford aren’t that high up. Think Burnley and Leicester, along with the usual top 6 suspects are the only teams not in a relegation battle. A win tonight and we could well be 12th.

• lochinvar

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:36 AM

hibbit@368 (previous)
    Agreed – my earlier thoughts as well.
    I’d checked newsnow and not a dicky bird so why the silence if there’s something brewing – the press would normally be all over this like a rash. Press embargo perhaps ? We live in hope and have done for years.
    Is it a case of no news is good news ?

• posada

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Do you have any financial knowledge re companies and takeovers.
    Mine comes just from reading the financial press.
    Just thinking allowed.
    Yesterday a deal was announced where a company bought real estate from another company called Westfield. The value was 15 Billion Dollars.
    Now I know that will have been negotiated over some time behind the scenes.
    But, it’s announced and that’s it done. 15 Billion.

Nufc on the other hand is a Pantomime that rolls on and on.
    Just like most of our transfer deals.
    With Mike Ashley pulling the strings.

Folks chuck sound bites about like due diligence etc.
    This will delay it and that will.
    I suspect that business could be done very quickly if they wanted it that way.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Just reading through recent days… C-dog is like a big with a bone with poor Tsunki, give it a rest man… Although going by the creativity and intellectual undertones of Tsunki’s past posts I’d say he has the measure of him.

Please let it go C-Dog for the harmony of the blog, it’s actually quite childish and vile.

Thanks for all the updates lads, no matter what the naysayers say it’s nice to have the fires of hope fuelled to bring a bounce to your step!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:46 AM

I can just picture Rafa, after running the same video on repeat for several hours, saying.

“OK Matt say this out slowly after me, I………….. must……………….track …………the……………full……………back…………back.

Matt after doing this for around 50 times excuses himself to visit the Loo and stands banging his head against the netty door.

Then goes back to listen to Rafa (very patiently) doing the same to the rest of the players in turn.

Mysteriously most of them have similar head injuries!!

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM

I’ve dealt with company takeovers in the past and present.

Real estate is different and it’s simply selling to the highest bidder whilst taking over an active business can be time consuming and could take many months to be finalised.

Real estate ordinary already has the financial reports up and ready to quicken the deal as to why many businesses like to get into this.

But with a football club is has many aspect of accounts compare to real estate as with advertising rights, staff, merchandise and all the other incoming and outgoings within the club for which all need to be completed on for full purchase.

• neverwin

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM

News starting to break now. At last