Rafa To Get All The Information He Needs Today On Takeover And Transfer Funds

There was some good news yesterday before the home game against Everton – which unfortunately ended up to be our 10th defeat in 17 league games so far this season.

That’s a 59% loss rate, and only Swansea have lost more games this season with 11.

The really good news, however, was that Amanda Staveley raised her bid to £300M and it’s expected to be accepted by current owner Mike Ashley.

Once it’s accepted the negotiations will enter an exclusivity period – estimated at 30 days – during which time Ashley will not be allowed to talk to any other parties who may be interested.

We don’t think there are any at this point and the deal should be completed sometime in January.

Lee Charnley with Rafa Benitez last year

It will be longer than four weeks to complete because of the Christmas period, but Ms. Staveley may try to hurry it though so she is the owner as soon as possible – given Newcastle’s current position in the Premier League.

Rafa Benitez is meeting with Managing Director Lee Charnley today, and no doubt will be told of the status of the takeover and also how much transfer money is available in January – reported to be £30M.

Rafa has already identified a list of targets for the January transfer window with his recruitment team.

He needs to know what transfer funds he will be given so Lee Charnley can begin going after the players Rafa wants.

Obviously, the sooner we can bring those players in the better it will be for the team.

Rafa will want to bring some experienced Premier League players to Newcastle if he can get them and could go after some players on loan in addition to buying players.

We would expect Rafa to try to bring in up to five players to help the side survive in the Premier League this season.

That’s job one – the only thing that really matters this season.

Sam Allardyce  supports Rafa to be able to do the job this season:

“Ashley wants to sell, so if Mike says he wants to then if a buyer meets that demand then he steps down, then a new regime or consortium steps in and can hopefully deliver the sort of money you’re expecting.”

“There’s a lot of people who come to make money in the Premier League now, because you can make money.”

“If Newcastle gets a new owner, then Rafa has a very track record of the clubs he’s been at before being very successful, and he’s spent money pretty well.”

Rafa last night said this about the takeover:

“I don’t have any information. I need to know how much money we will have for January as soon as possible, that is it but I have no information.”

Lee Charnley will tell Rafa all he needs to know today in their meeting on transfers.

One last thing – wonder what position Lee Charnley will get once Ms. Staveley takes over?

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:19 AM

Anyone got a bad feeling about this whole thing?

• Budge123

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM

Frank – nope.
    It’s gonna happen.
    Might be slow but will happen.
    Money will be there for Jan one way or another.

It’s just a question of keeping the faith!
    Or perhaps I’m deluded!

Either or!

• Jib

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:25 AM

Frank
    Because the BeeB and Sky don’t
    issue stuff like they did yesterday
    without it coming from an insider.

• OneAlanShearer

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Nope you are not deluded. Keeping the faith is exactly what us needed. Keep your heads. Easy to pick holes. Like I said on another thread if you didn’t know we were hamstrung by Ashley in the summer as per usual welcome to reality

• OneAlanShearer

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Frank – nope.

• toontaff2

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:27 AM

Whilst on a roll –
    AncientCorbyn, :Lesh and co – Absolutely sick of your maybot/Brexit/Trump etc jibes – Please just STFU! Stick your politics where the sun does not shine! This is a football blog – All types are welcome and no one gives a flying what their politics are.
    But, Catchy should be removed from this blog, partly for his own sanity, partly for the sanity of the rest of us!
    I’m sorry, calling anyone a ‘nonse’, think he meant ‘nonce’, is just totally unacceptable.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Frank
    I’ve got the anxious feeling this morning

• toontaff2

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:30 AM

On the game, Well, I agree with most of Charlie’s report, but Manquillo and Yedlin are 4’s for me! Both useless and as well as 2 forwards, we need 2 full backs and a midfielder.

Think I was close to a punch up in the bogs at half-time – must have rattled some of the Shelvey Support Group (Chavs) – Shelvey is shyte, end of – SELL!
    Noted the Darlow song has stopped – GET RID!
    As for Diame – ?

?

• MAUTITOON

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Hope saivet gets a look in the midfield now that shelvey has got a 2 match ban.

• toontaff2

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:32 AM

Just seen ‘highlights’ – thought Pigfood had saved Ritchie’s shot – the Gallowgate always jumps up when we nearly score and could not see what actually happened. Had Diame scored from 2 yards, would he be MoM? 💡
    Charlie is spot on with Shelvey – just too slow, hence he goes to ground, rather than chase/track – not a PL player.

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:32 AM

Stomach is in knots (insert pooh face)

• hibbit

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:32 AM

shire
    its still on the cards for the week the legal eagles are meeting later today

• posada

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:32 AM

Yesterday tea time I was getting stick.
    Hibit – posada ha ha you were wrong.
    Rotunda – Suck on that Posada.

Now less than 24 hours later where has all the hype gone.
    Shire and Frank P having doubts. Make your minds up.
    Although those press bits from Frank P I appreciate.

I have never doubted that there will be a take over.
    What I have a go at is the endless Fake News.
    Some of the stuff on here might be spot on, but if you can’t know what’s real within all that Fake News, what’s the point.

• toontaff2

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Shire, hope you’re ok.
    Didn’t spill your beer, I hope 😆

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:34 AM

But I think it will happen. Accident shook me up a bit like and didn’t get in til 1 and up for work at half 6.

Jib make me laugh please 😆

• hibbit

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:35 AM

posada
    why the 2 identities ???????????????

• posada

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Was at the game.
    I’m a supporter. Don’t particularly care for the word fan.
    Supported the team from the first to the last whistle.
    Some may be surprised at that in view of my reputation for being the blogs Victor Meldrew.
    During the games I support. My glass is three quarters full.

Many in the crowd were getting on the players backs.
    It won’t help.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Taff
    Never spill my beer mate 😆

• posada

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Hibbet
    Lost there. The two identities ?

• Rotonda heights

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:38 AM

posada

I knew you would glory in it not happening. what a very very sad individual you are.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Posada
    Yes the were a few more moans and groans around me last night which didn’t help. But on another day we could have won. In fact we should have won

Mistake cost us yet again

• hibbit

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:41 AM

posada

ok play your little game if that’s what rings your bell sad really

• Geordie-john

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:41 AM

As much as I have praised Shelvey in the past I think that Swansea knew they were onto a good thing when he left them. He is another David Batty ( very easily wound up ) a liability ! In my opinion, We need about 4 or 5 good experienced players to help the youngens settle down and gain confidence as well as learn some of the tricks of the trade cheat ,squeal ,shout dive etc but most of all learn how to play the ref like the rest of the premiership players

• posada

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:42 AM

Toontaff

That’s far too jolly for me.
    I havent smiled like that since I had 10 shillings on Red Rum to win the National.
    Nice one.

• mactoon

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:45 AM

The problem is there is still no guarantee Charnley will get the first choice players that Rafa wants. The last window was a farce and I have no confidence that Charnley will do any better in January regardless of the funds.

• posada

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Shirebrook
    Aye. If that Merino shot had gone in it would have been one of the all time great goals in the memory bank.
    When I mentioned your space ship I wasnt eluding to you not going to games. I was having a go at the gossip side of things.
    See your mates jumped to your defence. Must be nice to have mates. Apart from you I don’t have any.

• geordiemark

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:46 AM

DubaiMicky

So sack Rafa and the takeover never happens. Is that what you want? The fat man here for another 6 months, no money in January and guaranteed relegation?
    Wow, some great, forward thinking fans we have.

geordiemark

DubaiMicky
    excuse me but I have been a fan of Newcastle united for 54 years, I live in Newcastle upon tyne, ive seen the most crap Newcastle teams over the years and by far this one is the worst with the world class manager in charge of a sinking ship which if its true what you say hes part of the consortium and is an integral part of the takeover then hes commited an offence not just to the players but us the supporters who have had to watch this drivel over the past 10 games, he has on purpose put a team out to get beat to knock the price down is this what your said Dubaimicky

come on then Dubai micky whats your answer to this then, Newcastle united supporters work there arses off to watch there club, some cant even afford to watch and your telling us this abour rafa being part of it and done all this on purpose, explain this Dubai micky

• Rotonda heights

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:47 AM

Posada

I don’t for a minute think you were ever alone in having doubts and reservations but I think a lot of us are going with the flow and grateful for snippets from people who had heard something. Why give them grief? What are you trying to achieve exactly? is this not a forum to submit differing views without being an —-hole.

Calling people retards is well out of order especially for a man of your age. It makes you sound simple.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Toontaff2
    Cheers for the comments. Yeah Shelvey deffo to slow for the Premiership.
    As for maquilla thought he did well yesterday.

I try to give a honest opinion on the game – I do not have favourites or hate anyone as that tends to blurr the marks/comments a lot of people make.

Like Rafa – to many people think he can do know wrong and won’t have a word said against him – yet this season some of his decisoins have been baffling and seems to hold a grudge agains certain players and rightly needs criticising at times – but he is still the best thing that has happened at the toon

• hibbit

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:49 AM

who’s to say Charnley will be doing the negotiations ?????

• geordiemark

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Rotonda heights

agreed no need to insult people about what there opinions are

• posada

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Thanks Geordie
    You have to watch out for Rotondo.
    He’s the blogs resident Psychologist. A few weeks ago he told me I needed a course of therapy and medication.
    Fortunately I asked if he was fully qualified.
    He said no, but I once read a book.

The book was Fly Tipping by J.R. Hartley.

• neverwin

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:03 AM

Would come as no shock if Stavely walked away. Nufc is at present aAshlen ailing business.
    Which players would want join a team heading for what seems relegation unless like Townsend they have get out clause.
    If take over were to happen why would they keep Charnley.
    I never expected this season to be easy but did not think such hard work. Also I do not think Ashley trusts RB with money – Sels Murphy (why) Diame etc. Yes he bought to get promoted but 12m for Murphy was this season.

Frustration well and truly setting in.

• Moonraker15

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:03 AM

They must be confident of us staying up as they wouldn’t wanna buy a Championship club for 300 mil! That’s my only worry cos Rafa’s gonna need a good bung to get what he needs. If he doesn’t get it I can see him walking!

• widowmagandapoke

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM

A reported 30 m . Yet there’s talk of our needing up to 5 players. That would buy 5 Joselu’.
    If we need 5 players 100m is nearer the requirement. If 30 m is the allotted amount we should use 20m on a striker and maybe 10m on a number 10. We don’t want another input of bargain basement kids.