Amanda Staveley Has Another Issue If She Buys Newcastle

There’s some confusion as to where Amanda Staveley’s latest £300M offer stands.

The Financial Times reported yesterday reported they believe the offer is still £250M and PCP Capital Partners will give Ashley a bonus in May (maybe £50M?) if Newcastle are still a Premier League club by then.

The two sides are trying to work out a structure for the deal should Newcastle be relegated this season.

As we have learned over the years nothing is easy when working with Mike Ashley, so the deal has not happened as quickly as many fans had hoped for.

However, there is news from Sky Sports that £30M could be made available in January whether the deal is done by then or not.

Amanda Staveley – and Mike Ashley

And that will allow Rafa to bring in some players and maybe sell some players next month.

Transfer money should be made available since it protects Mike Ashley investment of around £262M in Newcastle.

And for PCP Partners it helps them buy a club that remains a Premier League club for next season, and significant funds can be invested in the side next summer.

It is imperative that PCP Capital Partners ensure money is available in January if they are buying Newcastle.

One other complication for Amanda Staveley if she buys the club is whether she can keep Rafa Benitez at the club should we be relegated.

Last season he famously got us straight back up but doing things a second time are fraught with danger for some reason.

Rafa has already “been there – done that” as far as getting promoted from the Championship – he may not want to try to do it a second time.

But this could all turn out well in the end if some of our players can find the form they showed early on in the season and Rafa can get at least three new players during the January window.

But as usual, the Newcastle fans are the ones that suffer the most.

We haven’t had a really good side since Sir Bobby Robson was sacked in August 2004 – that’s a very long 13 years.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• toontaff2

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Makes sense.
    Clearly relegation looks probable to all parties.
    Loos like they have Mikey by the short and curlies!

• Singinginthecorner

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:07 AM

Just a thought as far as we know they are still talking he wants to sell she wants to buy this is the closest Ashley has come to selling our club so no news is good news just hang tight. On the other hand could be all done and dusted would you really tell the club’s your trying to buy players off that you have millions in the bank even a rich man/woman likes a bargain that’s why there rich

• AncientC

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:07 AM

“Dubai Mickey – I find his knowledge of the middle east to be quite informative.”

Aside from when he isn’t having a go at people for not knowing as much as he does about the M.E.

Just remember, you never trust an Egyptian. *Gulp*

• fog on the tyne

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Morning lads, i’ve been a fan of this blog since the very early day and read it daily. I think Ed does a great job considering his health issues and should indeed be acknowledged on the great job he does.

I gave up my season tickets this season due to work commitments and my boy losing interest (my brother in law, a dark sider, took him when i wasnt home), and tbh dont miss it, considering the standard of football Rafa has us putting on display. However i still back them to the hilt, and love and backing for the club will never waver.

I have rarely commented on here and its been probably 3 years since my jast posting.

Regarding the takeover i believe that a deal is in place ( i’m not an ITK) and in my opinion is that this whole talks and negotiations being portrayed by the media is one big circus and show being orchestrated by Ashley in a last ditch attempt to save face and credibility from the gallowgate faithful. Does any one else feel the same, that its being orchestrated to make us believe its some sort of present from Ashley???

I’m certain the deal is imminent as Shire and his croonies have been assuring us of recently and hope its not left too late into tranfer market.

I’m hoping for a good performance today, although i’m dreading it as someone is due a hiding off arsenal and our record down there is horrendous.

All the best boys

• toontaff2

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM

I think Jonjo summed them up 😆

• fog on the tyne

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Repost from last thread

All the best boys

• posada

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:35 AM

Ancient

Assuming it’s accurate.
    I really don’t know if it is or not.
    Never been there.

• posada

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:40 AM

On to football.
    Can we keep playing Manquillo and Yedlin. They will offer something going forward, but cost us one sometimes two goals a game.
    Yedlin. Like Santon, not a good defender.
    Both quick, you’d struggle to get past them one on one.
    However, it’s not that side of defending that lets Yedlin down.
    Positioning, body position, anticipation, sensing danger. All lacking.
    Does not judge the flight of a ball well.
    It’s not about height. Some short players are great at heading. He’s not one of them.

• Sav

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM

On another matter entirely..”I was earning more in 2002!’ – Ex-Newcastle star Kieron Dyer makes shock admission about Spurs’ wage bill’. Which brings us to an interesting discussion about the meaning of the word ‘earned’…Kieron?

• Geordie-john

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Looks like another away day spanking in store for the Toon ( Hopefully I’m wrong ) Reading as many posts as I can stomach this morning, It seems as if the fat lad is looking for more things to try to stall the sale, Or in his eyes, Get more money. Is he mad ? Hey man FAT LAD, If you wanna sell it. SELL IT ! You’ve had MILLIONS £’s in profit from the transfers over the years. Move on before we end up getting relegated AGAIN and you lose out on the best way for us all to part company with each other, Before we lose the potential of a decent future owner while retaining one of the best managers in the world. Crafty Cock-ney ? More like STUPID GREEDY GIT !

• widowmagandapoke

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:26 PM

30mil not enough and too late.