Huge Challenge For Benitez – Manager Confident We Can Start Winning Soon

If we look at our situation now, it looks dark and gloomy but as manager Benitez says it’s a long season.

We have to hope things can change but it’s apparent we have missed captain Jamaal Lascelles, and the defense looks a lot more solid with the former Nottingham Forest in central defense.

In the last two games he has started, we have lost only 1-0.

That was the score in his last two games – we lost at Burnley and at home to Bournemouth when h had to leave with an injured ankle.

And then we kind of collapsed with letting in too many goals – in fact, 15 in a five-game stretch before Jamaal returned.

Rafa has reminded everybody it’s a long season and we still have 20 games to play:

“The fans know what the situation is from September.” “The main thing for me is to be sure that the team continue working like today.”

“It’s a long season. We are having games where we are losing by one goal now, but they will turn into draws and wins.”

“The difference between some teams in the table is not too big.”

“If we continue doing that we will have a couple of games where we can get better results and gain more confidence.”

“You can’t complain about the work-rate of our players. They’re giving everything.”

“We are where we are and we have what we have.

“They are working so hard in terms of effort and trying to do things and you can’t complain.”

“The only thing is, sometimes in the final third we aren’t lucky enough.”

“We had chances at the end and we stayed in the game and worked hard.”

“To do that means this team is still fighting and the fans appreciated that.”

To have a third successive relegation season in the Premier League is depressing and it’s the fourth in five PL seasons.

But we must support Rafa – he’s the only hope we have of surviving this season.

It’s still possible.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Arsenal Defeat

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Hibbit…I thought you ITKs knew what Ashley would do with all them guarantees you were handling out with out care 😉

• magscar

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:25 AM

Jail@723 on the monster one

Please don’t waste your and my time “getting back to me” the issue is tedious enough already. Your specious claim that Ashley is my hero is even more boring – he never was despite another of your delusions. I don’t hate him and have simply put up with him as with other owners over my years. I am glad he is going sooner rather than later it appears so as far as I am concerned it is all another redundant matter.

I spent a lot of time on here on Friday and some last night and apart from occasionally looking for some news of takeover I am giving it a miss to get on with my real life today. I suggest you do the same or whinge at some one else if you have the time and inclination stuck on a rig.

Over and out!

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:26 AM

will go with Shire on this one , something announced tommorow

The last two times when he has said this , it has been either the next day or the weekend after the man united match ….we have heard sky break news

This coupled with all the other info leads me to think deal is done and announcement very very soon

There has to be really as both sides needed to agree on who spends what in January and how it’s factored into agreement

Ashley wouldn’t spend in this window if no agreement was in place

Yes you all might think he would to stave off relegation but he is too deep into negotiations now to spend on his own in window and hope we stay up

He wants out

Ps / I’ve haven’t said any ITK say guarantee anything

• Jib

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:26 AM

1 minute 30 is the goal
    Have a look at the shot from behind Elliot
    Would a more alert , agile goalie ,have
    saved it ?

• hibbit

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:28 AM

jesper

i’m still told the deal is on track and i’m still confidant the deal will take place this month

i will keep my word if it doesnt go through i will retire from the blog

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM

Magscar…according to the blog idiot I used to support Ashley and I was a member of the OV!

• AMEOBI

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Honestly believe we will stay up there is still a few teams with squads worse than ours. Unlucky yesterday, the fight was there for all to see. Let’s give the hammers a shot. Point would be magnificent!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM

Hibbit…hehe

Just stop with the guarantees they do no good cause you or your source is not in control of the situation!

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:38 AM

Around 300 million. If we go down then the price drops to around 250 mark

• hibbit

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM

jesper

2 weeks today and we’ll see if my guarantee was worthless till then i’ll stick with them
    the deal is not in jeperdy but the time frame is

• NezzaNUFC

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:43 AM

I hope all is well ED

And just to remind people it’s not Amanda who is buying the club, she is representing another buyer or buyer’s

I still believe Rafa will keep us up and as many have said all we need is a quality striker and a quality number 10 and with this apparent 30 million it could be done

• Moonraker15

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:19 AM

Hibbit
    They’re taking a hell of a gamble buying a potentially championship club for 300 million. Don’t you think they will have put in an offer “subject to EPL status?

• geordietom

Dec 17, 2017 at 11:51 AM

for the ( I.T.Ks ) do you really know what is going on ? i’d love to think so .but your time scales have come and gone . we dont get anything concrete off any one . has your source ( sources ) been playing you all along ? not trying to start a argument just my thoughts is all .

• Moonraker15

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:17 PM

I don’t think Amanda will sign until we’re safe from relegation; hence fat man has to spend or everything goes down the pan! I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see them paying 250 million for a championship club (if we’re relegated).