Predicted Newcastle Team To End Manchester City’s Winning Run

Newcastle have just won our first game in 10 after losing eight of the previous nine games.

On the other hand, Manchester City have won their last 17 Premier League games and are 12 points ahead of second-placed Manchester United with a game in hand.

They also have a goal difference of +48.

So every pundit will be confident this will be an easy win for City, but football is a funny game.

Rafa Benitez – can he somehow get a result tonight?

And our lads will have a lot more confidence after beating West Ham 3-2 on Saturday in what was a (very) good performance.

So anything is possible.

We hope Henri Saivet gets another chance tonight with Mikel Merino, Isaac Hayden and Jonjo Shelvey all available again for tonight’s game.

Aleksandar Mitrovic, Florian Lejeune, and Jesus Gamez are injured and not available.

Here’s a possible Newcastle team for tonight’s big test with Rafa needing to rest some players.

Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Dummett
Ritchie Saivet Merino Murphy

That’s four changes from the side that did so well at the London Stadium, but we don’t currently have the strength in depth to make too many more changes.

What team would you start tonight remembering we have a home game on Saturday against Brighton followed by an away game at Stoke two days later?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Lindisfarne

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:44 AM

• kimbo

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:45 AM

Well tonight is a so called nothing to lose game, rest players for next game and let loose Mitro for his last game in black and white.

• jazzyp

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:45 AM

Going for a massively optimistic 2-2 draw with Rafa coming on in the 7th minute of injury time to score with an header

• giimps

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Jazzy, that’s pie in the sky mate, we all know we never get more than 2 mins of injury time when chasing the game, on the other hand, IF Citeh are chasing the game they will be allowed to play till they get the equaliser ( probably from an Aguero offside goal) which will be allowed to stand to keep their run going.

• Munster Mag

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Tsunki if you can’t wrap your low hanging fruit brain around my point of view, that’s fine by me. Chas, have no fears of me being bullied off this site. I’ll stay and say what I want. In reality I have no issues with Jail and Co. We don’t even have a major difference of opinion. I just reserve the right to criticise any manager and praise any manager. I think rafa is great and we will see some of that tonight I think. He suits us down to the ground. But in the real world fans can disagree with aspects of anything and still support the man, and more importantly, the club. But not on this absolutist blog. I have a feeling we will get some joy tonight and the guys on here who are going, lucky sods! Htl

• hibbit

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:54 AM

correct me if i’m wrong, but is Mitro not out with a back injury????/

• Tsunki

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Agree with Bobby on this :the lads just need to acquit themselves well, don’t fold just dig in. We will take a beating but if we aren’t humiliated it could give us some power to push through the next few games.

I’m sure Munster will rue the team selection and style of play, and the blog will be ingested with nutcases when we concede, but supporting the manager and the lads on the day has got to be better than all the screaming and crying on the blog.

• jazzyp

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Morning mate

I know bud , Should have stuck to the 90mins lol

• expatmag

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:59 AM

And lo and behold, look who appears!!!!!!!!
    Makes you wonder about the guy who has never posted before but bigs the richmond wrangler up………lol

• jazzyp

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:00 AM

I hope we just dont sit back and try and hold out for 90mins mate.
    Would sooner em give it a go and see how it maps out for the first half hr and go from there.
    Everyone seems to be writing us off which is perfectly plausible, But let’s give it a shot rather than shying away from a game of football

• Munster Mag

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Hilarious, Bobby just bombed tsunki the numpty ! Stick around Bobby, we need you, not online warriors like tsunki who clearly spend too much time here and can’t accept anything but his own opinion . Can’t wait for the game, Iam confident that rafa will have us set up to do well tonight and think we can do damage to city.

• Jib

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Someone posted a tweet yesterday
    that Mitro had been spotted in the
    departures at Newcastle AP

• sing in the corner

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Don’t need to lament the loss of posters-past too much mate.
    Posters come and go. Some are missed in a way I suppose. But the flip side is there are a canny number of tubes who have ‘left’, whose leaving has been a good thing!

Loving some of the festive football, but you have to say this 3 games in 6 days lark is just another money / greed-fuelled farce. So heavily weighted for the rich clubs with virtually 2 full teams of international quality players to call on. And the ‘also ran’ teams who are playing one of the top teams are really gonna struggle if they are playing one of the big boys this weekend.
    I’m looking forward to getting in the ground tonight mind.
    Gonna relax a little and enjoy the football – a win is a miracle too far I think but staying in it for as long as possible and competing is what I’d like to see. Owt else = a massive bonus.
    Then it’s all systems go for Brighton on Saturday.

Howay the lads!!!

• expatmag

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:06 AM

I would like to see plenty of pace so Gayle and Atsu must start. I would have Murphy on the right instead of Ritchie because he and Atsu will be needed to double up with Yedlin and Manquillo to counter Sane and Sterling.

Fast paced counter attacking style tonight might cause their central defenders a few problems

• Jib

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:18 AM

The entire
    S America

but not

• Chas

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:22 AM

See what I mean little thick Aussie muck spreading and causing division. Bobby does have a point that if you just read what is written and forget the fantasy island stuff there’s no problem.
    Given a choice between an impassioned toon ST holder and someone
    writing endlessly about his great lifestyle and how well he’s done. I saw the great gatsby over Xmas and it was much better.

• toonbrother

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM

is atsu injured?
    why would you drop him for murphy?