Newcastle Reported Interested In 23-Year-Old French-Based Striker

The Guardian are reporting that Newcastle are after 23-year-old striker Firmin Ndombe Mubele of Rennes in January.

Other Premier League clubs said to be interested in the 43 times capped DR Congo International include West Brom, Swansea, and Bournemouth – all clubs who currently lower in the Premier league than Newcastle.

The player only moved to Rennes in January of this year from Qatari club Al Ahli SC.

He’s played 32 times for Rennes with 8 goals and 3 assists in total including 16 times this season with 5 goals and 2 assists.

The Guardian says the players is rated at around £10M and he has significant speed which is some of what Rafa Benitez is looking for at Newcastle next month.

The players can play on the wing or up-front as an out-and-out striker.

But Newcastle need to bring in some proven goalscorers in the side, and he’s not exactly that.

Benitez may also prefer to bring in players with proven Premier League goalscoring experience like Daniel Sturridge or Danny Ings from Liverpool.

Newcastle have also been linked with a move for 29-year-old Islam Slimani who plays very much like Joselu in that he can hold the ball up and is a target man up front.

But Islam is also an excellent header of the ball.

The big Algerian scores a lot more goals than the Spanish striker and he could be a big success at Newcastle.

We expect Rafa to bring in two strikers next month with Aleksandar Mitrovic likely to leave permanently next month if we can find a buyer.

What do you think?

• Munster Mag

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Gutted Sam got tosun. He always seems to get guys he wants, same at Palace.

• YoungMag :P

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:18 PM

Yuck

Online. You’re saying it as if it’s in every single one of my posts. If you cared to actually interact on the blog as much as I do then you would see that.

But no, you come on and the first thing you talk about is my ‘disgusting language’.

Where’s your Nufc related post? Are you a moderator for the blog? Why am I the only one being called out?

Sorry mate but until you are on this blog 24/7 assessing every single comment I won’t actually take you seriously. I don’t know, message ed, ask to be his moderator if good will hunting is in your nature.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:21 PM

Online

You’re right it’s Eds blog, do I need to call you a hypocrite or can you see the wood for the trees?

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Munster

It is a worry if we were in for Tosun that we have failed again. Stavely must have the best interest’s for the club if a takeover is to happen.

• YoungMag :P

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:24 PM

For the sake of the blog don’t direct posts at me posada.

Just seeing your moniker p’s me off.

• DubaiMicky

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:29 PM

is this the 23 year old that looks nearer 42?

He does you know – must have had a hard paper round.

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:31 PM

It’s Doumbia’s brother

• GeordieTwo

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:32 PM

Not too excited aboot Mubele. Probably one of hundreds we will be linked with. Has the takeover happened? There is nothing to prove it either way. We should see movement in the window but by who, Ashley or Staveley? Strange days. Looking forward to getting past all this and having a proper owner.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Or possibly Oba Martin’s.

• RUNAWAY777

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Come on lads this is starting get out of hand ive been there before fighting with people on here but learnt my lesson its just not worth it weather you support or follow the toon where all in this together.

• Belfast

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:35 PM

We weren’t in for a 25 million pound player at any stage of the proceedings.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM

Belfast

The only time I’ve heard of a £25m+ signing was Rooney, about 15 years ago!

• Belfast

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:39 PM

Yep probably the oldest looking 23 year old I’ve ever seen in my life.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:40 PM

We were in for Rooney, but he went to Everton. Turns out Ashley meant Mickey Rooney. Stay in touch Ash, he’s not just resting, he’s dead. Harrumph!

• posada

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Young Mag
    Not sure what I have done to upset you greatly.
    That’s just my view of being a supporter.
    A supporter buys a ticket.
    It gives the club financial support.
    A supporter goes to the game and shouts the team on.
    That’s real tangible support.

Some folks won’t have been to a game for 40 years because they emigrated to Canada in 1975, but would be there if they had stayed at home. Fair enough they are supporters.
    Someone who takes an interest from a far. They follow NUFC, but in my opinion it’s not direct support. Hence, you follow NUFC.

Those that are followers and not supporters won’t like me saying this, but I’m gonna say it anyway. I don’t like some just blog to be popular.

• Shot Bru

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Get the feeling this is gonna be another long frustrating transfer window.

No substantial reports on loans or potential purchases so far.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM

Come on lads, we don’t have money for already decent players. We go in for promising young’uns. We’ve done it many times with the likes of Sissy Pants and now Murphy. We’ll be in for a good 21 year old and then it’s a dive into the dumpster for some broken biscuits.

• hibbit

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM

posada you like jimiley thinking

jimiley
    Dec 13, 2017 at 5:50 PM

We should all acknowledge that Ashley has saved this club financially and we owe him our gratitude. I will always remember the Ashley era with fondness.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:48 PM

Rafa can do wonders with peoples’ castoffs you know. Just ask Mikey, the genius behind our current success.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:49 PM

I wonder what it’s like to be hated by everyone? Even Mikey’s wife. She gave him a kick in the cobblers for his Christmas box.

• YoungMag :P

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:52 PM

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

If someone follows something then they keep tabs on it, like my brother for example. He never watches the games, he just looks at the score afterwards.

He doesn’t get personally affected by the matches results, he just acknowledges them. He wants us to do well but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really effect his life.

I, and many others on here do support the club just as much as anyone else. Just because the players don’t get first hand support directly from us doesn’t mean we are ‘lesser fans’ then the people who go. I personally get affected by the results, I feel like shit if we lose, I get super happy and ecstatic when we win which can last the entire week. I am personally devoted to this club, my day to day life revolves around it. I wouldn’t spend so much time on here if I just ‘followed’.

What a strange opinion Blackley.

• Nufc-83

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:53 PM

Haha online you are funny

• Belfast

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:53 PM

Aye pie in the sky optimistic.
    I reckon we’ll be raiding the loan market and any cash buys depend on players leaving first.

• Nufc 4ever

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:55 PM

Posada

The lad has already explained he his a full time carer that actually means 24/7. He will receive carers allowance if i am correct and cant leave her alone. That doesent make him a lesser fan than myself i would rather read his quotes than some on here . I dare say i have been to more games than you home and away
    Does that make me more of a fan than you of course not give the lad some slack

• Novocastrian66

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:56 PM

George Weah set to become the president of Liberia. Shearer for PM anyone?

• hibbit

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:56 PM

posada ask jimiley about his season ticket, and what he thinks about us you and me currant season ticket holders

• Online Guy

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:57 PM

Nufc-83

Bye. In future refrain from telling people to STFU. Your low life comments are dragging the website down .

Close the door on your way out

Try posting again in an hour.

• posada

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:58 PM

Hibbit
    Well researched. I did mean his more recent comments.
    Think that was clear.

• Nufc-83

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:00 PM

Online what a sad existence you live. It makes me shudder to think of what your life must be like.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Mike Ashleys diabolical running of the club is a bit of a game changer as he’s not prepared to invest our money properly. But I think it’s every fans duty to provide financial assistance to the club whether it’s becoming a member or making an annual purchase from the club ship if you can’t make the games

• Binney

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Out of curiosity, who on here reckons the mackems will go down again this season?

• posada

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Young Mag
    Sorry, but I’m not saying what you do is not appreciated.
    I’m not saying supporters are better than followers.
    I’m not saying some support more than others.
    I’m simply saying that I make a distinction between the two.

I hope you do get to a game.

One thing I do take exception to is the fact that you have a go at supporters. They travel on a cold Wednesday, some a fair distance, they pay for a ticket. When they come on here and comment that the game was poor or say anything at all critical you accuse them of being negative moaners. As a consequence I make no apology for giving you stick, even if your circumstances and location make it difficult to get to matches.

• Online Guy

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:06 PM

Seems like a few have stopped the low life FU comments etc…see ..people are now watching the insults..much better when you all have a little respect for each other .agreed ?

We’ll done all…just takes a little thought and what comes of that is more constructive comment and debate ..agreed?

Well done to the more articulate thinkers and writers. Keep it going.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Binney,
    There’s a long way to go and he might be able to spend a few quid in January. I hope they do though.

• Online Guy

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Nufc-83

Look at it this way ..would you not feel better about yerself if you stopped telling people to STFU ? I’m not taking that from you .

Instead of coming back to me as though you were right and correct to tell me to
    SHUT THE FCK UP.

Why don’t you apologise and we can leave it at that. ?

• lesh

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:13 PM

What’s all the bucketing about? It’s pathetic!

• posada

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Liverpool have paid 75M for VVD.
    What Southampton might do with the money is a concern.
    One of our stay up rivals.
    Could also send prices higher in the January market.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM

Any players in the Swansea squad worth having?

Surely they want to save cash for the championship, plus their 5hit fans are too busy trolling other clubs than to back their own side and go to games etc.

Could pick up another bargain.

Frigging idiot, go and do something useful, like do some ironing.

• lesh

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM

* What’s all the bucketing about? It’s pathetic!?????

Should have read
    What’s all the bickering about? It’s pathetic….. Going on like kids, get a grip!

• the ledge

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:16 PM

Online guy. Bye. In future refrain from stirring S.. T. Good look posting in an HR!

1 2 3 7