Our Man Of The Match On Saturday – Who Else?

A Happy New Year everybody.

And let’s hope we can do much better in the second half of this season – it’s very possible.

And the transfer window is now officially open for business.

Since we have another game at Stoke today – another crucial match – we have to finish up on the 0-0 draw on Saturday.

The result was a disappointment, but at least we didn’t lose – if we had lost then Brighton would have been 6 points ahead of us in the table rather than just 3.

Since Jamaal Lascelles returned to the side the defense has looked a lot stronger, and he has been an outstanding player again for us this season – we assume he’s not playing with an injury this season like he was last season.

Jamaal is easily our Man of the Match for the Brighton game where both defenses looked solid, and we got a point, although that result was disappointing.

Jamaal got 37% of the vote.

Jamaal Lascelles – Man of the Match against Brighton

Second in line is young Mikel Merino who is a star player in the making, but if we cannot stay up in the Premier League, we will lose him this summer.

We have to remain a Premier League club for next season.

When you look at the league table, we are just 5 points out of 10th place so we could easily move up the table with a few good wins.

Maybe we can start that habit this afternoon at Stoke and make a good start to 2018?

Hope so.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• firebug666

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:43 AM

Welcome to 2018, and best wishes to everyone. Let’s hope for some good news this month, but for right now, a couple of paracetamol and a lie down seem in order.

• Nufc-83

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:56 AM

Can anyone read this comment.

• firebug666

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:59 AM

Nufc-83

aye mate, it’s a bit blurry but maybe that’s my eyes lol

• Nufc-83

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:06 AM

Ha good.

I must have posted about 60 comments since the game and only realised yesterday evening that nobody could see them apart from me :)The reason for this was clearly Online Guy asking Ed to ban me and so I had to speak with Ed to allow my posts to be visible. I am not going to get into what I think of online guy doing this and I won’t be conversing with him in the future.

I would like to wish all posters a happy new year even the guys such as catchy etc. Even though we don’t agree we are all NUFC fans and want what’s best for the club in our own minds.

• lochinvar

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:52 AM

Have we signed anyone ?

• toonincheek

Jan 1, 2018 at 11:54 AM

Nufc-83

On-line guy cannot have done anything other than bring
    your posts to Ed’s attention.

Then it’s up to Ed to decide.

Shame on you for going against Ed’s blog guidelines and
    further shame for forcing Ed to monitor/block your posts.