Predicted Newcastle Team To Play Luton Town Today

I was duped this morning into believing Newcastle had been sold.

It was a tweet supposedly from Sky Sports – but it wasn’t – I’m sorry about that, and I have deleted the article – but it’s out there.

Oh my – where’s that shovel to dig a hole for me to disappear into.

As far as reality goes, Newcastle play Luton Town this afternoon, and we think Rafa will play a relatively strong side since we haven’t had a game in five days and our next game is against Swansea next Saturday at home.

Chancel Mbemba – could get start today

We are going to assume that young Freddie Woodman will get his first competitive start in goal.

Here’s the team we think will start this afternoon.

Woodman
Manquillo Mbemba Clark (c) Dummett
Ritchie Merino Hayden Murphy
Joselu Gayle

That’s a strong side, and both Yedlin and Lascelles are rested as they played in all four of the festive games.

What would your team be for today?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Luton Town?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Whoops – I am having a bad day – looks like Mbemba is injured

• Dave

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:29 AM

Ed

• DubaiMicky

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:29 AM

It happens to the best of us Ed, you should see Mandy’s wikipedia page.

I concur, that would be a great team – not sure it’ll happen mind you.

• lesh

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:31 AM

The fake tweet ought to prompt a denial from Ashley if no deal has been agreed.

• thatmatt

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:35 AM

I’d still like to see Merino tried as a No.10. Good striker of the ball, skillful, great in the air and plays there for Spain.

• Jib

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:36 AM

• Bianconeri

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:41 AM

Ed Mbemba is injured 🙁

• DubaiMicky

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:44 AM

lesh, if Ashley or mandy denied every fake bit of news about them then they’d never get anything done.

• Bobbybee

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:45 AM

Merry match day chaps! Not bothered what team we play today tbh. Usually care and get annoyed when we field a weakened team. Travelled to Leicester the other year only for the best coach in the PL to play a joke team, but this season I see priorities must come first.
    Sitting on the centre line again so get a great view of most cup games. 🙂 Usually a great view of us losing, but hey ho!
    That said, we should be able to beat these with even a weakened side. Top of the Second is still Second Division, but they are full of confidence so should be entertaining at least.
    Not going to even try and second guess Rafa today, frankly I have no idea what team he might select.

• Bianconeri

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:52 AM

I’d like to see Woodman play and have a good game.I’d be tempted to give Tom Heardman a chance too.It won’t be the end of the world if we lose today.Bigger fish to fry next week.

• Mag52