Report – Newcastle Interested In New German Transfer Target

The Mail are reporting today that Newcastle are keen on PSG German goalkeeper Kevin Trapp.

Rafa wants to bring in a new number one goalkeeper this month, and we have already been linked with moves for Joe Hart – on loan at West Ham – and Real Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla.

Trapp has played twice for the full German side and joined PSG from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer of 2015.

The 27-year-old is now the backup goalkeeper behind 6ft 5ins French goalkeeper Alphonse Areola.

Kevin Trapp – PSG German International goalkeeper

When he arrived in Paris over two years ago, he had been the number one goalkeeper and has played 80 times for the PSG first team.

But with being out of the side, the 6ft 2ins goalkeeper is concerned and needs first team football, so he has a chance of making Germany’s World Cup squad for Russia this summer.

Rafa wants a new senior goalkeeper at Newcastle brought in, and we saw yesterday that young Freddie Woodman must get first team games to further his development and increase his experience.

That is needed before the (very) promising youngster will be ready to become the number one goalkeeper at Newcastle.

What do you think?

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Luton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• hibbit

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:21 AM

Slank

do you think these are loans with the option to buy ????

• Frank pingles come sock

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:27 AM

Lesh – I think the idea of me setting up ‘The Frank Pingle come sock limited company’ is very appealing and I have been onto a few people this morning , i have some wacky ideas.

Come gloves
    Come scarf
    Come cloth
    Etc etc

• Frank pingles come sock

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:28 AM

Hibbit –

If it’s 10/30 day wait

Latest would be 15/20 th January ?

Did Benítez alude to these dates ?

Mmmmmm

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:30 AM

Comeemoji

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:31 AM

Slimani now no longer available according to Puel. Shame as he was probably the best option possible for a loan.

I think we need to resign ourselves to Ings and Kenedy, with a potential young option from abroad or a loan keeper, at Best this month and pray it is enough.

Musa is available from Leicester, has lightening pace and did pretty wel in Russia. Would question his attitude and football brain though.

• hibbit

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:33 AM

only allowed 2 loans from prem clubs is that right ????

• lochinvar

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:34 AM

Looks like we’re in the market for the minimum of acquisitions or loans who will be just enough to keep us away from the relegation places. Surely we need to have more ambition to ensure that we bring in players who can really make the difference and put us well clear of the likes of Swansea, Stoke and WBA otherwise it’s a long haul.

• Our Toon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:34 AM

Geremi

Musa has bags of pace, decent with the ball at his feet but never really been prolific. I’d take him over ings though as he can play wide or upfront. I honestly think Gayle is better than ings, in all aspects of his game

• Sheikh MagToon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:35 AM

• Our Toon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Hibbit

I think it is which is also why it’s important to get the right players on loan.

Desperately need a keeper as well, I don’t want Joe Hart, the lad is a expensive and not that good

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Slank
    Pity we cannot clone Dummett and Manquilla

ie a Dummquilla or a Manmett we would have one hell of a fullback – good defending and good going forward.

But you are right Manquilla good going forward and linking up with the attack cynically taken out yesterday off the pitch looked nasty when he crashed into the advertising hoardings around the pitch.

Dummett excellent defending loves to tackle but gives us very little going forward lumbered/stuttering in his passing seems to take a age to make up his mind

• Frank pingles come sock

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:37 AM

Shire – Hahaha

Made me laugh out loud

• DubaiMicky

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:38 AM

I like the idea of Trapp – and as he’s not coming from a PL club that will help with other loans (if we need them).

• Frank pingles come sock

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:38 AM

2 loans from one club max (yeah)

• c-dog

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Ashley has gambled in the quality of our manager being enough. A bold move but Rafa really showing his ability.

• Slank

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Our Toon

‘..Ings is finished in my eyes, like I say if you have been out for 30mths you’d he wanting to play no matter what level the club is at. The fact he wants to bench warm says it all..’

I wouldn’t be so quick to rule him out.

I think he is saying the politically correct thing in being patient and waiting for his opportunity. It shows a loyalty to his club, especially what he has been through.

If he started demanding to be selected or saying he wanted away then I wouldn’t want him.

It’s all a matter of interpretation.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:40 AM

Frank

That will be your company logo

Or you could have a comesockemoji

• Slank

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:40 AM

Hibbit,

I would hope it would be a loan with an option to buy as he reportedly has ‘baggage’ whether that is true of just media muckraking I don’t know.

He did something stupid (once ?) in China. If we rejected players for being stupid in their youth we would never have seen Gazzer although to be fair he was stupid all his playing career !

• Slank

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:43 AM

Charlie

‘…a Dummquilla or a Manmett we would have one hell of a fullback – good defending and good going forward…’

And worth a fortune if sold !

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM

325 mil no relegation clause

• Our Toon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM

Slank

He’s behind a kid in solanke and a cripple in Sturridge. He won’t make demands because he knows the only way is down for him from Liverpool.

It took Callum Wilson at least 3 to 6 months to find some kind of form from 1 long term injury. He then picked up another and it’s taken him just as long to find a little bit of form again. One thing he’s admitted is that he can’t run the channels like he used to and he’s lost pace.

To me it’s basic common sense, ings represents a massive gamble. Being a nufc fan I’ve seen more than enough gambles like this take place and fail almost every time!!

I have no issues with ings on loan next season as nothing more than a squad player. I don’t think he’ll add any value in the 4 or 5mths on loan though as the main man, Gayle is a much better option

• c-dog

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Much like the Kenedy gamble?

• Wayayman

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:49 AM

Charlie, it’s Manquillo.

• Tsunki

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM

The big problem with Kenedy is that he’s missing a certain vital something.

I think it’s an “N”

• hibbit

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM

ShirebrookToon ???????????

• Jib

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM

“Munster Mag
    I think I spot player strengths and weaknesses
    quicker than most and don’t get too many wrong.”

Modest kind of chap is our Munster
    😀

• Tsunki

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Ok but it’s early I have to warm up properly yet.

• Tsunki

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Jib he’s more modest than any of us idiots 🙂

• Our Toon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:52 AM

I think a better full back would be a mix of dummett and yedlin. Quick, defensively sound, good at going forward. Just needs to work on crossing

• Slank

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Our Toon,

I would like to say that Rafa is a good judge when it comes to buying players but I can’t given some of the rubbish that have failed to make it.

Given that all managers buy duds I would hope that Ings (or Zings by my autocorrect) would be a loan but I agree with you that Gayle is a much better option.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:55 AM

Hibbit

That’s the deal, been done for weeks. Fatman dragging his heals though.

Ashley had his box stripped out yesterday from what I’ve heard.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM

7-10 days before club is handed over in full.

• Our Toon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM

C Dog

Kenedy is also a gamble like all signings are. One thing is for certain though he can cover on either wing, full back, no10 or upfront. He’s also less likely to be sat in the treatment room and less likely to use the first 3 to 4 months finding his feet.

I see ings and it screams to me of players like luque, Owen, Dyer, Carroll. You wouldn’t get much game time from them and they’d certainly keep the treatment room busy

• hibbit

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Our Toon
    Gayle doesn’t look the player he was since his recent injury, so i see where your coming from

• Munster Mag

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Jeez tsunki it took you long enough! Jib I appreciate it’s early but you were slow too :).

• jimmysmith

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:57 AM

I think Ings might think if he goes out on loan then he’s got one foot out the door at Liverpool. He may believe his best bet is hanging in there for the shot at Liverpool that his injuries have denied him so far.

I’d welcome him at Newcastle, because he’s a talented player who has been fit now for a few months. I don’t think he’s necessarily being a chancer or shirker wanting to hang in there at Liverpool. It’s an elite club. A club you wouldn’t want to leave.

You’d imagine if we are really in for him, we’ve been watching him for a while, and are confident he can add something. I think if fit, he is quite a bit better than what we currently have.

• Our Toon

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM

Slank

Yeah I just don’t see ings being better than what we have. Anyway on the keeper front we desperately need someone with quality

• Slank

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM

Shirebrook,

‘..Ashley had his box stripped out yesterday from what I’ve heard…’

Very painfull I suspect but fully deserved !

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Our Toon
    Any more of our players could you clone… Dan Barlaser with Freddie Woodman.. A Barman
    ho ho ho

Ganna be tough next week against Swansea with Carvalhal in charge – got the better of RAFA and the TOON twice last season

• Colombus

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:59 AM

A forward that might be available now is Kevin Gameiro! Also sad to see Mirallas go to Olympiakos … Think he would have been a really good option.

1 2 3 5