Newcastle To Miss Out On Top Transfer Target – No Players Close To Being Signed


Very disappointing news this Monday morning that Newcastle will probably miss out on getting Kenedy in on loan from Chelsea for the second transfer window running.

The 21-year-old left-sided midfielder had looked the most likely to arrive this month, but the news in the Northern Echo and London press is that Antonio Conte wants to keep Kenedy at Stamford Bridge for the remainder of the season as backup.

The initial agreement this time was that Kenedy would come to Newcastle last week, but that didn’t happen,  which explains Rafa’s comment of late last week that he expected to sign a player week but couldn’t.

And sources in London are saying that Conte will not release Kenedy this month and that’s bad news for Newcastle.

It looks like the 21 year-old Brazilian will get a start on Wednesday in the FA Cup replay at home to Norwich City with the winner playing Newcastle at home on Sunday, January 28th.

Rafa Benitez – Newcastle manager

The only game we have before the 4th round of the FA Cup is at Manchester City and then on Wednesday, January 31st we are at home to Burnley.

It looks like Rafa will field a weakened team in that FA Cup tie.

This is what Rafa said over the weekend about strengthening the side:

“Now it is the transfer window, the next question is always, ‘Do you need help?’ The answer is yes, we do need help.”

“We will try to do our best.” “We are not close to anyone at the moment. The players that are already playing, all of them will be here.”

“The players that are not playing, it depends on each one, but if we cannot bring in players, then maybe we will not move players out.”

The priority must be that we remain a Premier League club this season and things are not looking good with four teams below us in the league over the weekend winning their games and gaining 2 points on us.

We are surprised about this season and thought we could avoid a relegation fight even with the team we had in early September.

But we were wrong, and now we are fighting relegation for the fourth time in the last five PL seasons.

It’s just not good enough for a club as big and famous as Newcastle.

But that’s what’s happened.

The hope is that Rafa can still bring in three or four good players in the next two weeks – somehow.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Swansea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

20 comments so far

  • expatmag

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:41 AM

    Comment #1

    Not surprised. I think someone should report Ashley to the FA as not meeting his duties as a fit and proper owner. Imagine if they received 30 odd thousand calls from NUFC supporters

    14
  • hibbit

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:46 AM

    Comment #2

    Rotonda heights
    i trust the the people we gave me the information and still believe that the information they gave me is 100% correct
    till they tell me otherwise i’ll stay with them .

    4
  • Toondog2

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:49 AM

    Comment #3

    Hibbit,

    Does that mean we still have some hope of a Sale ?? Give me something to cheer about on this Wet and windy morning .

    0
  • geordiemark

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:52 AM

    Comment #4

    if nothing is said about the takeover by at least the 20th of this month then its business as usual for mr Ashley isn’t it, I honestly don’t understand how rafa has stayed this long putting up with so much bullshit from Ashley and his monkey men, ill tell you one thing Ashley after all this goes every Geordie in the world will be on your case you maybe don’t give a shit but we don’t either

    3
  • expatmag

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:52 AM

    Comment #5

    Most here are running out of patience. Tine ro hit SD shops with protests. Get national TV prepped up and hit all major shops in the NE in a coordibated plan of action. This is his first love and it will really hurt him.

    4
  • hibbit

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:53 AM

    Comment #6

    Toondog2

    the honest answer to that is i honestly don’t know

    0
  • geordiemark

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:55 AM

    Comment #7

    expatmag

    that’s what the geordies will do, id be amazed if hes still got one of his shitty direct shops anywhere in Newcastle when it all kicks off because I reckon this time hes gone way to far

    1
  • canny lad

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:58 AM

    Comment #8

    There is no deal. It’s that simple. PCP are professional investors who have run the numbers and seen that 350M for NUFC is a joke. In fact most transaction prices for football clubs are ridiculous, as witnessed by the fact that so few have made money off them. Ashley will not even release ‘maintenance capex’ to buy the (at least) 3 players urgently required. We are, as per usual, in the Schmitt. In addition we have no indication whatsoever that life under PCP and friends would be any different. Prepare once again for massive disappointment for so is life as a NUFC supporter.

    10
  • lesh

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:59 AM

    Comment #9

    What a shambles and Ashley’s playing a very dangerous game. My take on the situation is that he’s unwilling to agree terms with PCP unless they’re his terms and is trying to force PCP into buying the club at his price AND pay for squad strengthening. PCP’s backers won’t go with that.

    Ashley did agree that the squad needed strengthening and committed to backing Radar with funds if a buyer for the club hadn’t been by Xmas. We’ll, Xmas came and went and to all intents and purposes he’s still negotiating with PCP so there is a potential buyer there so there’s no reason to support Rafa, yet.

    Ah, but hang on, we’ve had reports of another potential bidder for the club and add to that, Jazzy’s report of middle-eastern looking chaps at SJP on Saturday – no sign of AS though. Is Ashley trying to force PCP to up its bid? Probably. Will he succeed? Unlikely. Could he be trying to get PCP to walk away from the deal and timed just as the window’s closing – leaving little or no time to deal in the transfer market? He’ll not succeed with that one – PCP’s made an offer which’ll lay on the table until Ashley decides whether to take it or otherwise.

    If we go down, he’s lost a lot of money and as far as the club’s concerned, well………..

    2
  • expatmag

    Jan 15, 2018 at 8:59 AM

    Comment #10

    Geordiemark

    Hijack the t@at and maybe one misty sunday morning, some poir copper will find his body hanging from the Tybe Bridge by his buster browns

    3
  • ashleysmate

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:02 AM

    Comment #11

    R.I.P. Cyril Regis…59? No age

    6
  • expatmag

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:03 AM

    Comment #12

    LESH

    I am starting to think our best option is relegation if it eventually means getting rid of this parasite.

    I do think a bkanket demobstration recorded on vational TV is a good way to get back at him.

    2
  • geordiemark

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:05 AM

    Comment #13

    expatmag

    naa I was thinking more like 2 big barrels because lets face it Ashley isn’t skinny is he 🙂 pour quick drying concrete in them stick his legs in and wait till it goes off take him into the north sea let him freeze like hell and chuck him over board hmm hang on maybe that’s to good for him though

    1
  • expatmag

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:06 AM

    Comment #14

    Apologies for my spelling. On to my second bottle of aussie red………hic

    0
  • geordiemark

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:07 AM

    Comment #15

    ashleysmate

    aye just saw that this morning r-I-p good striker he was like his mate Cunningham both dead now poor buggers

    2
  • lochinvar

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:26 AM

    Comment #16

    Expat@12
    What makes you think that Ashley will disappear if we are relegated ?
    More likely that he’ll stay and just use the club as some sort of tax loss.

    On a brighter note maybe Ant’s ex wife could help with the transfer fund as she’s just copped a £31m divorce settlement of the lad.

    0
  • JP...from The Rock

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:29 AM

    Comment #17

    Man this club is depressing! We’re always in the brown stuff. Constant stream of bad news. Ashley being the main culprit of this debacle.

    If / when we’re relegated there is still no guarantee that we will get rid of chubby and no more certain will the takeover happen either.

    The amount of times this club has shot itself on the foot is unbearable. When on earth will we have the fortune we long suffering fans deserve.

    3
  • canny lad

    Jan 15, 2018 at 9:44 AM

    Comment #18

    I envy the Mackems, if we were bottom of the Championship Ashley would sell up and go. Sadly looks like the only viable option to rid ourselves of him.

    1
  • GPPaweyyekna

    Jan 15, 2018 at 10:13 AM

    Comment #19

    info@thefa.com Heres an email address for the FA

    0
  • BANDWBURNABY

    Jan 15, 2018 at 2:19 PM

    Comment #20

    NEW TAKEOVER BID FOR NEWCASTLE
    A new group are rumoured to be interested in buying the club. Ashley was spotted in a fish & chip shop with two men in sunglasses & clean jeans & Ashley picked up the bill, must be something in it for him. Newcastle are also interested in twenty seven players both for transfer & loan but don’t expect the offer of a free helicopter ride with Ashley to be accepted. Well that’s my article for the press to publish for gullible Toon fans to read. Will drop it off on way to golf course & think of some more fairy stories they will devour. Life of a sport writer is tough
    B.S. Scribe

    1

You must log in to post a comment.