Angry Fans Blame Owner As Ashley Ends Staveley Negotiations – Rafa Could Now Leave

The distressing news that Mike Ashley has walked away from negotiations with Amanda Staveley and her PCP Capital Partners group has caused Newcastle fans to flock once again to Twitter.

There is no doubt who the fans blame for the breakdown in talks and the terrible shape the Newcastle squad is in at the moment.

It’s the absent owner Mike Ashley.

Rafa Benitez will now have to do some soul-searching to see if he wants to keep working under a novice in football ownership, who is leading the club – his name is Mike Ashley.

Newcastle’s absent and stubborn owner – Mike Ashley

Here are some comments from fans who are both angry at what’s happened and concerned about the future of Newcastle United.

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:21 PM

In the very first tweet foul language, I’m telling Ed.

• nufc 11

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:25 PM

Ashley said during the may ssn interview that he has made a lot of mistakes while in charge of nufc. I don’t think he has the comprehension of the fallout of this, not for a second. Fans should take the power and skip the next game.

?

• jazzyp

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:27 PM

Pcp hitting back at Ashley lies… Well well well !!

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:30 PM

I don’t have ssn what are they actually saying now?

Is there a deal? Was there a deal or just a offer?

• Dagwoodz

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:33 PM

I wonder how many people are still posting in the old thread….

• DaveD1000

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:33 PM

says no deal on table

• Rotonda heights

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:33 PM

Done deal my a–e! Well and truly learnt my lesson with itk’s now. What a load of bs. Posada was right all along.

• JackButler

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:35 PM

PCP have said that a firm offer was submitted and remains on the table.

Ashley has said he loves playing silly buggers in order to get more money from any and all deals……….okay that but I made up but the pcp bit is true

• twotonearmy

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:37 PM

Every transfer window something like this comes up and every transfer window we are left scratching our heads as to why we believed there was ever a chance. Either its a buyer, unlikely transfer, talk of a promising loan, or a surge of funds coming in from the omnipotent owner himself but nope, none of it ever comes true.

Sick and tired of getting my hopes up that this team will be respectable again. Plenty of other teams in the league that are not part of the elite and yet they still give their fans something to cheer for and believe every week. This owner just keeps grinding the hearts of the fans and treating us like we are garbage.

• jazzyp

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:37 PM

Craig Hope?
    Verified account

@CraigHope_DM

Mike Ashley will now only sit down for takeover talks with interested parties who make a deposit of cash to prove they are serious about buying NUFC.

• hibbit

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM

i’m told sky have been conned with fake news and the deal is still in place !!!!!!!

• Ron Knee

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Repost

Moonraker

Sky backtracking? On their website?

• Rotonda heights

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM

Staveley has now failed with Liverpool allegedly twice and now with nufc. Hmmm…..

• jazzyp

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM

Hibbit

Really.. God I hope you are right mate

• Ibizatoon

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:42 PM

I caught the tail end of a conversation on here earlier, something about someone in the inner circle being in trouble over leaking info connected to the sale. Any idea which side this person is said to be on?

• yorkymag

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:42 PM

Shire, sparky, dubai, hibbit
    I have said on a number of occasions,that I don’t always agree with your posts
    But I do respect your rite to say what you have heard or think
    You have nothing to feel bad about
    Chin up

• canny lad

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:43 PM

Breaking news – absolutely nobody cares what Hibbit has heard.

• twotonearmy

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:44 PM

Wasn’t it a week ago that some reporters were saying the deal was on and was verified by several sources. Now this report comes out that its off. Until we hear an official statement this is just like the thousand transfer rumors that spin around and go nowhere.

I’m only upset bc I let myself believe it was true when I knew I shouldn’t have.

• JackButler

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:44 PM

I bet Ashley is sat at home, a voodoo doll wearing a NUFC shirt in his hand. Laughing his ass off as he sticks pins in the heart while watching sky sports news, think of the amount of meltdown going on right now

• Tsunki

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:45 PM

Nope you don’t do public ultimatums and especially not with some cultures as losing face is worse than losing money.

Ashley’s punt that Rafa would coax this championship side to mid table stability has gone pop, the relegation clause has been a sticking point and neither side could meet.

Cue limited funds with the aim of just skimming the relegation pond and regroup with all his pr employees earning their bonuses until the end of the season, by which time Rafas already-booked his resignation will be due.

In the meantime, if offers come in for key players, how many will want to stay? Good question.

Curious atmosphere next home game.

• Tsunki

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM

JB actually I bet Ashley is as sick as we are that we are stuck with each other.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM

Hibbitt

You need to give it up now mate

• ThirdStripeBlack

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:47 PM

Stop for a moment and imagine being a player at the club with all this going on around you. As JL said, the players can all read.

What a horrid distraction.

• Dagwoodz

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:47 PM

JackButler @20

I was expecting the meltdown on here to be worse than it was….I’m sure it will be later on tonight when some of the other posters get on here.

• getoutofworeclub

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:47 PM

Well I no this would happen so in truth its not a surprise Rafa will be gone by the 20th if not before we will never by a team under ash simple it’s been like this for 11 years with him lies lies that’s all we get he won’t sell unless we stand do go to home games stay away untill he sells enough is enough I no some people on here say it won’t work but I for one think it will empty ground that’s the only way it has to be tried but ground has to be empty to show that we mean business and pro test outside ground during the match

• ShireToon

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:48 PM

Someone has baited the water. And sky have bitten. They’ve been sold a kipper.

Im told this is #FAKENEWS!!

• Dagwoodz

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:49 PM

RH @23

Not sure if having a go at those who have shared information in good faith is a worthy pursuit of your time. It’s certainly not helping the tone of the blog.

• JackButler

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:50 PM

Dagwoodz

I think most see this for what it really is and that’s nothing more than a high stakes money play on Ashley’s part. If an official announcement had been made then the meltdown would have been monumental and something to behold.

Sad thing is, it shows how used to his market trader ways we are

• Belfast

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:51 PM

I just wanna know how Indian Magpie always makes it on here with his bloody tweets? Is he paying ed a retainer fee or what?

• JackButler

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:52 PM

Tsunki

I don’t believe it’s anything more than a play to,up the amount that’s been offered mate.

Ashley at his devious, spivy best.

• jazzyp

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:52 PM

So Sky’s Ashley “people” say there was never a bid for nufc whilst BBC’s Staverley “people” say there is. Doesn’t add up; someone is playing games and my money is on the proven liar and well known gambler. More going on than meets the eye imo.

• Reilly

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:52 PM

meh.

• G

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:56 PM

Just out of interest, has anybody actually spoken to Rafa with regards to how he feels about this? Or are we seriously taking the word of a tabloid story which the other press have picked up on because its trending? I’ll wait for a club satement before I wet myself if you don’t mind.

• Always hoped he sell but knew he wouldnt

• Rafa tweets….. . i am a god and can do without this shit.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:59 PM

Dag think you’re confusing me with someone who gives a —-.

• Ibizatoon

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:00 PM

On the subject of our resident (recent) itk’s.

Not one of them has ever from my memory given information about the club or tried to itk. It’s clear there has been something going on and therefore, people would have been sharing information. It is possible that information was incorrect. Either by design or circumstance. It happens.

If this news was given to us by mysterious new users, then yeah. but come on, you may not agree with them, but these are established posters on this blog. What’s their end game?

The only criticism I’d have is of Hibbit getting a little too excited and saying he’d leave the blog. There was no need, no one asked for it (not that I saw anyway). It was a bit silly, but it happens to us all 🙂

Some like info, others don’t, but ffs, do we really need to be at war with each other over it?

Let’s see what news filters out, or, let’s have a discussion over what fans might be able to do. Please note I only said a discussion, not asking people to storm SJP or start burning season tickets. Although…sorry, couildn’t help myself – it was only a joke.

• sparky55

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Hibbit

Best to let this play out now and say nowt now til the deal is done…too much hysteria and poison in the air again.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:02 PM

Sure most wont believe this but I have family at the academy and it’s their parents who spend a lot of time at the club. Regularly see first team coaches and Rafa, who they say is a total gent and always spares a few minutes of his time.

He’s said he wasn’t happy with the delay in talks and that’s here I got my info about Ashley not meeting deadlines.

Again, I don’t expect everyone to believe, just feel it’s worrh sharing my sources.

1 2 3 8