Fans Have Their Say On Imminent Arrival Of Kenedy On Loan

He’s a player Rafa has wanted at Newcastle on loan since last summer but it seems that 21 year-old Kenedy is highly regarded at the London club and there will be no “option to buy” him in the loan contract.

But if he plays well and creates a bond with the Newcastle fans maybe he will want to join Newcastle later in his career – maybe even in the summer?

We expect him to be surprised at the welcome he will get from Newcastle fans – he’s young but looks a very good technical player who we are hoping Rafa will get the best out of him in the remaining games of the season.

I agree with James – think Dummett will stay as left back and Kenedy on the left wing – he looked great there for Chelsea last time out.

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:18 PM

I couldn’t be bothered about shelvey leaving as he has been hopeless as far as I’m concerned.. Use his money to splash on a striker and no. 10..

• posada

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Toonincheek
    I was hoping Batshoeaye was perhaps the mystery 20 million pound man.
    So, not a loan.

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:24 PM

ilovetoon8788
    what do you think Shelvey is worth
    i’ve seen anything from 10m to 15m and that’s only today ???

• toon kk

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:25 PM

Ilovetoon
    While I agree we desperately need a proven striker as we’ve been a toothless team for years, although Gayle did a great job at championship level. I would rather keep Shelvey he definitely not hopeless.

• posada

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:26 PM

You often hear it said that a club will not bring in a real star as they would have to break their wage structure.
    Well, not so in my view. Each player should get his market value as a wage.
    We are in games most of the time, but don’t have the real stars that make a difference especially a goal scorer.
    I remember the boro team of many years ago. Journeymen average players for the most part with three exceptional players.
    Ravanelli,Juninho and Emmerson.
    Sounds like a plan to me.

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:27 PM

Posada
    i would blow the budget on Michy Batshuayi
    quality player in my eyes

• WLtoon

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:32 PM

I would,nt touch Batshui with a barge pole. he was hopeless against Norwich. His touch and overall play was terrible. So he scored a tap in but we need someone much competitive and more confident than him if we are to stay up.

• toon kk

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:33 PM

Really pleased to get Kenedy on loan, but he’s still very young and although he will improve our team he definitely won’t transform it, several new faces are needed to upgrade our championship squad.

• twotonearmy

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM

For anyone that’s said Batshuayi isn’t for us, I agree. I try to keep an eye on him whenever a Chelsea game is on and he seems to always break the play. Willian, Hazard, and co are passing the ball fluidly and then Bats gets it and its a poor first touch or he runs right into a defender.

Would be a better finisher than what we have but not sure he’s the striker we need.

• posada

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:42 PM

Hibit

On Batshuayi. I’ve heard some pundits say his movement is not good etc. Others say that is not fair and it will improve.
    I’d leave the judgement to the manager. But if not him something on a similar level.
    He has size, power and pace. We don’t have that in any of our forwards. I think we would be in games more with someone of that stature.

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:48 PM

i would definitely take him any day of the week but to be honest i think he’s way out of our price range .

• Cardiff NUFC

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:49 PM

Great news if this Kennedy deal goes through and it is almost certain to! I am unsure where I stand on Shelvey; he has the ability to play that killer pass but his stats, in terms of goals and assists, are not great and defensively he is poor at best. If you look at the Coutinho goal against Liverpool and the Chupo-Moting chance against stoke it shows just how easily he is beaten with a drop of the shoulder. I personally wouldn’t sell him as he is one of our more talented players. However, I am, just a little, sceptical of how much his attacking creativity compensates for his mediocre defending. Any thoughts?

• Bigjim67

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:54 PM

Batshuayi would get us the goals we need to stay in the prem.

• Oldgit1

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:54 PM

With Arsenal bringing in another striker, it could be that Wellbeck may drop down the pecking order. I see him more of a possibility than some names being branded about. Another possibility is Deeney who apparently refused to sign for us because Rafa wouldn’t confirm he will be staying with us.
    All other names being reported are unreal, fake news so to speak.

• Jib

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:57 PM

ilovetoon8788
    I couldn’t be bothered about shelvey leaving as
    he has been hopeless as far as I’m concerned.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

and

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:57 PM

what do people think Shelvey is worth
    the values being quoted don’t seem great for a player valued so highly by some ????

• Oldgit1

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:59 PM

How about people on this site nominate two names who they think will be signed, might find out who are the Itk.
    As stated mine are either Welbeck or Deeney.

• mac the jaffrey

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Good idea oldgit,

Mine are Hernandez or Willian Jose

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Oldgit1
    i read a bit today that Deeney fancies WBA local lad wants to go home !!
    don’t know if there’s anything in it though

• Oldgit1

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:06 PM

@ Hibbit don’t think WBA have the money unless they manage to sell Jones mate

• Cardiff NUFC

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Hibbit,

I was thinking that mate. It’s not worth selling him at any price really though as the fat bastard will probably pocket a lot of it anyway.

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Oldgit1
    mine would be=
    Islam Slimani and Willian Jose

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:13 PM

Cardiff NUFC- I would definitely sell Shelvey in the summer. And perhaps this January if it funds the move for a clinical striker. We need goals and Shelvey has only scored one all season for us and during games just hovers around our backline trying that hollywood pass everytime. Problem is we would be light in the middle if he left as we would be relying on the rest.

• Our Toon

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:13 PM

I see jail is up to his usual tricks, yes I don’t subscribe to rafa is God and therefore must be right in every decision he makes. It goes against the grain on what people feel on here, I can see obvious mistakes and point them out but I don’t want him gone though.

I predicted 15th before the season started as we had the 15th best squad in the league so I’m content, I also stated rafa is a cup manager and not a league manager as his success have come in cups mainly, was shot down and told rafa will win us points over others as he’s world class.

As the season has gone on the tune has changed. This is now apparently a championship squad, tell me how can this be a championship side when it won the championship last season and they’ve all played in the PL with the exception of maybe Murphy before the season started….that argument makes no sense!!

To me no one is bigger than nufc not even rafa, if I point out faults that doesn’t mean I want him gone, he does make mistakes and won’t run away if you point it out. It’s about being fair and balanced like I have been with all managers and not picking and choosing like most have decided to do on here as to what they can or can’t be critical of!!

Plenty of room for middle ground on both sides!!

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:14 PM

Oldgit1 …………Jonny Evans ?????

• MAUTITOON

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:14 PM

I guess it’s shola AMEOBI

• U.S Magpie

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM

I can see the Jonjo deal going through, 10 – 12 Mill to West Ham. He it a good player we know this but he has one great game then two good games then 2 crap games, not really what we need. We need a player that has all good games, consistent is the key. His anger issues are the things that could cause us issues this next few months, if he gets sent off then we lose him for three games, not really something we need in a relegation battle.
    I don’t really think we need to jump on the, lets get someone to replace him. Newcastle have enough Midfielders we don’t need another one. We need a right back as all the teams know this is our weakest position and of course two strikers, maybe a forward out and out and a really good number ten. Lets hope Rafa is working his magic, if this works we stay in the prem, A/S purchases the club and we then invest big in the summer the beginning of a new chapter for the club and fans. Howay the Toon.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:17 PM

Dembele or Schurrle for me

• Cardiff NUFC

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:19 PM

JP,

I see where you are coming from. My problem with that is Hayden is, for me, not yet good enough. Merino and Hayden are both young and Diame (despite his recent vein of form) has been truly dire at times. Furthermore, Merino is struggling with injury. I understand we need a striker and desperately but leaving ourselves threadbare in the centre of the park is not the answer. I would far rather we sold Mitrovic, who I bloody love may i just say, purely because he is rotting away and not being used.

• ToonRich

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:19 PM

ShirebrookToon, why not both 😉

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:21 PM

ToonRich

You just never know. Stranger things have happened 😉

• hibbit

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:23 PM

I’m not a big fan of Shelvey but the kid must be worth more than £12m
    we paid that for a championship player

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Shelvey won’t be going anywhere. With the right players he will flourish. He loves it up here and his missus does too!

• twotonearmy

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Investing in a quality striker is a win win for Ashley. It will either be enough to keep us up and reap the rewards of the Prem money, or we go down and with inflated new TV money prices we sell the player for more than we bought them in six months.

• mac the jaffrey

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Caulkin has pretty much put the Dembele/Gameiro rumours to bed…..nothing negative yet regarding Schurrle though interestingly…….

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Hibbit

I was thinking the same. 20mil plus in today’s prices.

• mac the jaffrey

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Maybe the Shelvey rumour has something in it and would involve either Hernandez or Sakho coming our way

• MAUTITOON

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:26 PM

What werewe calling the silver supremo for not playing BEN arfa?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:26 PM

I don’t think I’ll bother any more to respond to the idiots who can’t see what a good player Shelvey actually is, total football know nowts imo.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:29 PM

What was really funny re. the wiki/Jose thing is that he is mentioned as having signed for the Heed not us.

Well done Steve Watson! 🙂