Newcastle Fans Frustrated – Fume At Lack Of Transfers – Ashley The Target

Newcastle are engaged in a long drawn out bid to sign one of their transfer targets this month.

So what’s new?

Mike Ashley is trying to get a good deal for Nicolai Jorgensen but time is of the essence, and it could be we will miss out on the Danish striker.

But not before more precious days have been lost in the transfer window.

Newcastle fans rightly point out that Jorgensen cost only £3.5M 18 months ago when he was signed from Copenhagen, so how can he be worth £20M now?

That may not be the right way to look at it.

Jorgensen is worth £20M to Newcastle if he helps us to avoid relegation and with the drop losing a minimum of £100M next season.

It’s the equivalent of value pricing in consulting when you set the price of the product on what the value is to the customer – not what it costs the consultant group to produce.

They are usually high-profit deals.

We hope we can get this lad through the door and soon too.

Mike Ashley – Newcastle owner

• Bambams

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:18 AM

It’s all a bit of a mess and an old saying ” Don’t expect bad men to do good”…..

The longer this goes on suggests nothing will happen, no more signings and Rafa will be dangled the carrot….’Keep the club in the PL and Staveley will buy in the summer”

But who knows what will happen in the summer…..

• Tsunki

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:18 AM

Smoke, mirrors

• Rotonda heights

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:25 AM

Not at all upset on this. 22M is ridiculous. Surely there are some short term loans or even swaps we could do for far better proven players, who although may be expensive in wages, will be far less as a temporary fix to beat the drop, than hoying 22M and wages on Jorgansen.

That said, either Charnley is an awful negotiator or is just another yes man under orders. It’s always rinse and repeat with ashley. Bishop spin, pretend to sell the club, reject any offers, make endless false transfer claims around ST renewal time. If Kenedy is the only incomer, we’re gone, Rafa or not. A miracle worker would struggle with this hard working but very limited group.

Bambams, although staveley is the only game in town, I’m not sure ash would deal with her now or in future.

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:25 AM

If Mitro plays Sunday it’ll be like a new signing

• Jib

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:26 AM

Most of the Dutch media I have read
    thinks Feyenoord are asking stupid money
    for Jorgenson but they don’t need to sell
    so they can do so.

• Thunder and lightning

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:32 AM

Use who you have end of season inc Nitro then give the fat controller the two fingers and say “I told you so”

• Rob1971

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Rotanda its not the point whether there is better out there, Rafa has picked players he wants thsi kid is one of them and Ashley has again not backed his manager, he low balls with every bid and we end up missing out on players, the window will be ending soon and so far we have 1 loan player, if Rafa isn’t backed again why would he stay in the summer under this owner?

• Jib

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM

At times like this it’s always nice to
    remember we aren’t Sunlun facing
    the prospect of Birmingham away
    on Tuesday night to keep them firmly
    pinned in the bottom three.

• Dave

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM

Pete Graves
    ?
    @PeteGravesSky
    Amazing the backlash I get every time I tweet about #nufc. All those who’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with me in the away end, crowded out by folk who’ve never been to a game suggesting I’m a mouthpiece etc. It’s brilliant. Love it. What a sensational bunch x

• AncientC

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM

The transfer window isn’t closed yet, and as far as I remember, the leopard known as Mike Ashley hasn’t changed his spots (even if he is wearing non-prescription glasses on his head in the above pic), so why the suddenly overt outrage?

• Jib

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:49 AM

Ed can post what he likes in his articles
    It’s his blog
    However
    I do wish he wouldn’t characterise any
    tweet on the subject of NUFC as
    “the opinions of Toon fans”
    If he took the time to read them all carefully
    he would soon see many tweeters are anything but.

• All Aboot Toon

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:52 AM

I can’t see Jorgensen being the saviour.
    I seriously hope there’s a deal going on somewhere for a recognised PL striker (I doubt it though).
    I’m not too bothered who as long as they can bag a few goals ’til the end of the season.
    Ashley is a discount merchant, so he won’t buy anyone unless he thinks he has shaved
    a few quid off the asking price.

• AncientC

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:59 AM

It seems to me that Jorgensen will be signed; his club are attempting to get a higher fee for him, but let’s be honest, they are not going to turn down £14 million. It is worth a shot trying to get a bigger fee out of Charnley, but Moses had better luck attempting to extract water out of a rock on the 2nd attempt.

• stan anderson

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:03 AM

How many times we fall for the same ferkin lies from the fat slug.
    Ashley OOT

• lochinvar

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Torres
    To join
    Newcastle 8/1
    MLS Club 8/1
    Leicester 20/1

Would sell a few more shirts

• Lindisfarne

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:03 AM

I hope there is a new banner at the next home match on Wednesday saying, ” Mike Ashley is tiring, frustrating and a complete waste of time”

Or even,
    “ASHLEY IS A SHYSTER”

• mactoon

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:09 AM

It’s the perfect deal to allow Ashley to waste the remaining few days of the window by bidding too low. I would expect a hell of a lot more for £20 million than this guy so just move on for god’s sake

• Novocastrian66

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:13 AM

It’s not about Jorgensen being a saviour, it’s about the typical way Newcastle United go about their transfer business. Somehow, someone has identified this player as what we need. I’m not going to argue about that because I’ve never seen him play.
    What it is about and what needs to happen is; that the owner should back the judgement of the man he has employed to run the football team and buy the player.

• Geordie-john

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:37 AM

THIS IS BLOODY TYPICAL OF NUFC OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS OR SO. I HAVE JUST READ THAT NUFC’S INPROVED BID HAS BEEN REJECTED. EXPECTING TO READ £18M REJECTED IT’S £15M ! IT’S LIKE ARGUING THE PRICE OF A PACKET OF SWEETS IN A CORNER SHOP.
    WE WILL NOW LOSE THIS PLAYER AS ANOTHER TEAM POSSIBLY THE LIKES OF BURNLEY WILL COME AND OFFER £20M AND HE WILL BE GONE. LIKE ALL THE REST OVER THE YEARS THAT HAVE BEEN STOLEN FROM UNDER NUFC’S NOSE.
    YOU GREEDY PENNY PINCHING FAT GIT. MORE FALSE PROMISES LIKE EVERY YEAR. I HOPE YOU GET BIT ON THE ARSE THROUGH THIS . I,VE HAD ENOUGH ! STICK YOUR SEASON TICKET UP YOUR ARSE AFTER 25 YEARS OF BEING THERE THROUGH THICK AND THIN IN ALL WEATHERS. I AM TOTALLY EMBARRASSED BY YOU !
    I HAVE WATCHED NEWCASTLE FOR 45 YEARS AND NOW I WON’T SET FOOT IN THE GROUND UNTIL YOU’RE GONE.

• consettmags

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Well said Geordie John , now that should be on a flag

• TomaKaThor

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:20 PM

I am actually very surprised there hasn’t been a genuine attempt on Mike Ashley’s life or atleast a good beating. Oh how I hate the man, please just leave for the love of God. I feel like laughing and crying all in one go with the man, just genuinely exhausted by the predictability of him and the fact he knows he is universaly hated and just refuses to go unless he gets more millions to add to his billions.

• giimps

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:16 PM

You cant take it with you Mikey, hopefully we will find this out soon enough, be nice if Mandy visited you in your hospital bed and offered to buy the club, just like you did with Fred……..

• Geordie-john

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Consettmags comment #20.
    Thanks ! I mean every word that i said I’ve had enough. Even the Makems will have something to laugh about. US ! Put it on a flag ! Wave it front of him.
    That’s me done until he is gone. ! I won’t even watch them on the TV. I will never buy another shirt or go to the Magpie suite for Sunday lunch with my Family. It’s gonna do me in but until he goes, I’m Done !

• BANDWBURNABY

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:45 PM

So far we have been associated with 146 incoming players & the club sold twice, that is only in last 3 months Net result 1 player on loan who was supposed to be here last year So fatty has got one more year by lying & promising Raffa players & funds for the total expense of a loan players wages. This fat ogre will never spend a penny until he is hung by his ankles from Tyne Bridge I HATE THE MAN