Kenedy – The City Is Beautiful – Rafa is Excellent Coach – I’ll Do My Best

New signing Kenedy has given a press conference today at the Benton training grounds and one reason he says he wanted to come to Newcastle was that Rafa Benitez is the manager.

He has said all the right things and that before coming to Tyneside he had talked to Rafa and the manager was excellent; he thinks he can learn a lot from the world-class coach.

With two days to go in the transfer window, Kenedy is so far the only players signed although we are making a late move for Daniel Sturridge on loan from Liverpool although West Brom are also after the striker.

Let’s hope Daniel doesn’t prefer playing at West Brom rather than Newcastle – that would be hard to take – but it’s possible nonetheless.

Kenedy – at his press confernce today

Kenedy can give us a great outlet on the left with his skill and speed.

This is some of what the Brazilian said during the press conference:

“The city is beautiful, the club is wonderful and I am really happy to be part of the club.”

“It’s been really good. The coach will decide where I will play, but I am enjoying it and I will do my best for the team.”

“It was a nice experience to sign.” “It’s a big team and it’s really good to be part of it and I will do my best.”

“I am here to give my soul to the team and to be happy.” “I will do my best on the field and I hope I can help my colleagues to get the team out of this situation.”

“I will do my best because it’s a big opportunity.” “I want to grab this opportunity and all that comes with it.”

“Rafa is an excellent coach and I think he will help me a lot.”

“I intend to learn a lot at this club. He was excellent when I talked to him before coming here and I think he will help me a lot.”

Kenedy is likely to make his debut at St. James’ Park on Wednesday night and it’s likely he will start the game on the bench since he’s a little short of match practice.

He’ll get all the support he needs from the Newcastle fans during his stay.

What do you think?

• Munster Mag

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:55 PM

Pardew will get sturridge, with his cheeky London glazier patter. Sorry to ask, but what is the deadline. Tomorrow night?

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:56 PM

Ha what an absolute embarrassment that we lose out to West Brom with Pardew in charge to Sturridge.

This club has well and truly hit rock bottom. Absolutely disgusted. Especially when reading from Caulkin that he would be our only target. It’s so anger inducing.

So another relegation rival strengthens at our expense and we sit around failing to do the bare minimum.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Thought you couldn’t have more than 2 premier league players on loan ?

West Brom not got 2 already ?

• lochinvar

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:59 PM

And what’s happening with Luan ?
    Get him in alongside Sturridge and Kennedy would be interesting

• Munster Mag

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:00 PM

I was optimistic that rafa wud be backed but that optimism is leaving me at a rate of knots 🙁

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:03 PM

To late
    Ashley the finance man and Penfold are on the last boat to leave Cape Town for St Helena, (before airport opens) twenty miles out to see lose all mobile communications – takes three days to get there – Thursday Morning

• Shot Bru

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:03 PM

‘I intend to learn a lot at this club’

Hey Kenedy…youll pick up key phrases such as unprofessional, incompetence, fannying around, smoke and mirrors, couldn’t get him across the line, Penfold, Sports Direct and Fat Controller!!

• DubaiMicky

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Munster, so was I, and it’s leaving me at warp speed sadly.

• lochinvar

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:05 PM

Give Sturridge some credibility.
    He wants to get his career back on track and his options are Pardew at WBA and a few thousand fans in a tin shack stadium or Rafa with his Liverpool connections, Newcastle and 52,000 fans in SJP.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Kennedy thinks he’s come to NUFC to as he thinks he can learn a lot from the world-class coach. Listen son RAFA will be gone by the end of the week & Charnley & Trashley thought they had brought in “the Messiah”

• Mr Funk

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:07 PM

Apparently Luan is not going anywhere

• SirBobbyRobby

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:08 PM

West Brom have just signed a defender on loan. Alongside the polish guy from Psg that makes up two loans…..

• L Toon

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Mark Douglas: Where next for Newcastle United?

Rafa Benitez would be hugely disappointed if a move for Daniel Sturridge – talked about from the start of the window – falls through. The Birmingham-born striker seems to have opted for West Brom after failing to travel to the north east today. With Feyenoord playing hard ball over Nicolai Jorgensen – they want £20m and have told NUFC to do a deal before 6pm or forget about it – they would have to turn to other loan targets. Sandro Ramirez of Everton and Leicester’s Islam Slimani have come under consideration but we are moving into the final days of the window now and the nightmare scenario of not getting anyone at all is now staring United in the face. It does not bare thinking about.

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM

Sir bobby, the PSG doesnt count, the rule is 2 from EPL

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:11 PM

its only 2 from premier league clubs other leagues don’t count

• Mr Funk

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:12 PM

Is it back to Krmencik

• welshgeordie9

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM

What a load of rubbish, only one person in and that’s only on loan.

• SirBobbyRobby

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM

Ah….

Shite

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM

Ashley’s lot couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Prediction If the board fails to bring in anyone else of note this window then Rafa’s position is made untenable. I think he will walk.
    There’s only one outcome to this window .Play it again Sam.No don’t, we have been humiliated too many times in the January window by this useless Tub of Lard.

• Mr Funk

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:17 PM

@ Hibbit

But Ashley can definitely run a piss up in a football club

• Mr Funk

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Maye we should go for Richmond Boyake

• willowdalerez

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:19 PM

SirBobbyRobby

It’s a limit of 2 Prem Team players on loan. Can bring as many loanees as you want from abroad.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Mitro – get thee shooting boots polished & get the cotton wool that RAFA’s wrapped thee in off. You need to lead the line & play like you have for your country.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:21 PM

The football market is bloody huge yet Ashley and his bum chum Charnley can’t bring in a quality player here be it on loan or permanent.

Disgusted with this regime! Fcuk off Ashley you tight greedy twat!! You must be the tightest Billionaire on the world!!

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Well there’s one thing this group of players was good enough to bring us up as Champions, the very worst they (plus Kennedy)can do is take us down

• willowdalerez

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:23 PM

Any chance Klopp just wanted to stick it to Rafa… As between Pardew and Rafa he must know who’d be the more dangerous rival so why risk keeping them afloat if they just might sink into relegation?

• ToonRich

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:25 PM

If Joe Hart gets his loan terminated at WHU, can see him ending up here on D-Day :/

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:30 PM

Why do we keep trusting this man? ,Year in year out when he only brings doom, gloom & anger to us. The man is a compulsive liar & needs treatment. There’s one thing he must be – the world’s most unpopular/hated billionaire .Get him in the Guiness Book of Records. Is all this wealth bringing him happiness? – I f…ing hope not because he’s bringing total misery to billions of NUFC fans all round the world

• willowdalerez

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:30 PM

West Lancs Geordie

You are right but the problem is we’ll lose a good number fo the best if we go down this time. Without Rafa who will convince the likes of Shelvey, Murphy, Lascelles, Ritchie etc. to stay on the Toon? We haven’t any marquee players to sell for big cash either to gobble up top Championship level players either. Harder for us if we go down this year than it was in 15-16. It’s to scary ti contemplate and Rafa made clear in his interview he’ll know what he needs to know on the 31st (Actually he’ll know it tomorrow at cut-off time but same difference).

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Leaving thought.
    Remember tomorrow is the first day of the rest of Ashley’s tenure at NUFC

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Willow Worry not mate.
    This squad is far worse than the previous two that went down. WE may have to go down even to the third tier before we rise again as we certainly won’t bounce straight back this time. However Man City went down to the third tier and look at them now. We are the new Man City ( waiting to happen). All we need is a rich prince to back it’s 52500 fanatical fans (the best in the land, no sorry the world)
    It will happen but probably not in my lifetime!
    NOWT for us under this pathetic Tub o’Lard

• Geordie-john

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:39 PM

##### ######## ###### ””’# # ##### ‘;;;[-= ##########//./.,/;#[]’
    Sorry blood pressure of the scale now !
    GREEDY COCK-ney Fat f##k.
    This is the ultimate final f##k up the arse from Fatman. The sale of the club must be happening after all.