Dubravka, Lejeune Amd Kenedy Start Against Manchester United – No Slimani

Rafa Benitez and Newcastle have just announced the team to play Manchester United at St. James’ Park today.

Newcastle are now 4th bottom at the start of today after yesterday’s games, and we need all 3 points out of this difficult game.

Martin Dubravka makes his debut but there’s not Islam Slimani – so he must still be inured.

Martin Dubravka – makes his debut in goal

We need to get him fit quickly so he can help us get the 15 points or more we need to survive.

Florian Lejeune comes in for Ciaran Clark, who is not even on the bench.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• kimbo

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:44 PM

When the whistle was blown my ref to end game I cannot explain the joy that was shown around me , fans hugging each other ,unbelievable atmosphere that I have not seen in years.

• Sherlock

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Back to 10 teams in the mix again. Goal difference could end up being huge. West Bromwich to keep getting nowhere gives us a good chance I reckon

• TyneMouth

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:47 PM

I guess it’s safe to post now, the doom and gloom nuisances will have slithered back under their stones, again.

I enjoyed Jose’s complimentary comment; “fought like animals!” we may not yet be the ‘New Entertainers’ but we could be the ‘New Animals’ Rock on Rafa!

RAFA and the NEW ANIMALS…

• Moonraker15

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Sherlock I know what you’re saying but how can you even consider were going down after a result like that?

• toonluvva

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:58 PM

I reckon if we can keep our new keeper and current back four fit we should be able to climb to safety.
    Jonjo & Diame massive in midfield. Just need some extra finishing power up front. Slimani could make all the difference there.

• Sherlock

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM

I’m not considering it at all I think it gives us a wonderful chance but we must build on it I’m just amazed how quickly the outlook changes game by game. This will be a huge confidence boost I reckon

• consettmags

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Massive team performance, keeper and shelvey
    top dogs today 2 week break now , slimani will be ready and a win at Bournemouth could be huge

• Ninjacent

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:44 PM

Great performance all round, you can pick at these small faults but 3 points is massive and keeps us out the bottom three. Dubravka was excellent and the back 4 and middle solid. The fans was also awesome as always ?

1 7 8 9