Newcastle Fans Swarm Twitter After Terrific 1-0 Home Win Over Red Devils

The Newcastle fans this afternoon swarmed onto Twitter and expressed their delight about the first home win we have had since October and the 3 points catapults up t 13th in the league table.

Matt Ritchie scored after 65 minutes and we should have also had a penalty, but once again the referee turned down a stone-cold penalty.

Why?

This was a great win and two newcomers Martin Dubravka and Kenedy both had good games and make a huge difference to the side.

Matt Ritchie – scores winning goal

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:16 PM

knæk et smil

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:19 PM

RAFA Y LOS NUEVOS ANIMALES …

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:20 PM

Its my party and I will post if I want to!

• Dagwoodz

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:21 PM

That pass from Firmino to Salah was incredible…just confirming he’s world class.

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:22 PM

We’re 13th!!!!!!!

Get in

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Stop talking about another match………!!!!

• SredniVashtar

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Missed the bus, Ed! Slow down and let us get a decent thread going

Loved the game today
    I thought Shelvey, Diame, Lejeune, Lascelles and Dubravka were all excellent today.
    I could rave about that performance for days but I won’t bore you with it.
    I do think yedlin didn’t have the best of games – he got beaten far too easily and was offside a couple of times – But that’s water under the bridge.
    Today reminded me why I dislike Man U – the way the commentators call them “united” like we don’t exist and how on the tv it feels like I’m watching Man U playing just another team. The ref was shocking – the only tricky decision he gave us was the smalling dive !
    To be fair, Jose was class in his post match interview.
    Onto Bournemouth now – does anyone know why there’s a 2 week break? It always seems to happen when we’ve just had a good result.
    HWTL In Dubravka we trust

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Si nos estamos comunicando, ¿es importante el idioma?

• Jib

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:26 PM

FFS
    don’t post in a foreign lingo
    you’ll get Moonraker15 stamping
    his little feet in rage

• G

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Great game today. Shelvey and the new keeper were particularly worthy of mention. Great team performance all round.

• Mag52

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Wonder if Mourinho will be quite as complimentary post match as pre match.

• Mag52

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Apparently he was.

• Jib

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM

Sat 17 Feb
    English FA cup 5th round

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Jib

I thought I could hear a repetitive pin drop!

• Dennis Twice

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• Shadow_Shearer

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Man united players didnt realise they were up against a different animal!

• Hail Wor Ashley

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Shelvey’s best display since his debut, Diame in his best run of form since he signed – makes such a difference when you have your CM partners on the same page and firing on all cylinders.

Lascelles growing into his role more and more each week and looking head and shoulders above more experienced countrymen Smalling and Jones – in fact he literally was for the goal! Dubravaka looks like a points saver/gainer instead of a solid placeholder.

2 week break and a healthy Slimani to come, on the sidelines today and hopefully bought into the all for ethos and that special atmosphere whetted his appetite.

• SPRINGY

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:36 PM

Wow! …just wow!
    Perez did my heed in a bit with decision making and speed of thought at times but all in all…put it this way…i stated yesterday..time for the players to step up,be strong,confident and smart…..take a bow each and every one you players…. outstanding!!!!…..the 50000 other team members u should all take a bow as well…well done,well done u all…. weird feeling winning,i like it!!….i want some more!!! Lol

• Lindisfarne

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:38 PM

I have a vision, an apparition from the future……….
    Slimani the Southcoast Slaughter!!!

• Rotonda heights

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Munster

I am shaking your hand as I speak.
    Great, great day.

• Keith in France

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:15 PM

What a performance – whole team deserve MoM award plus Rafa.

Re my previous post – when I wrote i didn’t think it was going to be a good day, I am so pleased I was totally wrong. What a match, the supporters/noise in the ground were immense too.

It was the first time I’ve posted a negative comment re likely result – maybe I should do it before every game now !

It’s this type of result that could turn our season around.

• peterk3

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:50 PM

Raffa’s a crafty old fox isn’t he. 1st class performance. On this showing we’ve nothing to worry about.