There Can Be No Let Up By Magpies After That Performance

We are still trying to figure out how Rafa Benitez got that performance out of Newcastle in the 1-0 win against Manchester United.

Every single player was committed and played with passion and courage for the shirt and not a little skill.

It was a tribute from Jose Mourinho after the game that summed up Newcastle’s brilliant and gutsy performance – he said it was a beautiful thing in football.

Rafa Benitez on Sunday – thinks …. can I win Champions League with this club?

This is what Jose said after the game:

“Newcastle United’s players and, of course, their staff gave what they have and what they don’t have and I think that’s a beautiful thing in football.”

“I think they came to fight for a point but found themselves 1-0 up and from that point, went beyond all the limits.”

“They showed everything a manager likes to see in this game. I can imagine that Benítez is more than pleased with the effort.”

“Were they lucky? Yes, they were, but sometimes you make your own luck with your state of mind.”

“The way they fought for every last thing is a beautiful thing.”

A bit of class there from Jose after the game.

Jose’s also right – when you play with the guts and heart Newcastle showed, then you do often get the breaks, but we also thought we deserved the win.

But there can be no let up now.

We will suffer some defeats (maybe?) in the final 11 games of this season, but we must go all out and start games like we did on Sunday.

We can overpower the other sides because of the sheer commitment and desire to win the game and do everything necessary to get the result.

Both home and away our players will get the brilliant support of the fans,

We could be safe before the final game of the season if we only approach each and every game like we did this one and start like the proverbial steam train.

It’s nothing new – and what Rafa has been saying all season – and no wonder this man is already almost a GOD on Tyneside.

We like Rafa as a person as much we like him as the world-class manager he undoubtedly is.

Newcastle United and Rafa Benitez is a match made in heaven.

Long may it last.

Howay The Lads!!

• Lindisfarne

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:25 AM

TOON TOON

• Ianyd

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Alright so I thought I would start the chat off with something positive. Hope you all have a great day. Stay positive lads. Nufc for life.

• beefman13

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:32 AM

Come on people we have to get real, i was as chuffed as anyone with the result the other day, thing is you just have to look at the team we are playing next in Bournmouth, they have had some terrific results followed by not so good results, all teams down the bottom of the league are this way, we can win this game, if we can get 6 points from the next 4 games we will have done very good, i do expect our level of effort to be maintained but we are still with a lack of quality, its going to go to the last few games in my opinion and as i have said before that’s what the club deserves( owner, charnley) not our brill fans off course, all teams are fighting for their lives down there,ive got good vibes about Slimani, here is hoping.

• G

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:43 AM

I feel a lot more positive about our predicament than I did last week. Wish I could get to the Bournemouth game, but work commitments have prevented me being able to do so, however, I bet the atmosphere in the travelling fans will be electric. The 12 man is back in the crowd.

• G

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:44 AM

12th man even

• beefman13

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:08 AM

The 12th man will be back at SJP if he continues to be set up positive?