Midfielder Reveals The Secret Of His Success

Mo Diame has been working with a personal trainer, and that has helped his form over the last several months, and it’s been very good indeed.

Mo is currently in the holding midfield position in the first team and is keeping Mikel Merino and Isaac Hayden on the sidelines.

Mo has been little less than a revelation this season, and he looks a different player from the one that struggled so much last season in the Championship.

His experience and coolness in the holding role is helping Newcastle, and we are on a decent run of form and results.

Mo Diame – working really hard – using a personal trainer

This is what Mo has said on nufcTV in accepting the Newcastle’s player of the month award for January:

“Everyone knows I was a little bit frustrated with my performance here since I arrived so now to receive this honor is a very good feeling,”

“It gives me the feeling that I have to give more and it will happen more times. I want to be the player I used to be.”

“And I know I didn’t give the best football performances since I’ve been here and that’s been frustrating but the biggest person who has been frustrated has been me.”

“I am working as hard as I can to give a good level.”

“Little things can make the difference like checking what I eat, working harder – I have been with a personal trainer – and working hard in training.”

“Of course I will always listen to the manager and what he is asking me. These are the details that you have to look after.”

Put Diame’s significant rise in form is down to dedication and commitment.

He’s also been brutal on himself about his poor form.

But his example shows what players can do when they really are committed to improving their game.

The good news on Diame is fans knew he was an excellent player and he is finally showing that form at Newcastle.

It’s also coming at the right time as we move towards the final 11 games of the season and a push to safety.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Bournemouth?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• H.Houdini

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:05 AM

🙄

• toon kk

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:06 AM

Well done to Diame, he’s certainly lifted his game of late.

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Manxpie “It really isnt tsunki if people cant understand that someone might have a different political stance then them then thats their problem tbh”

It really is. People can’t understand. And then it kicks off – making it everyone on the blogs problem because it litters the place with their claptrap. If you don’t think it’s a problem then you’d have no qualms about going on gravatar and changing it.

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:14 AM

If he solidifies this as his game then he won’t be the poor man’s Sissoko, rather an upgrade on that shop window dancer.

• Rotonda heights

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:16 AM

As much most of us want a takeover and to see the back of Ashley, surely loans are a very good policy especially if you have an option to buy at the end. If Ash had had a knock on the head we could have hoyed 30-40M at new players in January. However, I have to say I think the 3 that have come in are very clever, shrewd and astute signings that may just see us survive.

I see Munster is back on the bash Benitex trail. That didn’t last long did it!!! If I was going to sign a dud here and there amongst the many successes, I would rather it be a 1.5M one like Lazaar, or a 3.5M one like Sels, rather than a Sissoko for 30M or a 54M Lacazette.

• lochinvar

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:17 AM

It does look like our fitness and conditioning coaches have now got Mo finely tuned. He had bulked up and looked sluggish but now seems to have an athletic drive about his play which is great and must make defenders think twice about what they’re facing as he attacks. Equally his defensive work is hugely effective. Look forward to more of the same for the rest of the season and a few more goals from him wouldn’t go amiss.