Lascelles Discusses Next Two Massive Games – As Confidence Is Flying

Jamaal Lascelles has been interviewed in the Chronicle today, and he has said that since the Manchester United win the confidence in the squad has been flying.

Jamaal has said the break has come at the wrong time, but Rafa has also had another two weeks to bed in his three new loan signings.

And maybe we will see all three – Dubravka, Kenedy, and Slimani – start at Bournemouth tomorrow.

Jamaal Lascelles – at the end of the game against Man United

Florian Lejeune has come in recently after Ciaran Clark suffered a slight knee injury and the 26-year-old played well with Lascelles at the back.

Florian arguably had his best game for the club last time out in the 1-0 win over the Red Devils and looked solid alongside Jamaal.

Lascelles now thinks the standard has been set for the rest of the season and he started off by talking about the French defender:

“Lejeune is a good defender. He offers a lot, he is good on the ball and defensively he was excellent against Man United,”

“I think me and him played well together against Man United and everyone was at it against them.”

“It’s important that we keep it there. We have set our standard and we need to maintain it.”

“We didn’t really need a rest, but it won’t do us any harm.”

“To be honest though, I would have liked to have another game around the corner because the confidence is flying.”

“Most people would never have thought we would beat Man United. But we beat them, we are on 28 points now and we are in a better position.

“The next two games are massive for us against Bournemouth and Liverpool. We need to be getting a lot of points from those games.”

Newcastle have played well away from home this season, and now we have two away games in succession at Bournemouth and Liverpool.

We would be happy enough with 3 points from those two games – but Rafa will be looking to win both games.

We need another four wins to ensure Newcastle don’t have another relegation.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Bournemouth?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• one fine day

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:51 AM

Ed,
    Oops
    Pic from end of man it’d game .
    Wonga shirt ( pause to shudder ) ?
    Looks like Rafa in background with Le sulk maybe …

• Mag52

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:08 AM

Last season’s game v Man.United.

• TyneMouth

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:25 AM

Yes, this is primarily a football blog, however, there are many posters who object to reading political comments but retaliate with ridiculous statements with are offensively political. The politics of the UK have a major affect on all regions of the UK. It affects everything, the economy, the culture, the general wellbeing of the community. Including the football club.

There is a much used comment, ‘turkeys voting for Christmas’ it should now be ‘sunderland car workers voting for brexit’ It is obvious that if Brexit happens they will be unemployed, unless they move to mainland Europe, but they will by then have no free access.

The north east of the UK, God’s own country, is blessed in many ways, but it is very vulnerable. Be very, very careful what you wish for!

• Bigjim67

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:49 AM

How is Sels doing at Anderlecht? Anyone know the details of his loan deal? Option or obligation to buy? Hoping he signs for them and we can move on and sign dubstar permanently, providing his performance against Man U wasn’t just a one off flukey debut motm display!

• Jib

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:50 AM

The Mackems could migrate to work for Nissan in
    Los Corrales De Buelna in the Basque country.
    Close to Athletic Bilbao who play in red and white.

• Ron Knee

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM

Jib

Not post-Brexit, though!

• Jib

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:58 AM

Bigjim67
    Sels doesn’t seem too regular for Anderlecht
    He could be another headache for Rafa come
    June

• Bigjim67

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Jib. Loan him out again if he’s still here? Who knows, maybe Dubravka will have his head turned by other offers and Sels could be here as a back-up keeper. Hope not though. Anyway for what its worth I’m going for a 1-1 draw tomorrow which i think will be a decent result. Hwtl.

• lesh

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:15 AM

TyneMouth

Be careful what you say, the Blog’s very own blackshirts’ll be knocking on your door.

RonKnee

Stop nitpicking, Brexit means Brexit and the implications mean nothing to some folk who can’t see beyond the Express and the other rags purporting to peddle ‘the truth’.

• Ron Knee

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:24 AM

lesh

That would be a ‘red, white and blue Brexit’, presumably?

• Jib

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:32 AM

I must say I do like Ian Hislop’s sense of humour
    The Private Eye have dubbed the Corbyn spy story
    “The Spy Who Came In From The Allotment”

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Some interesting misinformation being posted on the blog last night, I will not respond to betty as the blog is clearly smart enough to see right through it, judging by the responses. Apparently that is the last time betty is going to raise that particular subject, probably for the best.

Tsunki has really turned bitter, eh? “don’t feed the ‘rats’.” I have to admit, I have always found Tsunki a little odd and I have attempted to keep him at arms length, generally not replying to his posts. My instincts seem to been proven right on that one.

This is my personal favourite from Mister ‘Tuff’. Confusing “derb”—which I have never heard of—with *derp*. Ironic.

“My efforts resulted in me learning one of these newly invented foul insult words – “derb” I think it was – it has something to do with male fallatio – which I thought was totally uncalled for.”

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:41 AM

• hellodjo

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:43 AM

The problem is elderly people, they generally don’t have a grasp on technology as well as younger generations, live in a fantasy realm harking back to their childhoods and have a completely unshakable belief in established media sources such as the BBC and right wing rags like the sun, daily mail and the express etc. fortunately time isn’t on their side but they may do a shit tonne of damage before they’re gone.

• hibbit

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:03 AM

hellodjo
    you will be old one day and some clown will pass the same comments about you

• G

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Off subject, but a neutrals eye view of the relegation battle. Worth a read.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Seems like a bit of a plan being formed here. Bloody OAPS causing all the bother in todays and tomorrows societies.
    Could introduce a mandatory technology test for these old fogies – such as having to send an email. Those failing or not having a computer in the first place – get them off to the goolag and stop their benefits – re -invest their pensions into saving the NHS.
    Also by exterminating the OAPS this could be a celebrated double whammy as they cause all the bother -clogging up the health service with their ailments. Job sorted.

I’ll volunteer to round up these old fogies. Hellodjo – message me via Ed with your parents address and we’ll start the new master plan with them.

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:15 AM

hellodjo wasn’t being ageist, he was referring to the rise of the technological/information age.

• hibbit

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:20 AM

AncientC
    read his post again not ageist ?????????

• DubaiMicky

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:24 AM

Tiresome hibbit isn’t it.

• hibbit

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:24 AM

these so called older folk are the very generation who designed and built this so called super highway and computers

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM

hibbit, younger generations are more informed than say 20 years ago. Trying not to get back into politics so I shall not mention which is which, but this is why one party wants to reduce the voting age, and the other keep it as high as possible—the latter delaying the inevitable.

• dig-n-dig22

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:28 AM

Tynemouth #3
    The British auto industry was deliberately decimated run down and closed to give the Japanese auto industry a platform into Europe. It also gave the EU mainland auto industry no competition in the UK.BrexIt will give our trawler men the right to bring our own fish in to our own ports. it will stop foreign trawlers flooding our country with our fish.

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:29 AM

There is a poster over at ‘The Mag’ that has Thatcher as his avatar. I don’t recall seeing so much fall out over an avatar over on their comment section. It’s the liberty of personal choice.

• hibbit

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM

AncientC
    so you think all young folk are better informed and all older folk are all misinformed ???
    that just doesn’t add up !!!

• posada

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Good Old Maggie.

• hibbit

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:36 AM

a/c
    i don’t have a problem with your avatar but isn’t he a bit old and misinformed,
    working on formula ?????

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM

“so you think all young folk are better informed and all older folk are all misinformed”

That is not what I claimed. Of course it is different for every individual, but there are averages for certain age-ranges. They are only averages though.

• AncientC

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:41 AM

hibbit, If I attempt to answer your last question I will be accused of trying to indoctrinate people on the blog. I will try and stick to my word and keep away from the political discussion. Tsunki will be grinding his teeth already if he is catching up on the blog and has read this far.

• Jib

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM

Mister Tuff
    Seems like a bit of a plan being formed here.
    Bloody OAPS causing all the bother in todays and tomorrows societies.
    Hellodjo – message me via Ed with your parents address
    and we’ll start the new master plan with them.

Start with Jezza he’s 68

😎

• Bigjim67

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:48 AM

hellodjo @14
    I’ll get me coat!

• toonincheek

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:50 AM

Everyone has their own ideas about politics – and posts
    accordingly.

Everyone has their own ideas on how to achieve NO political
    posts – and posts accordingly.

Everyone has their own ideas on political avatars and posts
    accordingly.

Everyone has their own ideas on how to stop political posts
    and posts accordingly.

What say – we just STOP POSTING on anything political ?
    It’s not difficult.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM

hellodjo

What a load of b0llocks your comment is. As one of the elderly members of the blog i think I’m a better judge of what is real news and “fake news” is than many of the younger generation who seem to believe anything they read on most of the modern media outlets.

Plus I do know how to switch the computer on and off.

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM

Ancient ” Tsunki has really turned bitter, eh? “don’t feed the ‘rats’.” I have to admit, I have always found Tsunki a little odd and I have attempted to keep him at arms length, generally not replying to his posts. My instincts seem to been proven right on that one”.

How have I turned bitter? For reminding someone about the blog rules? Do you not think rules have a purpose, Ancient? They are to stop soapbox blusterers like you from shedding your dissatisfaction on us all. Ok, you find me a “little odd” I get that, we all have different tastes.

But to say you’ve tried to avoid me is nonsense because you keep referring to me and without holding back on the jibes and personal insults. Try practising what you preach, hard for the political animal I know but give it a bash.

For your information I refer to rats as unwanted visitors, an unwelcome to invasion by those the householder would prefer not to invite.

Instead of the hypocrisy why not try just to practise what you preach and leave not just your lousy political tub-thumping but me out of it. If you have gripes about your rights to free speech being curtailed, email Ed and harangue him instead.

I don’t care what your politics are but your motives aren’t hard to spot.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:57 AM

So whats next, turning any one over the age of 70 into Soylent Green.

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:01 PM

hellodjo – spoken like a typically naive young person who doesn’t realise he doesn’t have any experience. Out loud.

• Ron Knee

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:02 PM

Tsunki

Are you saying that we shouldn’t challenge falsehoods when they’re posted on here – even if (or especially if) they’re in the taboo areas of ‘religion, ethnic groups or politics’?

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:02 PM

Oops. 😀 just in case that looked a little too bitter.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Mr Tubbs…………………………..OOT
    Junior Tubbs………………………OOT
    OAP Goolag Guards……………OOT
    OAP Corbynista Death Squads…………..OOT
    OAP’s……………………………………………..IN
    Continued NHS treatment for OAP’s……….IN

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:10 PM

Ron Knee I’m saying I respect Eds rules about cutting out blatantly divisive subjects that have nothing to do with NUFC. Mentioning that seems to cause controversy notably with those who want to rail against it.