Upbeat Benitez Laying The Foundations For Success At Newcastle

Rafa Benitez slowly but surely is making Newcastle into a more efficiently run club and a better team at the same time.

Even though he has not been supported in the last three transfer windows by the owner Rafa has managed to create a side that can survive the drop this season.

And our current players will be a lot better next season from the experience they have gone through this season in the Premier League.

The other positive is that Rafa should be given significant funds to spend in the summer, even if Ashley is still the owner.

Rafa Benitez – seems to want to stay at Newcastle

And the manager will be able to sell three or four players, and that will give him more money to spend this summer.

Rafa seems to be upbeat about his and Newcastle’s future, as he said this yesterday as reported in the Chronicle today:

“I had six years there and won four trophies. We had three finals and semi-finals.”

“Hopefully if I can do similar things here the connection will be similar too.”

“At the moment it’s fine because the fans here appreciate the work we are doing here and the Liverpool fans appreciate the work we dis there. We won so many things there.”

“In the time I was around we enjoyed every minute and if you compare our fans they are very similar.”

“My family are still there so I go and have a lot of friends there.”

“Even when you go away, like Bournemouth, you have some Liverpool fans talking to you – obviously, the connection is there.”

“The main thing for me is to try to win.”

“This is a game you normally want to win but at the same time you wish them all the best.

“I always say the same in these situations and it’s ‘All the best’ after the game.”

From Rafa’s comments over the last few months, it seems he wants to stay at Newcastle long-term and beyond his current contract which runs out on June 30th next year.

It will be interesting to see if Ashley can persuade him to sign a new deal this summer to stay at Newcastle.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Tsunki

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:52 AM

14th with 41 points?

Premier League relegation: Who will go down? – http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43202293

• Black'n'White'n'BroonAllOver

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:08 AM

Good good Nutmeg,

Alan Kennedy, Alan Wood

where were you last night? I could have had an extra couple of hours sleep!

And Colin Bell??!!

Some very good midfielders going to be sitting on the bench for this team.

• Jib

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:17 AM

The club are looking for a team to play
    in the 3 week gap following the Soton game

I like the idea of playing Hartlepool at SJP
    and giving them all the gate receipts to help
    them out
    I’m sure if the club charged £20 a lot of fans
    would turn up to give them a hand up.
    If we got a full house £1millon would really
    pull them out the shite

• Veltman

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:17 AM

Tsunki – saw that report yesterday and it looks canny assessment and that machine is also accurate usually ,along with BBC sources and pundits.So hope will not be lost even if we get walloped by Liverpool today.Fingers crossed.

• Rotonda heights

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:22 AM

I’m surprised Dubravka didn’t come off worse after Shelvey smashed in to him. Not Shelvey’s finest few minutes missing the chance and wiping out his own keeper!

Jib

My Spanish basically translates that as:-

Rafa
    behind the red filing cabinet there is a
    hole in the wall – you can see
    directly in the women’s restrooms

• Jib

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:34 AM

Rotonda heights

The NEW googlemeister

😀

• Munster Mag

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:48 AM

I love rafa’s calmness ‘re pundits. In fairness to lampard though, shelves wanted to play this week so maybe his knee wasn’t as bad as we are saying, at the end of the game? I don’t have bt sport so might have to watch it in pub full of pool fans over here. Pain in the hole.