Rafa Benitez Will Be In BIG Demand By Premier League Clubs This Summer

Pundit Stan Collymore has said it wouldn’t surprise him if Rafa Benitez ends his time at Newcastle and moves to manage another Premier League club.

He needs to stay in England, so he is close to his family in the Wirral, Cheshire.

Rafa is fighting hard to keep Newcastle in the Premier League this season, but it’s no thanks to owner Mike Ashley who has Newcastle fighting relegation for the fourth time in the last five seasons we have been in England’s top division.

That’s a damning statistic of his ownership at Newcastle.

There are plenty of Premier League clubs who would love to have Rafa in charge with one likely favorite being West Ham United.

David Moyes is only contracted to the club until the summer, and they are starting to struggle a little in the league.

Rafa Benitez – will he leave Newcastle this summer?

If West Ham survive, we would expect the Hammers to move for Rafa with a promise they would give him some big money to spend this summer.

West Ham would also keep that promise.

That’s something he’s not guaranteed with Mike Ashley, if he still the Newcastle owner, which is very likely.

This is what Stan has said to Betstars today:

“I think what he’s been frustrated with is that he was promised funds to be able to kick Newcastle on to the next level which Mike Ashley hasn’t given him because of the projected takeover, which obviously hasn’t happened now.”

“I think that he will make sure that they fight tooth and nail to make sure they stay in the league and it wouldn’t at all surprise me if he keeps them in the league but then he walks and he says ‘right I’ve had enough’.

“With the greatest of respect to Newcastle there are probably five or six premium jobs that are going to be going, whether it be at international or club level that he would walk into with his CV.”

It’s a possibility Rafa will leave Newcastle this summer and if he does it will break the hearts of Newcastle fans.

It would also bring even more disdain on owner Mike Ashley who would have again been able to screw things up big time at Newcastle.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM

“which Mike Ashley hasn’t given him because of the projected takeover”
    Nothing to do with the takeover Stan, it’s about doing the bare minimum to remain in the league. It’s how it’s always been under him and always will be while he’s here.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM

That was Stan Collymore, ex professional footballer and now football pundit, recorded with a friend at 02:30 in the back seat of a Nissan Primera in the eastbound lay-by of the A689 from Rushyford to Sedgefield.

• magscar

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM

Good to see new thread from Ed. 🙂

Might have been a slow news day only the Moncur left Board story out there otherwise?

• Our Toon

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:41 PM

Glad you have returned ed

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:41 PM

An extra 30M spent last summer would have more than likely had us very comfortable in November and relegation clauses wouldn’t have wasted any ink.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:43 PM

magscar,
    I would hope you’d be the first up the ladder while the oil was still hot 😀

• c-dog

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:43 PM

If slimani plays at southampton and does the business he would no longer be considered an atrocious signing. But up to now, the signing actually couldn’t have been any worse. On the others, Dubravka has done well. And Kenedy looks poor.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:44 PM

Magscar you’re right that moment has passed but to dissolve any lingering doubt, I was describing the interaction of runaways garbled posts, your caution on victimising the said “afflicted”, his admission to being “self-afflicted” hic…burp…and then your “oh. Fair enough he was steamed after all” rounded off nicely by jibs wistful cautionary tale of the perils of liquor.

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:45 PM

I like Stan C. A real grass roots guy. Well, more grass stains.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:47 PM

C dog,
    Kenedy was immense against Burnley

• Tsunki

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:47 PM

Kenedy has only looked “poor” against Liverpool, and there was a good reason for that, they shut him down well. Give the lad a break he’s taken a while to get up to match fitness as it is. Are we already writing him off as a poor signing? Sheesh!

• hibbit

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:50 PM

Our Toon
    that post wasn’t aimed at you, if it had been i would have asked you out outright. i definitely don’t put you in that category, we don’t always agree but i know you always raise a fair point.

on the other hand there are plenty of others on here that the cap fits !!!

• magscar

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Jail

I am in Rafa’s camp so no need for ladder but see no reason why Our Toon can’t articulate his reasoned views on here without being castigated or lumped with others who may or may not have an agenda. This is what makes the Blog tick and is for NUFC of all persuasions. The previous fortnight wasn’t brilliant reading in my humble view but it seemed other material was not there with no match.

After Saturday and until Huddersfield should be fun if that was anything to go by.

Oh and I know before some clever clogs points it out I could always contibrute if I don’t like the chat but I think most don’t read my posts anyway unless looking to give a dig and I dont’ really fel like being a punchbag for otherwise bored bloggers looking for material 🙂

• c-dog

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:55 PM

I think Kenedy has been found out. He was very good in his first game and poor since. I have always thought we needed some proven players. Our best bets are Shelvey and Ritchie performing to their ability at this point. Slimani could be good but the transfer was one carried out in panic clearly. I hope he plays this weekend.

• Our Toon

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:03 PM

Hibbit

No problem mate apologies if I offended you in anyway

Magscar – this would be a boring blog if everyone had the same views. Very balanced view you have, I do believe we have a minority on here that are out for rafa’s blood and I’m certainly not in that category.

My ideal situation is rafa keeps us up and Ashley sells quick in the summer, the latter is less likely