Newcastle Arrange Strange Friendly In Spain For Sunday

Rafa said he would finish the four-day training camp in Spain late this week with a competitive friendly and he has set that up with Newcastle playing Royal Antwerp.

The game will be at the Pinatar Arena near Murcia on Sunday with a 12pm local kick-off local time – 11am Newcastle time.

But it’s unusual in that there will be three 45 minute halves so that players including the fringe players can get some game time.

Rafa Benitez – sets up friendly

The Newcastle United Twitter account announced the game and the Chronicle’s Mark Douglas mentioned the three separate halves.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:15 AM

Hopefully Slimani , Murphy and Merino get a good run out

• magscar

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:18 AM

Repost

hibbit

Thanks for your considered response to my ponderings. I would have prefered the takeover to have happened but it hasn’t and we all have to move on. It could be revived or another bidder come into it and if that happens great but what if not?

We all thought that Rafa’s poise during the takeover speculation meant that he knew what was going on and what was to come – it hasn’t and he doesn’t seem any more troubled. It may be simply his professionalism and a bombshell is to follow at end of season.

As you say and I have acknowledged Ashley does mix it up/messes up more often than not but he is dealing with a more astute manager in the strongest position of any manager since KK and facing an unprecedentedbacklash in the histoy of the club never mind his tenure. He doesn’t care for us but he does about his asset and we are entwined right now.

All guesswork as I am not an ITK but I see no harm in sharing my viewpoint based on what I see and read and going to matches

• magscar

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:19 AM

AS I suffer from motion sickness I will have a break until blog stops moving

• The next Mike Williamson

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:25 AM

I think Southampton have done the right thing sacking Pellegrino. They should have probaby sacked him in December. With the money they’ve made from transfers and TV you would have thought they’d have bought a goalscorer at some point over the last 2-3 years. Carrillo at almost £20m seems like a shocking signing when you look at his past record (1 in 4 at Monaco). They should have loaned Mitrovic.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:25 AM

Jib,
    I think it’s even more foolish to think people will change after eleven years of lies, propaganda and let downs. He had the perfect opportunity to change after getting Rafa but three windows in a row now he’s undermined him.
    It must have been some size dwindling mi to hold up that flag last month.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:26 AM

minority.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:56 AM

Can anyone find a recent popularity poll on Mike Ashley, The Mag doesn’t count unfortunately.