Newcastle Striker Frustrated But Players Working Hard To Stay Safe

Dwight Gayle has come into some form over the last couple of months, and he is Newcastle’s top scorer this season, but with only 5 Premier League goals.

Once Islam Slimani is fit, we expect the 29-year-old Algerian International to be introduced into the side, but Gayle will still be a key player for us during the run-in.

He’s one of the few natural goalscorers we have at the club, and if given a chance Dwight can usually put the ball in the back of the net.

That’s precisely what he did twice in the first half at Bournemouth, so the number 9 can still score some very vital goals for us this season.

Dwight Gayle – in action against the Saints

He also had two excellent assists in the wins against Manchester United and Southampton when we got 6 valuable points.

This is what Gayle has said in the Chronicle today from sunny Spain:

“We’ve got a few days away in Spain and we’re going to be working hard.

“To be honest, it is a bit frustrating that we’re not playing this weekend.”

“We’ve had a couple of weeks now where we have had a good result but then not had a fixture to follow up.”

“That was the case after Man United when we didn’t play the next week, and now the same for the Southampton win.”

“We want to be out there and performing and picking up as many points as we can really. That’s it.”

“It will be a nice bonding session for the boys.” “It should be a nice couple of days to get some work in and do it in the sun.”

“Hopefully, we come back ready for the Huddersfield Town game.” “Everybody is focused on the main goal, which is to stay up.

“You can see that from every player.” “We’re all trying to work hard.

“We’re looking to get up the Premier League table and stay safe.”

Newcastle are having double training sessions in Murcia, Spain as Rafa prepares the squad for the friendly against Royal Antwerp on Sunday.

The squad will then return to Newcastle.

We need all 3 points against Huddersfield in our next game and if we can do that at St. James’ Park we will be very close to safety.

Maybe we can then relax a little?

Maybe not.

• Jib

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:54 AM

The closest la liga fixture today to Rafa
    is probably Valencia vs Alavés which is
    a good 2/3 hours drive away so I doubt
    he will be taking in any live matches

• toonincheek

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Jib –

That could be 45 mins by ‘copter (if the budget
    stretches to that!)

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Miles Starforth
    ?
    Islam Slimani’s not training with the main group, so hard to see him being involved in tomorrow’s friendly. He’ll still go away with Algeria next week. #nufc

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:03 AM

RobLeenio from last night

Thanks for the video link. That Haythem Mohamed is some guitarist. Outstanding technique with a superb use of pedals. Seems to be playing in an open F#m tuning, which I have never come across before. He certainly blew my mind too. I’ll look out for him.

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:56 AM

beermonkey

“ed actually told you it was online guy that complained and got you moderated”

No, I didn’t ask who it was and Ed didn’t say. There was no need.

I don’t want to sound like I’m banging on about this but I’ll explain and then shut the * up. In my first post I referred to OG as the ‘rectum’ of the blog. In a very quick response, OG ranted a bit and ended with “You owe me an apology ..on second thoughts stuff it sicko.”

I was immediately moderated. It took about two weeks before I realised what was going on. On contacting Ed, he said that someone had complained and he stopped me posting. On investigating, he said he couldn’t find anything wrong with my post and unmoderated me. When I eventually posted again OG responded “Missed you , dId you enjoy your holidays? . Go anywhere nice ?”.

So, like me, you can make your own mind up on who complained to Ed. Of course, he’s now saying that a big boy did it and ran away.

Andy McKee is considered one of the top half dozen or so acoustic guitarists in the world so you were lucky to see him. His technique is unbelievable but I actually prefer Tommy Emmanuel, Gabriella Quevedo and, from the old days, Stefan Grossman and John Renbourne. I don’t think I could ever do what Andy does but I can have a go at the others.

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:06 AM

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Ron

Thanks for that. I did enjoy it – immensely. It’s a different musical world from the one I inhabit. Think I’ll just put my guitar in its case now.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:18 AM

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:39 AM

A Pain

I was going to write “nil desperandum” but I see it’s on Sunderland’s coat of arms!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:50 AM

Online Guy

I normally try to avoid blog politics and let the kiddies fight amongst themselves.

But I think you’ve insulted a lot of regular long time decent posters by saying that the only one left is Lesh.

This by the way is not a dig at Lesh. I respect his opinions as I do most of the the posters as I do yours most of the time.

As I previously said from a quote attributed to Voltaire. “I may disagree with what what someone will say but I’ll defend to the death their right to say it” Regardless!!

• Veltman

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Oooh, I feel like biting and digging today.
    Not gonna hesitate half a second to jump in and trump someone else. 😀

• sing in the corner

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM

Another cracking opportunity to watch a couple of proper Championship strikers at work..
    Smith and some bloke called Mitro..
    🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:32 PM

sitc,
    What a time to notch his first hatrick in the UK.

• RobLeenio

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Pain, you’re welcome.

Munster, hope your health issues are not too severe and next week’s hospital trip sorts it.

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:54 PM

lesh (from last night)

I’ve come across David Lindley before and I just cannot get enthused by him. He’s a fantastic lap steel guitarist and plays those incredible looking stringed instruments brilliantly. I can appreciate him but I won’t be buying one of his albums.